collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 17003 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: QPR v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
Well that was a turn up, after pissing around with a duff AVTV and then finding us go a goal down I gave up and fell asleep. Woke to find us 2-1,  wonder if I'm just dreaming....

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2017, 05:34:30 PM »
For me the best win of the season. We’ve had a tough time with injuries. We came off a defeat and then a very bad goal conceded early on. But the team didn’t fold. We kept  coming at them until we got the deserved equalizer. We made QPR look a poor side. They had a good home record coming into this game. This will give everyone a massive lift. Well done to all concerned and to the manger for sending the side out with such a positive mindset.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
I'd written this one off due to injuries chicken-shit that I am.  I know nothing.  Very happy to find out that we'd won coming from behind.  Well done to all concerned, looking forward to a few pints tonight, they always taste better after a Villa win.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2017, 05:37:46 PM »
6 points in the next two games, which should be achievable, and we really start to cement our place in the top 6, putting pressure on the top 2.*

*Yes. I know I said that before the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
Brilliant result.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2017, 05:39:59 PM »
After predicting a 0-2 shafting, I am delighted to be proven a complete fuckwit at forecasting. I am very happy for the travelling fans who got to see us come from behind to take 3 points. Hail the mighty Villa and our tuberous talent-tickler in the technical area!

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2017, 05:46:58 PM »
Not seen or heard the game; but my instinct think the Kodjia injury could be a blessing.

He’s not looked as sharp this season with his injury and think Bruce has been trying to force him and Davis in the same side to get to a 442

Davis breakthrough was the Norwich home game where we played with 3 in the middle and Hourihane getting close to him which made it work.  Don’t think we have 2 players good enough to play with a 2 in the middle so the extra man who can be box to box seems to be more successful

Online Taylor

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »
Thought that was gonna be a nailed on home win. I'm so happy to be proved wrong. I didn't even worry too much with 5 minutes to go either.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »
Player ratings today ?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2017, 05:58:26 PM »
This is beginning to follow the same trend with a Bruce team in the Championship....promotion, which he's achieved 4 times before.  For all the stick he gets the end result is usually promotion.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 06:02:53 PM »
"We’ve come so far in a short space of time. It feels a bit like déjà vu. They beat us here by a goal here last season but I think we’re a much better side now.

"You expect them to be up there. I thought we gave them a good run for their money; on another day, the odd decision here or there.

"It’s fine margins at this level. That was two good teams out there and we were one of them."

Some bitter musings from our old adversary Holloway. 

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
"We’ve come so far in a short space of time. It feels a bit like déjà vu. They beat us here by a goal here last season but I think we’re a much better side now.

"You expect them to be up there. I thought we gave them a good run for their money; on another day, the odd decision here or there.

"It’s fine margins at this level. That was two good teams out there and we were one of them."

Had forgotten the extra joy of beating him...

That said his prediction last year that got him a load of stick was quite accurate. Small margins indeed.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »

Had forgotten the extra joy of beating him...

That said his prediction last year that got him a load of stick was quite accurate. Small margins indeed.

Thought he expected us to be relegated.  Never understood why people liked him - the football equivalent of Nigel Farage.  Don't know why, he just is. 

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »
Not seen or heard the game; but my instinct think the Kodjia injury could be a blessing.

He’s not looked as sharp this season with his injury and think Bruce has been trying to force him and Davis in the same side to get to a 442

Davis breakthrough was the Norwich home game where we played with 3 in the middle and Hourihane getting close to him which made it work.  Don’t think we have 2 players good enough to play with a 2 in the middle so the extra man who can be box to box seems to be more successful

Hmmmm, not sure about that.
Our upturn in form and charge up the table coincided with the return of Kodge and scoring or not, he carries a huge threat for us.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
For me the best win of the season. We’ve had a tough time with injuries. We came off a defeat and then a very bad goal conceded early on. But the team didn’t fold. We kept  coming at them until we got the deserved equalizer. We made QPR look a poor side. They had a good home record coming into this game. This will give everyone a massive lift. Well done to all concerned and to the manger for sending the side out with such a positive mindset.

It's great, isn't it?  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal