collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Time to Rebuild?  (Read 21504 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Time to Rebuild?
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 07:05:47 PM »
I forgot (how could I) about SGT rebuilding us although arguable that he didn’t complete the job before he left the first time.

The kind of person we must look for doesn’t:

1. Think Gabby is just the sort of player we could do with ‘if he gets himself right.’

2. Think Micah Richards would be in the team if ‘he gets himself right.’

3. Haul off Robert Snodgrass for tactical reasons and then has him as the first name on the team sheet next game.

4. Put Josh Onomah up front when we have a ten goal winger playing behind him.

5. Have Christopher Samba as main back up to 36 year old John Terry at the centre of defence.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 07:07:36 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »
I think you're over complicating a simple game.

You need a plan. It need not be extravagant to execute in an effective way.

We have suffered as too many managers of late have lacked a plan. Only O'Neill and Tim to an extent had an idea of how we were to attack.

Pace, early ball out wide, quality of delivery, height and percentage football from set pieces (how many free kicks did Stan and Barry's arses win; arse out, fall over, Young whips in and He Who is Bigger than Me or You nods home.)

Sherwood was found out pretty sharpish, but he recognised we needed to get it into Benteke as fast as possible, plenty of pace and flooding numbers forward.

Bruce, Garde, RDM, SM MkI and MkII...I saw every horrible game and I couldn't tell you how we set up to break down the opposition. Lambert stumbled on 433 for a time.

You need an idea and you need to recruit to execute it. We have ball players, not a lot of pace, a couple of very physically imposing young lads and some qucik full backs which means we ought to be able to peg possession quite high territorially.

We don't and we amble. A decent manager with a plan may well be able to deliver something.

Money and a plan. The club needed investment at every facet and it now has that. It has a lot of good players for this level the issue is we scoop them up, shake them about and drop them onto the pitch expecting results.

We need a coach. SHQ is right.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »
I think you're over complicating a simple game.

You need a plan. It need not be extravagant to execute in an effective way.

We have suffered as too many managers of late have lacked a plan. Only O'Neill and Tim to an extent had an idea of how we were to attack.

Pace, early ball out wide, quality of delivery, height and percentage football from set pieces (how many free kicks did Stan and Barry's arses win; arse out, fall over, Young whips in and He Who is Bigger than Me or You nods home.)

Sherwood was found out pretty sharpish, but he recognised we needed to get it into Benteke as fast as possible, plenty of pace and flooding numbers forward.

Bruce, Garde, RDM, SM MkI and MkII...I saw every horrible game and I couldn't tell you how we set up to break down the opposition. Lambert stumbled on 433 for a time.

You need an idea and you need to recruit to execute it. We have ball players, not a lot of pace, a couple of very physically imposing young lads and some qucik full backs which means we ought to be able to peg possession quite high territorially.

We don't and we amble. A decent manager with a plan may well be able to deliver something.

Money and a plan. The club needed investment at every facet and it now has that. It has a lot of good players for this level the issue is we scoop them up, shake them about and drop them onto the pitch expecting results.

We need a coach. SHQ is right.
The penny finally dropped, was last night the turning point?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
No need for that, is there?

Ads has said on a few threads he's had enough.

Most of us try to give a manager a chance -even though the statistics show 99.9% of them will ultimately fail.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »

Most of us try to give a manager a chance -even though the statistics show 99.9% of them will ultimately fail.
Has he?
Having spent the season attacking any one who dared criticise Bruce, maybe the apology got lost in the post.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 07:52:36 PM »
Maybe the final warning you received also got post in the post? Knock off acting like your gloating or you won't be posting here again.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 07:54:16 PM »

Has he?
Having spent the season attacking any one who dared criticise Bruce, maybe the apology got lost in the post.

Yes he has. You’re intentionally being antagonistic yet again. He had every right to have his opinion on Bruce. And it’s changed as is his right.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 07:55:24 PM »
Messageboard?  I have disagreed with Ads about Bruce and plenty of other things, I'm sure. Never felt I needed redress though.

Good luck with the apology.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »
Maybe the final warning you received also got post in the post? Knock off acting like your gloating or you won't be posting here again.
Sorry, I did not see the final warning.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 08:03:59 PM »
What’s the latest on the ‘Villa Engine'?

It’s took December off

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 08:11:18 PM »
I want Bruce to succeed I still think he might do.  However how anyone can continually make the same mistakes and be paid for it is beyond the wit of many a person.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2017, 09:07:31 PM »

It’s took December off

Throw in the guy who has been twiddling his fingers on gardening leave from Middlesvilla for half a year and see what happens. Maybe he has an idea how to assemble this collection of players together. Laughable.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »
Bruce gambled big last summer knowing if we didn't get promoted he would be out. His gamble was to load up on tried and tested players that have played at top level but who are past their best. The gamble has failed we have  a team of slow ageing players with a sprinkle of youth rather that the other way round. Forced to play Davis who in his first few games  was a breath of fresh air it should have given Bruce the encouragement to give other young players their chance most managers would have but Bruce is far to conservative he falls back on the likes of Gabby and other players who WE know should never see the first team squad. I watch the premiership and realise it is a different game entirely, we long to be there but if we did sneak in and win the play offs it would be a very difficult assignment to keep us there.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2017, 09:25:09 PM »

It’s took December off

Throw in the guy who has been twiddling his fingers on gardening leave from Middlesvilla for half a year and see what happens. Maybe he has an idea how to assemble this collection of players together. Laughable.

Interesting that Pulis didn’t try and keep him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2017, 09:30:37 PM »
Pulis didn't have the chance to as Agnew was already with us before Monk was sacked.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal