collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:20:06 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by Steve67
[Today at 09:19:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:17:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:17:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 09:17:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:17:05 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:15:59 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 09:15:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Do you come from Aston?  (Read 6456 times)

Offline wally58

Re: Do you come from Aston?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 07:26:01 PM »
I was born in Erdington, at the age of 6 we moved to Nechells and went to Elliott Street school. moved again to Castle Vale at 11 then about 12 years ago moved back to Erdington. My wife lived in Park Road, Aston and later she moved to Castle Vale Comprehensive where Bill Barnett was the headmaster who she told me would not let German be taught as one of the language subjects.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 09:09:27 PM »
I was born at Heathfield road Maternity Hospital - so i reckon thats pretty close to Villa's birthplace (which of course wasn't Aston)
My mum was bought up in Village Road - a goalkick from the Witton Lane stand (and worked at F&P Birch Road during the war) Dad came from Gnosall (Shrops) and after the war met/married my mom & settled in Brum (Dulwich Grove). Thats when he started with Villa - and I started 12 years later
On the back of a pools win in 1958, he bought a house in Great Barr (just round the  corner from Frank Moss's newsagents).  I also went to KEGS Aston - same class/year as Les Ross - though my first glimpse of Villa Park was through a bed room window from Aston Hall on a  school visit from Dulwich rd Primary

The pools win?  £3285 - that was enough to move to Gt Barr in those days...LOL

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 11:30:50 PM »
I had a girlfriend that lived on Witton Lane opposite the turnstiles. She had the downstairs front room, just twenty yards from the ground. We expressed our love physically in that very room. Dear Norris, is this a record?

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 02:11:59 AM »
I had a girlfriend that lived on Witton Lane opposite the turnstiles. She had the downstairs front room, just twenty yards from the ground. We expressed our love physically in that very room. Dear Norris, is this a record?

Did you sell tickets ? And pies at half-time?

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 08:40:58 PM »

Wrong thread. This is come from Aston not come in.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 08:46:22 PM »

Wrong thread. This is come from Aston not come in.

Hahaha!

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 09:04:28 PM »
As I've mentioned on here so many times that it is boring, my old man was born in Manor Road, Witton, it's no wonder we are Villa.  The last match I attended was the home defeat to Watford the season we were relegated.  That day I was with my son and his two sons, it was both poignant and moving when I took them and showed them where their great grandfather was born.  My son had seen the place many times.  I say the place, the actual house hasn't existed for many, many years but I remember it well.

I worked at Salisbury Transmission/GKN Axles/Dana so I was never far away from the Villa, always in sight of the floodlights.

Offline cdward

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 09:50:03 PM »
I was born in Erdington, Neville Road, and you could hear the roar from VP in the street when Villa scored in the early 70s.
Went to KEGS Aston school in Frederick Road, the school sports/playing fields were in Trinity Road.  Then went to Handsworth and Erdington Technical College which was in Whitehead Road in Aston. I always wondered why it was called Handsworth and Erdington TC when it was in Aston.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:59:13 PM by cdward »

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »
Erdington was part of Aston until 1894. So as an Erdington boy I am also an Astonian.

My heart belongs to the Villa anyway.

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »
I like subject matters like this as it gives me the opportunity to once again brag about being born and raised ( for the first 7 years of my life (1957- 1964) in Villa Road just up from Villa Cross so technically speaking, in Handsworth. 

My Mom's family lived in Villa Road around that time.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:15 PM »
When I was young I wished to all that I did, and lied to all that I did, but I didn't.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
As I've mentioned on here so many times that it is boring, my old man was born in Manor Road, Witton, it's no wonder we are Villa.  The last match I attended was the home defeat to Watford the season we were relegated.  That day I was with my son and his two sons, it was both poignant and moving when I took them and showed them where their great grandfather was born.  My son had seen the place many times.  I say the place, the actual house hasn't existed for many, many years but I remember it well.

I worked at Salisbury Transmission/GKN Axles/Dana so I was never far away from the Villa, always in sight of the floodlights.

I worked at Dana 1996-1998, a Plant Accountant...

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 02:57:03 PM »
I like subject matters like this as it gives me the opportunity to once again brag about being born and raised ( for the first 7 years of my life (1957- 1964) in Villa Road just up from Villa Cross so technically speaking, in Handsworth. 

My Mom's family lived in Villa Road around that time.

Just checked, it was Park Road, off Villa Road.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:13 PM »

Did they manufacture all kinds of everything?

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »

Did they manufacture all kinds of everything?

Snowdrops and daffodils
Butterflies and bees
Sailboats and fishermen
Things of the sea
Wishing-wells
Wedding bells
Early morning dew
All kinds of everything remind me of you
Seagulls and aeroplanes
Things of the sky
Winds that go howlin'
Breezes that sigh
City sights
Neon lights
Grey skies or blue
All kinds of everything remind me of you
Summertime
Wintertime
Spring and autumn too
Monday
Tuesday every day
I think of you.
Dances
Romances
Things of the night
Sunshine and holidays
Postcards to write
Budding trees
Autumn leaves
A snowflake or two
All kinds of everything remind me of you.
Summertime
Wintertime
Spring and autumn too
Seasons will never change
The way that I love you.
Dances
Romances
Things of the night
Sunshine and holidays
Postcards to write
Budding trees
Autumn leaves
A snowflake or two

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal