collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How will FFP affect us next year?  (Read 4854 times)

Offline Proposition Joe

Re: How will FFP affect us next year?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2018, 10:30:38 PM »
Didn't QPR openly flout the rules the last time they went up? I'm sure I remember talk of them possibly having to face massive points deductions or some such if they were to be relegated from the Prem. But I can't recall if anything ever came of it when they did drop.

Anyway, the upshot is if you are confident on getting promotion just ignore FFP. The EFL sanctions don't apply to PL clubs. So Wolves for example can spend with impunity. If I were our chief exec I would abide by the rules - we look like a playoff team at best.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 10:41:32 PM »
Didn't QPR openly flout the rules the last time they went up? I'm sure I remember talk of them possibly having to face massive points deductions or some such if they were to be relegated from the Prem. But I can't recall if anything ever came of it when they did drop.

Anyway, the upshot is if you are confident on getting promotion just ignore FFP. The EFL sanctions don't apply to PL clubs. So Wolves for example can spend with impunity. If I were our chief exec I would abide by the rules - we look like a playoff team at best.

Yes they were fined heavily last season but not sure how that's progressing (if they've appealed etc).

Bournemouth and Leicester were both fined after promotion but obviously much easier to pay it off with premier league tv money.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 11:04:03 PM »
QPR were fined £40m in October for breaching in 2013/14. They’ve appealed.

Since then sanctions have been widened to include points deductions or demotion from either automatic promotion places to the play-offs or from the play-offs to not in the play-offs.

So, caution is the word, I suspect.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal