collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How will FFP affect us next year?  (Read 4898 times)

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
Re: How will FFP affect us next year?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 02:34:21 PM »
It doesn't have to be. What we should do is cut our cloth accordingly. With our revenues we should still be amongst the highest grossing clubs in the division. The obvious disadvantage financially will be those clubs that will come down, but as we have demonstrated admirably and Sunderland too, it doesn't matter what resources you have if you blow it all on terrible players and/or bought by a terrible manager.

I would rather us get rid as best as possible of the high earners, recruit well (Burnley, Huddersfield, Bournemouth etc etc etc all seem managed this just fine) and bring through some of our very talented kids to add life and speed to our club.

I’m confident that on the commercial side we currently have the best reach and nouse that we’ve ever had.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »
It doesn't have to be. What we should do is cut our cloth accordingly. With our revenues we should still be amongst the highest grossing clubs in the division. The obvious disadvantage financially will be those clubs that will come down, but as we have demonstrated admirably and Sunderland too, it doesn't matter what resources you have if you blow it all on terrible players and/or bought by a terrible manager.

I would rather us get rid as best as possible of the high earners, recruit well (Burnley, Huddersfield, Bournemouth etc etc etc all seem managed this just fine) and bring through some of our very talented kids to add life and speed to our club.

I’m confident that on the commercial side we currently have the best reach and nouse that we’ve ever had.

As fans if we went and got an up and coming manager; the next Wagner or Dyche or Howe (of course it would be great to get one of those but in all likelihood we won't) we have to trust their judgment when they buy that kid from League 2 or non league who becomes the next Nakhi Wells or Callum Wilson or Andre Gray . Just because we are Aston Villa we have no divine right to shopping at the top end of the market. We have to get younger and faster and more streamlined as a club. The money will always be there if we get promoted. We need to do so much better because we have wasted so much on so little for so long.

Offline exigo

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 03:36:07 PM »
Hopefully it will mean we'll be forced to play the kids, who look far more inclined to fight for the shirt than the current first XI.

What would people be saying though if we were 12th this time next season with half a team of them. It wouldn't be all encouragement on here I'm pretty sure of it.

Circumstances might have to force us to do it though.

What might they be saying if we have a decent manager getting a tune out of them up at the top though?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2017, 07:03:10 PM »

Really?
Based on what?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 07:16:06 PM »
Hopefully it will mean we'll be forced to play the kids, who look far more inclined to fight for the shirt than the current first XI.

What would people be saying though if we were 12th this time next season with half a team of them. It wouldn't be all encouragement on here I'm pretty sure of it.

Circumstances might have to force us to do it though.

What might they be saying if we have a decent manager getting a tune out of them up at the top though?

Yes it would be great but that's obviously the best case scenario and that hasn't happened to us much since 2010 so we'd need to make many right decisions in terms of recruitment.

So just to be clear people want us to go down the route we did under Lambert for the first 18 months but hope because we're not playing premier league teams results will be kinder?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 10:28:33 AM »

Really?
Based on what?

Tom Fox told us.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »

Really?
Based on what?

Tom Fox told us.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest. ;)

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 12:12:02 PM »
I've read the two pages Re: How will FFP affect us next year, and nobody answered the question, so will someone tell me how FFP will affect the club?
Or is it a case of waiting for the accounts to be published?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »
I assume we will be royally fucked by it as we lose most of our parachute payments and would need to find £20+m to balance the books?

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 12:40:44 PM »
Only assets value wise we have are Chester, Kodjia and Jack. £25-£30m between them. We will get £8m for Amavi and off the wage bill we will have about £200k a week after Gabby, Hutton, Terry, Bunn are gone.
Issue is we will literally have to start again the rebuild. New manager needing a whole new team on sell to buy. We could be in this league for a good few seasons yet

Andre Green, O'Hare, Davis, RHM are all worth a few Bob. And if Jack kicks on and puts in performances like this week, he will probably raise 30m on his own.... 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »
The parachute money drops to £16m next year from memory.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 12:07:55 AM »
What are we currently getting from it Chelts?

Edit: Personally think if we don't go up we'd sell Chester and if he's not still injured Kodjia. That would be 20m + right there and the Amavi money would also come through.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »

Edit: Personally think if we don't go up we'd sell Chester and if he's not still injured Kodjia. That would be 20m + right there and the Amavi money would also come through.

Again, working from memory, it was something like £57m in the first season, £47m in the second and £16m in the third. Then you get bugger all. I also have a recollection of us being the last bunch to get 3 years worth (with it dropping to 2 with the new TV deal) but I might be talking bollocks.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 08:48:37 PM »

Again, working from memory, it was something like £57m in the first season, £47m in the second and £16m in the third. Then you get bugger all. I also have a recollection of us being the last bunch to get 3 years worth (with it dropping to 2 with the new TV deal) but I might be talking bollocks.

How is it paid?
Clubs get the following amounts over the three seasons.

In season one, 2016-17, Villa would get £40 million

In season two, 2017-18, Villa would get £33 million

In season three, 2018-19, Villa would get £14 million.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 08:50:57 PM »

How is it paid?
Clubs get the following amounts over the three seasons.

In season one, 2016-17, Villa would get £40 million

In season two, 2017-18, Villa would get £33 million

In season three, 2018-19, Villa would get £14 million.

Cash lump sum.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal