collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Millwall Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14222 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Millwall Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 03:18:56 PM »
Me. The overconfidence was making me nervy.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 03:19:07 PM »
And there was me thinking it was Clampy.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 03:28:13 PM »
If we get back to playing like we did second half at Leeds we’ll be fine. We’ve been good at home under Bruce and there should be nothing to be fearful of with Millwall. Do our job well, play like we can and we’ll come out on top. Stick me down for 2-0.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »
Lansbury and Grealish to come in for Hourihane and Onomah. Give them a rest as they looked jaded. RHM and Gabby both on the bench as well as Davis could do with some time out.

Them pair would let us switch to a more conventional 442, with the pace to really expose Millwall later on.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 03:47:24 PM »
At risk of disrupting the points juggernaut I would really like to see him freshen it up a bit. Grealish and Lansbur for Onomah and Hourihane as others have said. Im also concerned Davis looks like he needs a bit of downtime and we dont appear to be managing Whelan at all, although we dont have ready made replacements for either which is worrying

Anyway, Im thinking routine 2-0 win and no troubles

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 04:14:58 PM »
3-0 to the mighty Villa.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 04:51:37 PM »
At risk of disrupting the points juggernaut I would really like to see him freshen it up a bit. Grealish and Lansbur for Onomah and Hourihane as others have said. Im also concerned Davis looks like he needs a bit of downtime and we dont appear to be managing Whelan at all, although we dont have ready made replacements for either which is worrying

I accept it took a lot of people a while to appreciate Whelans contribution to the team. You still don't rate him though?

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 04:55:39 PM »
Win. 3_0

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 05:11:59 PM »
Got to win these sort of games if we are going to make the top 2.  2-1 villa win.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 05:19:54 PM »
Home win with minimal fuss.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »
Lansbury and Grealish to come in for Hourihane and Onomah. Give them a rest as they looked jaded. RHM and Gabby both on the bench as well as Davis could do with some time out.

Them pair would let us switch to a more conventional 442, with the pace to really expose Millwall later on.

He needs to start to switch it up. A couple of the lads definitely look bagged. Especially Keinan. My concern is that he’s afraid of doing that and upsetting the chemistry in the team. But that’s what a squad is for and it should be our competitive advantage versus the majority of the division. The last thing we need is a MON style collapse in March because we overused certain players.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 05:25:53 PM »

I accept it took a lot of people a while to appreciate Whelans contribution to the team. You still don't rate him though?

I think he was saying we haven't been able to rest Whelan (or Davis) as opposed to him not being very good.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:17 PM »
6-0 Villa.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
I think he was saying we haven't been able to rest Whelan (or Davis) as opposed to him not being very good.

By the time Saturday rolls around, it will have been almost 8 days since their last competitive game so surely they will be rested by then ? Or do you suspect they are carrying minor injuries ?

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »

Fair enough.I wasn't quite sure what he meant by "managing" him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal