Off Topic > Sports Arena

PyeongChang 2018

(1/23) > >>

Comrade Blitz:
65 days to go.

The World Cup Biathlon season started this past week and there appear to be loads of Russians now on the (South) Korean biathlon team.

There's more as well:
"Don't be surprised when a blond haired, blue-eyed Westerner races for South Korea at the upcoming Winter Olympics."

http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Sports/view?articleId=143973

Let the shite begin!

cdbearsfan:
Russia banned.

Quite like the Winter Olympics, hopefully some of the better events will be at the weekend as the timezone isn't great for us.

Intend to watch the skellington and curling in the hope of seeing some British medallists and the bobsleigh, ski cross and snowboard cross and speedskating for general interest (not sure if we are likely to win medals in any of this). Won't be watching the ice skating as it is shite.

paul_e:

--- Quote from: cdbullyweefan on December 05, 2017, 07:03:18 PM ---Russia banned.

Quite like the Winter Olympics, hopefully some of the better events will be at the weekend as the timezone isn't great for us.

Intend to watch the skellington and curling in the hope of seeing some British medallists and the bobsleigh, ski cross and snowboard cross and speedskating for general interest (not sure if we are likely to win medals in any of this). Won't be watching the ice skating as it is shite.

--- End quote ---

Speedskating (women) is one of our better medal chances with Elise Christie, she'll be very disappointed if she's not in the mix for a medal I'd think.

UK Redsox:
Surprisingly, Putin will not block eligible athletes competing under the Olympic flag

UK Redsox:

--- Quote from: cdbullyweefan on December 05, 2017, 07:03:18 PM ---Russia banned.

--- End quote ---

I'll watch the hurtlingdownandaroundiceandsnow events and the hockey but will avoid the ice skating (non-speed variety). As I've covered before, I don't think that such events should be in the main Olympics. There should be a separate Competitive Arts Olympics for that kind on thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version