collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Behind the scenes at the Birmingham derby - guardian online video  (Read 7518 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Not all complimentary towards the police, but the main aspect was them having to deal with proper numpties bloose fans.

Surely the way forward if we play them next season would be to get the villa fans out first.  Food for thought though if we are again in the same division

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
Re: Behind the scenes at the Birmingham derby - guardian online video
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
Link to the documentary

West midlands finest do not come out of that at all well.  I fail to see the logic of keeping the away fans (us, in this case) in. Surely the diminished numbers of away fans bent on causing trouble would be easier to police/disperse than the larger number of home fans bent on mayhem. As this video shows >:(

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 06:30:08 PM »
What can you expect when this is the Blose reaction from SHA board, theey really are thick bastards, one bloke even blaming the police for being there.

https://www.that lot.com/read.php?1,2381412

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 06:39:03 PM »
Very good policing from Bladen apparently.

He's a happy Dingle at the moment.

Offline Dougs Socks

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 06:56:13 PM »
What can you expect when this is the Blose reaction from SHA board, theey really are thick bastards, one bloke even blaming the police for being there.

Lets be honest, if they would of let us out, they would of been doing what they usually do, running away and hiding in the local supermarket. They are that thick, they actually believe the horse shit they are fed. I mean, they own the city lol. Wankers, each and every one them, and they know it too!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 07:07:55 PM »
Hardmen wrapped in Burberry squealing like piggies when they're nicked. "My ribs!"

Offline Dougs Socks

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 07:11:22 PM »
Hardmen wrapped in Burberry squealing like piggies when they're nicked. "My ribs!"

Haha! Know how that feels to my embarrasment! :-[

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 10:04:56 PM »
First of all how the heck have the police allowed this video to be broadcast.  Shows they didn't have a scooby.  Bladen appears to be a decent fella but he lacks any real say, that I think is obvious. 

As for the opposition.  There must be some decent bloose fans somewhere.  Appears that most inner city clubs have similar issues.  I am just happy that we are different. 

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 11:12:34 PM »
Link to the documentary

West midlands finest do not come out of that at all well.  I fail to see the logic of keeping the away fans (us, in this case) in. Surely the diminished numbers of away fans bent on causing trouble would be easier to police/disperse than the larger number of home fans bent on mayhem. As this video shows >:(

The only people to come out of that video badly are the Noses who deliberately stuck around looking for trouble. One copper described them as “animals”. It says it all really.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 11:39:40 PM »
First of all how the heck have the police allowed this video to be broadcast.  Shows they didn't have a scooby.  Bladen appears to be a decent fella but he lacks any real say, that I think is obvious. 

As for the opposition.  There must be some decent bloose fans somewhere.  Appears that most inner city clubs have similar issues.  I am just happy that we are different. 

All clubs have their dickhead fans - the Villa are no different.

Football would generally be better if fans concentrated on what they had in common rather than trying to beat the shit out of each other.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 12:36:19 AM »

Lets be honest, if they would of let us out, they would of been doing what they usually do, running away and hiding in the local supermarket. They are that thick, they actually believe the horse shit they are fed. I mean, they own the city lol. Wankers, each and every one them, and they know it too!

If they had let the Villa fans out, you would have had innocent football fans being pelted with bottles and rocks in the way the police were. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 12:48:06 AM »
Not if they'd let us out first. We would have been gone in ten minutes and then their fans could have been released. Far better than making Villa fans wait two hours.

At the very least, they should be warned, via the media, the programme and their website, that failure to disperse in an orderly and prompt manner after the game will result in them being kept behind after future derbies.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 01:06:20 AM »
What as disgraceful bunch of half wits.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »
The bit on 15:10 you can see a bloser picking up the sand bag off the road sign to use as a weapon.

We know they have a high percentage of arseholes but we were right up there for arrests at football matches http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42095049 (I know we a have larger crowds which skews it slightly).  They are not all bad and I'm sure most of us on here have family and friends who support them who are just normal people and football supporters. 
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 09:18:07 AM by itbrvilla »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
Of course, they're not all bad. I can't understand those that want to stay behind in the cold for an hour or more just to shout at some people for five minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal