collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time to Rebuild?  (Read 21508 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Time to Rebuild?
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2017, 04:48:52 PM »
Agree PWS and the attitude of whatever we want we can buy it.  The concept of building on previously established foundations for growth is swept aside by every incoming new order.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2017, 06:42:02 PM »
I agree with all of the above. Where I think we as fans play a huge part is we have to accept that it is a long term commitment that won’t always be pretty. I think it’s a model that once fully implemented looks a lot like the factory that Southampton have created. I would love for us to have that level of talent coming through year after year.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2018, 01:01:46 PM »
...and using it!!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2018, 01:12:41 PM »
Agree.  Okay injuries apart how long has it taken Rushian to get a chance.  Davis, Green and O'Hare have to live for the gnarled old plodders getting the shits.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2018, 01:26:02 PM »
Agree.  Okay injuries apart how long has it taken Rushian to get a chance.  Davis, Green and O'Hare have to live for the gnarled old plodders getting the shits.

RHM hasn't had too many chances but he's been injured most of the season, so has Green who was starting games when he got his injury. O'hare is the only one who can probably count himself unlucky.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2018, 01:31:19 PM »

RHM hasn't had too many chances but he's been injured most of the season, so has Green who was starting games when he got his injury. O'hare is the only one who can probably count himself unlucky.

I liked what I saw of Doyle-Hayes in the League Cup Clampy and think that he is the kind of midfielder we have needed in times in that he is decent on the ball and keeps it moving quickly.  I just wonder whether his size is going to go against him in certain quarters. 

Online Clampy

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2018, 01:36:19 PM »

I liked what I saw of Doyle-Hayes in the League Cup Clampy and think that he is the kind of midfielder we have needed in times in that he is decent on the ball and keeps it moving quickly.  I just wonder whether his size is going to go against him in certain quarters. 

I've seen him a few times when the U23's were shown on AVTV and he stood out more than Davis to be honest. He'll probably get a game in the cup.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2018, 02:34:55 PM »
I  have posted several times about rebuilding, but having looked at the contract end dates of all of the players I can find as definitely being on the books, below is a who's who of players and their contract end dates. (Info from AVFC website,Transfermkt,Wikipedea,Google amongst others.)
At present, we definitely have 74 players (1st team, reserves and academy) on the books.
Out of contract at end of season (2018) 26 players.
Out of contract 2019 30 players.
Out of contract 2020 13 players.
Out of contract 2021/2 5 players.

At the end of this season;
Terry, Bunn, Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor, Sarkic, Watkins, Abdo, Blackett-Taylor, Borg, Prosser, Pastorek, Clarke, Clark, Finnerty, Coates, Knibbs, Cox, Hall, Idem, Johansson, Stretch, Boucher, Bazeley-Graham, Williams, Rowe.

2019;
Richards, Whelan, De Laet, Jedinak, Elphick, Green, Davis, Steer, Lyden, McKirdy, Suliman, O'Hare, Mooney, Gil, Pressley, Revan, Walker, Guy, Patterson, Birch(J), Ige, Ramsey, Birch(M), Tait, Brunt,Sea, Odutayo, Hooper.

2020;
Bjarnason, Chester, Elmohamady, Kodjia, Grealish, Adomah, McCormack, Gardner, Hepburn-Murphy, Doyle-Hayes, Tshibola, Bedeau, Gollini.

2021/22;
Hourihane, Lansbury, Taylor, Bree, Hogan.

So who would you give a new contract to?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
Were we to go up this season, I would probably keep Terry for another season if he felt he could manage it, while at the same time bring in a younger centre half who could take over from Terry the season after.  The other senior players there could go.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2018, 03:41:44 PM »
Sooooo much depends on what division we are in. Too soon to even think about this. Other than that is, that Agbonlahor does not get another contract regardless.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2018, 05:48:22 PM »
Depressing seeing Micah's contract doesn't end for about another 18 months.

Offline frank black

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »

He’s leaving after his testimonial friendly against Fiorentina next season. I fully expect a ticker tape send off and plenty of Micah tattoos being requested at the local ink emporiums.

Online The Edge

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2018, 09:56:30 PM »

He’s leaving after his testimonial friendly against Fiorentina next season. I fully expect a ticker tape send off and plenty of Micah tattoos being requested at the local ink emporiums.
For his brilliant commitment to the Villa cause he deserves nothing less than a huge testimonial and a statue of the legend that is Micah Richards be put in a prominent place outside the stadium.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2018, 10:36:42 PM »

For his brilliant commitment to the Villa cause he deserves nothing less than a huge testimonial and a statue of the legend that is Micah Richards be put in a prominent place outside the stadium.

The statue would have more chance of getting a game.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2018, 05:04:02 PM »
We need to adopt this philosophy now.  Rid ourselves of as many of the big time charlie's as possible, do root and branch change.  No more short term fix attempts they don't work.  I would take another two seasons in this division to get the right philosophy going again.  We cannot be lurching from one style to none to another.  The Villa Engine lasted about 12 months didn't it.  What a farce.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal