collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park  (Read 56785 times)

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
Re: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2018, 12:04:36 PM »
I love my music and am open minded, prepared to give anything a try but heavy metal does absolutely nothing very little for me. Also, Ozzy Osbourne's singing voice is fucking horrible.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2018, 12:23:27 PM »
Are there no U2 songs we could come out to?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2018, 12:28:08 PM »
Are there no U2 songs we could come out to?

Good point.  Or something by Coldplay.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2018, 12:32:11 PM »
Not a bad shout. How about Yellow and we can replace the word Yellow with Villa.

But U2 would be my preference.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
Coldplay was used a few years back in the build up.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #320 on: February 19, 2018, 12:43:39 PM »
I’d rather we just walked out onto the pitch with the sound of the fans cheering.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:57 PM »
I’d rather we just walked out onto the pitch with the sound of the fans cheering.

Welcome to 1874....

I agree but the chances are becoming slimmer all the time. People seem to want a manufactured atmosphere these days.

And as for song choices, they need to be something quite popular so that there is more chance of more people knowing the tune and joining in, hence DLBIA. All this choose a Birmingham band stuff is nonsense, as it doesn't matter one jot.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #322 on: February 19, 2018, 01:33:42 PM »

Welcome to 1874....

I agree but the chances are becoming slimmer all the time. People seem to want a manufactured atmosphere these days.

And as for song choices, they need to be something quite popular so that there is more chance of more people knowing the tune and joining in, hence DLBIA. All this choose a Birmingham band stuff is nonsense, as it doesn't matter one jot.

It’s not a massive deal but at the end of the Small Heath game I’d have rather heard the fans cheering the team and taking the piss out of the Noses rather than hearing an Oasis song blasted out loud. I think we lose a lot of atmosphere when it’s drowned out by mind numbing loud music. It’s so fake.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2018, 01:35:59 PM »
When did this thread change from post match tune to walkout tune?

I've still got a vinyl version of Ricki Disoni's Hey Aston Villa at home, which I will be happy to record onto a cassette for the club to play as the players walk out. I don't care what they play at the end of games, I'm usually rushing to get out

Offline Damo70

« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »
Maybe next time we have a rainbow laces anti homophobia day we can give Tom Robinson's Glad To Be Gay a play and see if that goes down well enough (no pun intended) to be a keeper.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2018, 01:49:27 PM »
Maybe next time we have a rainbow laces anti homophobia day we can give Tom Robinson's Glad To Be Gay a play and see if that goes down well enough (no pun intended) to be a keeper.

I endorse this.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #326 on: February 19, 2018, 01:51:41 PM »

Welcome to 1874....

It’s not a massive deal but at the end of the Small Heath game I’d have rather heard the fans cheering the team and taking the piss out of the Noses rather than hearing an Oasis song blasted out loud. I think we lose a lot of atmosphere when it’s drowned out by mind numbing loud music. It’s so fake.
I don't think 10,000 people singing along to a song they enjoy and that appears to mean something to them is fake.  If nobody responded, they wouldn't play it any more.

This doesn't look fake to me:

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #327 on: February 19, 2018, 01:58:26 PM »

That would be excellent.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #328 on: February 19, 2018, 04:41:40 PM »

Welcome to 1874....

I don't think 10,000 people singing along to a song they enjoy and that appears to mean something to them is fake.  If nobody responded, they wouldn't play it any more.

This doesn't look fake to me:

There's nothing fake about it. And I'll be delighted to watch videos of our fans singing it at the end of tomorrow night also. And every game I hope from this point on. It means one thing only come May.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #329 on: February 19, 2018, 05:22:32 PM »
Heavy Metal, is, shit.

Amusing thing about this debate is people would be surprised by some of the bands that are listed or defined under the Heavy Metal genre that Sabbath pretty much started.

Sure there's quite a few listed here that many would like and never in a million years class as Heavy Metal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heavy_metal_bands

I quite like a fair bit of stuff by both but Hanoi Rocks and Killing Joke as heavy metal is a bit of a stretch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal