collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread  (Read 16185 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Ipswich Town Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 05:57:04 PM »
Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil, Alan Brazil. Your boys took one hell of a beating from the club that won the 1981 league championship.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 05:57:24 PM »
I thought we were very good. Other than the disallowed goal, they didn't look like scoring, it was very comfortable. I'm not sure why he left Samba out but otherwise, can't complain at all. Another mention for Whelan, he was great.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 06:07:41 PM »
I thought we were very good. Other than the disallowed goal, they didn't look like scoring, it was very comfortable.

They had a few chances including first half, the great header that just missed the right side upright and second half a header from 3 yards that their player managed to head over the bar when it was easier to score. Fail to take your chances and you get punished as they found out today.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »
An unspectacular win. Albert, Snoddy and Whelan were the outstanding players for me. Onomah is not contributing enough right now and I'd prefer to see Jack or Callum in his place.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 06:15:36 PM »
An unspectacular win. Albert, Snoddy and Whelan were the outstanding players for me. Onomah is not contributing enough right now and I'd prefer to see Jack or Callum in his place.

I think Onomah is really important to the side, and we've noticeably been better with him in the side. He also scored in the last game!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2017, 06:16:23 PM »
I thought we were very good. Other than the disallowed goal, they didn't look like scoring, it was very comfortable.

They had a few chances including first half, the great header that just missed the right side upright and second half a header from 3 yards that their player managed to head over the bar when it was easier to score. Fail to take your chances and you get punished as they found out today.

But over the whole 90 minutes, it was very comfortable.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »
A word about Davis.
A 19 year old rookie who leads the line like that is fantastic. His work rate, effort and understanding of the game is exceptional. This is A 19 YEAR OLD ROOKIE remember.
Goals might be missing right now, but if he plays like he did today, and others chip in with the goals, then we can live with that.

Bert, Davis and Onomah were outstanding today.
Samba was solid, but bloody hell, he has all the finesse of a JCB.

For me, the only negative was Hourihane. A lot of passes went astray that I would expect him to be better with. That said, his work rate was top notch.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2017, 06:24:51 PM »
Shoeperb

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2017, 06:25:25 PM »
A word about Davis.
A 19 year old rookie who leads the line like that is fantastic. His work rate, effort and understanding of the game is exceptional. This is A 19 YEAR OLD ROOKIE remember.
Goals might be missing right now, but if he plays like he did today, and others chip in with the goals, then we can live with that.

Bert, Davis and Onomah were outstanding today.
Samba was solid, but bloody hell, he has all the finesse of a JCB.

For me, the only negative was Hourihane. A lot of passes went astray that I would expect him to be better with. That said, his work rate was top notch.
Agree and I thought that about Hourihane on Tuesday, he is being asked to play as a more covering defensive player and it shows. Full credit for working for the team though.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2017, 06:26:25 PM »
Well a better win than recent nail biters. Not been his fan but today I thought Whelan shades it for MotM just ahead of Davis, Hutton and Snoddy.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2017, 06:26:30 PM »

Disagree, Onomah had a good game. Driving forward from midfield. Midfield clicked today.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2017, 06:30:01 PM »

But over the whole 90 minutes, it was very comfortable.

There wasn't much in it, first half. Once we got the second we could relax a bit. They made us work hard for the full 90 minutes, we weren't any where near our best, far from it but we showed maturity, fight and confidence. That was comforting. Without playing well we picked up all the points and that's what now, 9 wins from 11? Not bad for a team not playing to their full potential.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »
Good:
Albert
Onomah
Snodgrass
Hutton
Whelen

Not so good:
Taylor

Very comfortable. Onwards and upwards.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2017, 06:35:05 PM »
It was a comfortable and well-earned win. Apart from the corners which were nearly all on our left, they offered very little.

I'm not usually a great Whelan fan, but he was excellent today and the Adomah-Adama exchange looks better every week.

We could have been more expansive in the last few minutes and boosted the goal difference,  but 3 wins in a week is a very good return.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2017, 07:18:05 PM »
Other than their disallowed goal they didn't really have much to offer. Comfortable win and a good, hard-working performance from us all round. Would have been nice to see Keinan get a goal - he works so hard as a lone striker, especially for a 'rookie'. Thought Onomah showed some great touches too. Good to see the good Dr T going round the pitch before the game and shaking fans' hands/having selfies taken. Nice touch

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal