collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa Pre Match Thread  (Read 9504 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa Pre Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 02:51:23 PM »
I guess Terry won't mind too much missing this, the personal abuse would likely be off the scale.

I work with a QPR fan and they absolutely loathe Chelsea and Terry. He said when Terry was being linked with Small Heath, the prospect of him and Redknapp both returning to QPR together would've been something else for their fans.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
I guess Terry won't mind too much missing this, the personal abuse would likely be off the scale.
I think he thrives off abuse.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
Think a draw at best. No Terry is going to be a big problem for us and I just hope Bruce can get the team back to winning ways on a consistent level. Trouble is I am not confident he can.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 05:22:56 PM »
Ps don’t forget to give Stan Bowles abuse

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 05:30:41 PM »

Like he got against Fulham?

Online mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 06:20:07 PM »
We'll win this 1-1

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 08:35:05 PM »
wittonwarrior

even if you give stan bowles abuse I doubt he will remember as he has alzheimers

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
Away win. To nil.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 10:51:42 PM »
We'll win.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 10:54:08 PM »

Easier to be brave at home in front of away fans even if they have a history of not liking you. Memories of the Ferdinand incident amongst the home crowd coupled with it being a small, tight ground would make it one of his more hostile appearances I'd have thought.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »

Easier to be brave at home in front of away fans even if they have a history of not liking you. Memories of the Ferdinand incident amongst the home crowd coupled with it being a small, tight ground would make it one of his more hostile appearances I'd have thought.

He'd probably enjoy it.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »
Yeah, the sick pup.

Online manic-road

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 07:01:49 AM »
1-1, it will be interesting to see how we shape up at the back without Terry.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 09:19:05 AM »
Express and Star

Just how relaxing an international break can ever be for Villa’s manager is open to debate, particularly when a number of players key to his team’s promotion ambitions have been plying their trade in various corners of the globe.

Yet in addition to keeping tabs on the likes of Jonathan Kodjia and Mile Jedinak, the chief focus for Bruce ahead of tomorrow’s trip to QPR will have been how best to tackle one of the more frustrating trends of Villa’s campaign so far, namely their tendency to flounder in games immediately following an international break.

September’s 0-0 draw with Brentford and last month’s 2-0 derby defeat at Wolves were arguably their two poorest performances of the season.

The positive spin is that Villa have tended to improve markedly as the month has progressed but that does not satisfy Bruce, particularly when is team head to London eager to rebound from a disappointing 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday last time out.

Against both Brentford and Wolves, Bruce made minimal changes to his starting line-up though that could change tomorrow. John Terry’s broken metatarsal means Villa will be forced into a reshuffle at the back, with Chris Samba the favourite to replace the injured skipper in the heart of defence.

Bruce is also likely to hand a recall to Josh Onomah should the Tottenham loanee have sufficiently recovered from the groin problem which forced him to miss the defeat to the Owls.

Onomah had sparkled in wins over Fulham and Preston and Villa sorely missed the 20-year-old’s drive and energy in the middle of the park.

A whole group of players are still being assessed, meanwhile, including Robert Snodgrass (ribs) and Kodjia (ankle).

Throw in Jedinak’s round-the-world exploits helping Australia qualify for the World Cup and it quickly becomes clear how tricky a team selection this will be for the manager.

Positives come in the return to fitness of Jack Grealish and the fact teenage star Keinan Davis remained at Bodymoor Heath and did not travel with England Under-20s.

The 19-year-old, who ended speculation over his future by signing a new deal at Villa earlier this week, has had a huge impact on the club’s season but was noticeably below-par against both Brentford and Wolves.

“Against Wolves he got nowhere near them because physically, probably, he had gone past that line,” said Bruce.

“Sometimes with a young player you have to identify when they dip, leave them out, freshen them up and then they are ready to go.”

Kodjia scored the only goal as Villa claimed a 1-0 win in this fixture last season, their first victory away to the R’s in eight attempts.

The hosts have beaten the Championship’s top two, Wolves and Sheffield United, in their last two home games.

Offline postal

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 11:24:55 AM »
Shock! David "Predictor Extraordinaire" Prutton has gone for a Villa loss.

Not sure it matters who we are playing, its always "not villa".

Not saying QPR will be an easy game.

Though generally his predictions for all teams seems a bit off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal