collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Villan82
[Today at 09:27:31 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 09:27:20 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Bad English
[Today at 09:26:04 PM]

FFP by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:25:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Mister E
[Today at 09:24:07 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:17:46 PM]

Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:16:27 PM]

Lille away ticket ( home area) by AV82EC
[Today at 08:57:46 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Villan82
[Today at 09:27:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 09:27:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 09:26:19 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:26:12 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:26:10 PM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Bad English
[Today at 09:26:04 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 09:25:21 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:25:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park  (Read 57026 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »
As someone who doesn't sit on the Holte End but as someone who was at Reading that night when DLBIA surfaced purely because Reading PA put it on,
the emotion that shone through in those 3/4 minutes was something to behold. An amazing moment, that you had to be there to appreciate it...i shed
tears of joy in those few minutes....so a massive YES from me keep it.

Is that why it surfaced?  Because it was played on the PA at Reading?!

I'm a fan of Oasis but I cringe every time it gets played at the Villa.  It's got fuck all relevance to us or the city and the sooner it goes the better.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 12:37:57 PM »
What fans spoke? I don't remember being consulted.
The 10,000 or so who sang along with it.

Are you always consulted when new songs get momentum on the Holt?

No, why would I be? You're the one who suggested that the fans decided, noone has ever decided on any song which is played over the tannoy, to my knowledge.

I've no idea why someone has chosen to impose this one on everyone.

It's a Man City song, it's embarrassing. Manchester is our rival city. We could do without adding to their vastly-inflated cultural mythos.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 12:44:51 PM »
Plenty of Villa songs such as clarey blue, Aston Villa, we’re the holte end   Okay not to everyone’s taste but they are Villa songs.   Hate the oasis song simply a throw back to reading last season

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 12:45:43 PM »
What fans spoke? I don't remember being consulted.
The 10,000 or so who sang along with it.

Are you always consulted when new songs get momentum on the Holt?

No, why would I be? You're the one who suggested that the fans decided, noone has ever decided on any song which is played over the tannoy, to my knowledge.

I've no idea why someone has chosen to impose this one on everyone.

It's a Man City song, it's embarrassing. Manchester is our rival city. We could do without adding to their vastly-inflated cultural mythos.
The fans chose it by getting behind it.  Is it really that hard to grasp?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »
I wasn't at Reading but it has become a bit of a promotion type anthem (if that's the right phrase) every time we win. I'm not overly keen on it but a lot of people like it so I don't see any harm in it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 12:50:49 PM »
They "get behind it" because it is pumped over the tannoy. And the vast majority don't join in, anyway. We don't need music pumped over the tannoy. Let fans choose what they want to sign of their own accord, rather than this enforced Manc karaoke.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 12:59:53 PM »
They "get behind it" because it is pumped over the tannoy. And the vast majority don't join in, anyway. We don't need music pumped over the tannoy. Let fans choose what they want to sign of their own accord, rather than this enforced Manc karaoke.
They got behind it in a big way last year.  It seemed relevant and appropriate and captured a moment in time.  It still seems appropriate and well supported to me and probably will be so until at least the end of the season.  The time to stop it is when the fans don't react well to it in decent numbers.  Not because a miserable fucker on an internet forum doesn't like it.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 01:04:19 PM »
Like every song out there, some people will join in  and others won't. For me personally it means something about my team at a certain moment in time. I join in and will continue to do so for as long as it's played. Even after its run its course and is no longer played publicly at Villa Park, it will continue to be part of my reportoire of Villa songs that I sing along with my Villa supporting family and friends.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
They got behind it in a big way last year.  It seemed relevant and appropriate and captured a moment in time.  It still seems appropriate and well supported to me and probably will be so until at least the end of the season.  The time to stop it is when the fans don't react well to it in decent numbers.  Not because a miserable fucker on an internet forum doesn't like it.

This ‘moment in time’ moment has long gone so move on I say to something more appropriate for the club and the region we belong to.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 01:21:14 PM »

If the fans got behind it, they'd sing it at away games, too. Not just when it is pumped in to the stadium.

The vast majority don't join in, and it quells attempts to sing something more relevant after a Villa win. I have happy memories of leaving Villa Park singing Villa songs, not some Manc song that has nothing to do with us.

Are all the vast majority who don't join in "miserable fuckers", too?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 01:31:06 PM »
It does tend to go down well at the end of home games. It doesn't do anything for me personally but if you don't like it, dont's sing it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
I don't like it. I'd rather fans were given the opportunity to sing whatever comes into their heads, spontaneously, rather than having this inflicted on us and making it impossible for any other chant to start, naturally, of its own accord.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 01:35:26 PM »
On the bright side, at least we got rid of that fucking drum. 😊

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 01:41:12 PM »
I scarper the moment that the final whistle is blown.

Playing that Oasis dirge over the tannoy just makes me want to get out of there quicker.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 01:51:48 PM »
It could be worse. It could be the cover of Heroes Noel Gallagher did.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal