collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Author Topic: Evra Sacked  (Read 825 times)

Offline KRS

• international
Evra Sacked
« on: November 10, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »
Patrice Evra sacked by Marseille for his assault/kick in the head on one of their own fans.

How many other players have had their contracts terminated? If only we could do the same for some of our own players for failing to meet their contractual obligations of being professional footballers.

Online Richard E

• coach
  • GM : 06.02.2017
Re: Evra Sacked
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »
Mutu at Chelsea is the only other one I can think of.

Online PeterWithesShin

• prolific poster
  • GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:07:43 PM »
Lee Hughes and Marlon King. A bloke at Plymouth as well I think but can't remember his name.

Offline kippaxvilla2

• player manager
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 07:35:02 PM »
Luke McCormick was it the goalkeeper for that hit and run whilst drinking accident?

Offline cdbullyweefan

• prolific poster
  • I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 19.01.2017
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »
Alpay?

Offline Toronto Villa

• prolific poster
  • GM : 04.05.2016
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 12:54:03 PM »
Ched Evans?

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »
Lee Hughes and Marlon King. A bloke at Plymouth as well I think but can't remember his name.

You might have thought Lee Hughes would want to keep a low profile after what happened but he got thrown out of my mate's local a few years ago on Christmas Eve for acting like a drunken twat.

As for Luke McCormack, I used to do business with his best mate. I think they were both from Coventry. His mate reckoned despite newspapers making McCormack out to be unrepentant, the opposite was true. He was distraught at what had happened and suffered from severe depression. His mate reckoned he was a shadow of the man he was before the incident.

Offline kippaxvilla2

• player manager
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 08:45:12 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Z4gOSZVbM

Think heís fairly upset here.  God what an awful thing to have to live with.  Not sympathising with the selfish action of course.

Offline Chris Jameson

• prolific poster
  • DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 10:42:37 AM »
I have no sympathy whatsoever for anybody who gets behind the wheel of a car knowing they are over the limit, I donít understand why they are then given the opportunity to drive again.

Offline Chris Smith

• prolific poster
  • GM : 18.07.2017
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
I have no sympathy whatsoever for anybody who gets behind the wheel of a car knowing they are over the limit, I donít understand why they are then given the opportunity to drive again.

The opportunity for rehabilitation is one of the pillars of our justice system.

Offline Chris Jameson

• prolific poster
  • DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »

The opportunity for rehabilitation is one of the pillars of our justice system.

Donít get me wrong, Iím all for rehabilitation but thereís public transport. Iíve felt very strongly about it since a school friend was killed by a drunk driver with previous convictions.

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 10:20:07 AM »
McCormack was involved in the accident the following morning. He was stupid and wrong to jump in his motor after a night on the lash and a few hours sleep, but it wasn't as if he just getting into his car whilst totally pissed. Still wrong, but there are degrees of wrongness. I reckon for every person who drives a car whilst pissed there are dozens who drive whilst still under the influence from the night before.

Offline saunders_heroes

• player manager
  • GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 12:20:33 PM »
Patrice Evra sacked by Marseille for his assault/kick in the head on one of their own fans.

How many other players have had their contracts terminated? If only we could do the same for some of our own players for failing to meet their contractual obligations of being professional footballers.

I bet they wouldnít have sacked him if he was in his pomp and worth a bit of money.

Offline Dave P

• player manager
  • GM : 29.06.2016
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 12:59:31 PM »

I bet they wouldnít have sacked him if he was in his pomp and worth a bit of money.

Correct.  Just like Firmino's charge at Liverpool was swept under the carpet and bore the most irresponsible headline in a tabloid I can remember.

Offline kippaxvilla2

• player manager
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:53 PM »
McCormack was involved in the accident the following morning. He was stupid and wrong to jump in his motor after a night on the lash and a few hours sleep, but it wasn't as if he just getting into his car whilst totally pissed. Still wrong, but there are degrees of wrongness. I reckon for every person who drives a car whilst pissed there are dozens who drive whilst still under the influence from the night before.

Although he drank until 2.30 (shots included) then got in his car at 4.30am.