collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park  (Read 57229 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: A New Post Match Song At Villa Park
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »
Plenty of decent local Metal songs we could use.

Kingdom of Madness - Magnum

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2017, 04:23:57 PM »
Animal - Def Leppard.  I'll get my coat.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2017, 10:42:46 PM »
Sweet Caroline. People can clap and sing along with random arm waving. I meant post this about 2 weeks ago!

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2017, 11:28:23 PM »
They "get behind it" because it is pumped over the tannoy. And the vast majority don't join in, anyway. We don't need music pumped over the tannoy. Let fans choose what they want to sign of their own accord, rather than this enforced Manc karaoke.
They got behind it in a big way last year.  It seemed relevant and appropriate and captured a moment in time.  It still seems appropriate and well supported to me and probably will be so until at least the end of the season.  The time to stop it is when the fans don't react well to it in decent numbers.  Not because a miserable fucker on an internet forum doesn't like it.

This ‘moment in time’ moment has long gone so move on I say to something more appropriate for the club and the region we belong to.
Agree with this, it served it's purpose, has nothing to do with our club or region, Manchester is so far up it's own arse
I don't want to inflate their ego further. The Vamps lead singer is a Brummie ( Villain ? ) do they have a song we can use? Failing that then it's good old Hi Ho Aston Villa for me. Please

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2017, 11:32:13 PM »
1. Local
2. Apt
3. Catchy

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Heartache Avenue by the Maisonettes.

Thank me later folks

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »
Sweet Caroline. People can clap and sing along with random arm waving. I meant post this about 2 weeks ago!

I remember that being played in Silverspoons before the 2010 league cup final & it was the first time that day I felt like we were going to a cup final. Its fun & I wanted it to be our song from then.

I was fine with DLBIA for a while but I do think the moment has gone now. It felt uplifting for a while when it started up at the final whistle, but now it feels a bit downbeat to me & I find myself wanting Hi Ho Silver Lining back. I like the whistling song when we've not won though - just the right level of wistfulness.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »

I remember that being played in Silverspoons before the 2010 league cup final & it was the first time that day I felt like we were going to a cup final. Its fun & I wanted it to be our song from then.

I was fine with DLBIA for a while but I do think the moment has gone now. It felt uplifting for a while when it started up at the final whistle, but now it feels a bit downbeat to me & I find myself wanting Hi Ho Silver Lining back. I like the whistling song when we've not won though - just the right level of wistfulness.

I love that song but because it was introduced during one of the worst periods in the club's history it just reeks of failure now for me.

I'd be up having Hi Ho Silver Lining back, even though I do think of it more as a Wolves song.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »
I know exactly what you mean - thats why it feels right when we haven't won!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2017, 02:30:19 PM »

I love that song but because it was introduced during one of the worst periods in the club's history it just reeks of failure now for me.

I'd be up having Hi Ho Silver Lining back, even though I do think of it more as a Wolves song.

i associate it as something we hear at Wembley after a win. But since we played them a few weeks ago i think of it as a Wednesday song. They sing the whole song, not just the chorus part, and they sang it unprompted a couple of times during the game. Very loudly.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2017, 08:34:42 PM »
I think we need to do better than use a song already popular or associated with other clubs. It’s bad enough recycling others’ terrace chants (see John Terry/James Chester effort), so a bit more originality is needed when choosing a new post match song.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2017, 12:17:09 PM »
I think we need to do better than use a song already popular or associated with other clubs. It’s bad enough recycling others’ terrace chants (see John Terry/James Chester effort), so a bit more originality is needed when choosing a new post match song.

Exactly why I like the Gary Nock song - specifically Villa, written by a Villa fan.  Just a shame we were so crap when he wrote it!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »
It was awesome after the final whistle yesterday.  DLBIA still feels right to me.

&app=desktop

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2018, 12:13:53 PM »
It came about spontaneously, it suggests that we're moving forward and forgetting the recent troubles. It seems to fit, and every fucker knows it which helps.

Keep it.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2018, 12:34:15 PM »
Keep it until the end of this season then get rid.

It only fits with this season.

I don't like the song but there is an argument for it for this season only because of the context and whatnot.

Then consider something else.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2018, 12:50:39 PM »
I'm not a massive fan of it but it sounded bloody fantastic yesterday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal