collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 11:27:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 11:24:55 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 11:21:58 AM]

Re: Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:06:24 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park  (Read 57231 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park
« Reply #360 on: February 20, 2018, 10:26:10 AM »
Apart from Dallas. That was ace.

...and Beverly Hills 90210

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #361 on: February 20, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »
Dallas. The lovely Victoria Principle made up for any of that nonsense.

She was no Charlene Tilton

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #362 on: February 20, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »
So that's settled then, the new post-match music at Villa Park will be the Theme from Dallas

altogether now...

Offline Damo70

« Reply #363 on: February 20, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »
Dallas. The lovely Victoria Principle made up for any of that nonsense.

She was no Charlene Tilton

'Sly', JR's secretary was the hottest woman in Dallas.

As for soaps I am quite a fan of Emmerdale and Corrie but ignore the rest.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #364 on: February 20, 2018, 12:39:58 PM »
If nothing else but to wrestle back control of the subject matter I have always thought the Crossroads theme as done by Paul McCartney and Wings would make a good intro or outro on par perhaps with the theme from Z Cars as used by Everton. Noele Gordon was a Villa fan as well (As is Mrs Doyle of Father Ted fame but you probably knew that already)

Just realised that most of the terms of reference I’ve used will be completely unknown to many readers. Getting old is really quite an unpleasant experience.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #365 on: February 20, 2018, 12:42:39 PM »
Didn't they only used to play the Wings version after a disaster at the motel?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #366 on: February 20, 2018, 12:50:48 PM »
If nothing else but to wrestle back control of the subject matter I have always thought the Crossroads theme as done by Paul McCartney and Wings would make a good intro or outro on par perhaps with the theme from Z Cars as used by Everton. Noele Gordon was a Villa fan as well (As is Mrs Doyle of Father Ted fame but you probably knew that already)

Just realised that most of the terms of reference I’ve used will be completely unknown to many readers. Getting old is really quite an unpleasant experience.

To take off at a tangent again, I watched Endavour the Morse prequel for the first time the other night and it featured a Crossroads Motel in the village of Kings Oak. The programme was not much to write home about but that bit did make me chuckle.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #367 on: February 20, 2018, 01:59:21 PM »

To take off at a tangent again, I watched Endavour the Morse prequel for the first time the other night and it featured a Crossroads Motel in the village of Kings Oak. The programme was not much to write home about but that bit did make me chuckle.

I was watching that Chris but fell asleep - tell me, who was murdering the women and nicking their shoes- was it the weird 'railway enthusiast' ( in no way am I inferring that those with a predilection for all things train related are weird).

I did see the homage to the Crossroads Motel- half expected to see Benny bounding in with ' I've put your car away Miss Diane'

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #368 on: February 20, 2018, 02:12:37 PM »

I was watching that Chris but fell asleep - tell me, who was murdering the women and nicking their shoes- was it the weird 'railway enthusiast' ( in no way am I inferring that those with a predilection for all things train related are weird).

I did see the homage to the Crossroads Motel- half expected to see Benny bounding in with ' I've put your car away Miss Diane'

I dozed as well, Virgil, but as you guessed it was the trainspotter.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #369 on: February 20, 2018, 03:11:07 PM »
If Heavy Metal is shit. And the Blues are shit. And shit is shit.

Are Blues Heavy Metal Shit?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #370 on: February 20, 2018, 05:37:48 PM »
The Blues are shit.

Blues isn't. If you listen to a Blues rift on guitar and don't feel like playing one, you're probably a serial killer who enjoys torturing small animals. You sick bugger. What's wrong with you?

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #371 on: February 21, 2018, 11:11:20 AM »
Meh - it's a hobby

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #372 on: February 21, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
The Blues are shit.

Blues isn't. If you listen to a Blues rift on guitar and don't feel like playing one, you're probably a serial killer who enjoys torturing small animals. You sick bugger. What's wrong with you?

A Blues rift? Is that like Blues CEO Xuandong Ren falling out with transfer consultant Darren Dein?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »
So that's settled then, the new post-match music at Villa Park will be the Theme from Dallas

altogether now...

Am I imagining it, going insane, or did we really play the Dallas theme before the match for a time?

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2018, 10:51:10 PM »
Our win in the recent local derby game was so crying out for a loud rendition of SOTC, but no, we got Oasis. Again.

If Villa are going to continue with post-match music then it should be a local group. Duran Duran's "Pressure Off" would possibly be my choice, but I'm sure others will have their own ideas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal