collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Fox interview in The Independent  (Read 7844 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Tom Fox interview in The Independent
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2017, 03:26:13 PM »
“It was a difficult environment for anyone to come into. I still think Remi Garde will find his way into the Premier League. He’s got too much knowledge and experience not to.”

Absolutely no chance at all, the guy just hasn't got the right personality, he's the main one I blame for the relegation, he was hopeless.

Was he bollocks. He was a very nice and reasoned chap who picked up on the dressing room shit and wanted it culled within half an hour of arriving.
And then was not backed, in fact totally undermined, by the lack of support from those that employed him. Royally shafted.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »
“It was a difficult environment for anyone to come into. I still think Remi Garde will find his way into the Premier League. He’s got too much knowledge and experience not to.”

Absolutely no chance at all, the guy just hasn't got the right personality, he's the main one I blame for the relegation, he was hopeless.

Was he bollocks. He was a very nice and reasoned chap who picked up on the dressing room shit and wanted it culled within half an hour of arriving.
And then was not backed, in fact totally undermined, by the lack of support from those that employed him. Royally shafted.

i.e. Fox
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:08:39 PM by West Derby Villan »

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2017, 11:59:20 PM »
Top 10 Charlatans of the Lerner Era
1 Randy I was not quite as bad as Doug
2 Martin shyster Oniel
3 Tom Fox
4 Paul Lambert
5 Gabby
6. Zogbia
7 Micah
8 Black
9 Faulkner
10 Lescott
Have I left any one out?

Great list, did Randy appoint Paul Faulkner ? If so can you make it a top 11. Completely out of his depth as a CEO at our club and helped our decline with his input into management appointments

Offline Damo70

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2017, 12:44:55 AM »
2 Martin shyster Oniel
3 Tom Fox
4 Paul Lambert
5 Gabby
6. Zogbia
7 Micah
8 Black
9 Faulkner
10 Lescott
Have I left any one out?

Great list, did Randy appoint Paul Faulkner ? If so can you make it a top 11. Completely out of his depth as a CEO at our club and helped our decline with his input into management appointments

I wouldn't have MON on that list as he gave us top six finishes and can't be blamed for us being relegated five years and six managers later. And Lerner was far worse than Doug in my opinion. Lerner deserted the sinking ship. Doug took us down but appointed SGT to bring us back up and BFR to win a trophy.

Offline stuart445

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2017, 09:21:38 AM »
2 Martin shyster Oniel
3 Tom Fox
4 Paul Lambert
5 Gabby
6. Zogbia
7 Micah
8 Black
9 Faulkner
10 Lescott
Have I left any one out?

I wouldn't have MON on that list as he gave us top six finishes and can't be blamed for us being relegated five years and six managers later. And Lerner was far worse than Doug in my opinion. Lerner deserted the sinking ship. Doug took us down but appointed SGT to bring us back up and BFR to win a trophy.

Let's not forget about how we got on the path to relegation.  O'Neil and Lerner both played equal roles in putting us on the road to where we find ourselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal