collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keith Wyness  (Read 141102 times)

Offline mr underhill

Re: Keith Wyness
« Reply #810 on: July 22, 2018, 01:48:25 PM »
If he was clandestinely going round trying to tap up other investors motivated in chief on the basis of keeping his gravy train job after sitting back and watching the club burn, then he deserves getting potted.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #811 on: July 22, 2018, 01:58:12 PM »
Players, managers, administration staff, chief execs and the like. In recent years we seem to have made more people disappear than the Argentinian military junta did in the 'dirty war' of the late seventies and early eighties.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #812 on: July 22, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »
Players, managers, administration staff, chief execs and the like. In recent years we seem to have made more people disappear than the Argentinian military junta did in the 'dirty war' of the late seventies and early eighties.

We've definitely made a lot of people rich.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #813 on: July 22, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
Aye, if he had such a problem with xia's plans you'd think he'd have resigned before the shit hit the fan or refused to go along with it in the first place. It may not have been his idea to gamble everything on promotion but he sat there taking the money until it was obvious to anyone with a brain it was going down the pan.  Bleating now that he's getting blamed for following orders - well a few people have used that defence before without much success

Not wanting to defend him for his contribution but why should he resign? It’s a job to him and, like most of us, he would expect paying off if the employer wishes to break the contract.

Well if your CEO of a multi-million pound business and your employer comes up with a plan that has to work or the alternative is we end up in deep financial shit because of it, then i'd expect you to query it. And if you go along with it and it fails, i wouldn't expect you to be posting about scapegoats on twitter like you weren't complicit in it from the start.  He may think he's been unfairly sacked but he agreed to work with Xia's plans so what did he expect?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #814 on: July 22, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »
To be fair if you boss gives you instructions as to how you are to do your job and you follow those orders and it goes tits up it isn't totally your fault. I suppose it depends on how much he did off his own back and how much, if at all he stood up for himself if he disagreed with the owners orders.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #815 on: July 22, 2018, 11:52:17 PM »
To be fair if you boss gives you instructions as to how you are to do your job and you follow those orders and it goes tits up it isn't totally your fault. I suppose it depends on how much he did off his own back and how much, if at all he stood up for himself if he disagreed with the owners orders.

If you're the CEO then it is your fault to a large degree because part of the job is taking on that responsibility. It's the same reason why Bruce deserves a lot of blame for wembley, if you accept the job then you accept the responsibilities that come with it. Sulking about how hard the job is or how it's not your fault is, in my opinion, just admitting that you didn't know what you were doing, be that in agreeing to take the job or in executing it. It's why I have no time for Lambert, it's why I can't stand the excuses Bruce gives and it's why I think Wyness is coming across as a tit right now.

Wyness put me off with the whole 3 teams bullshit and at it's heart that the source of the 'shit or bust' attitude the club took last year that led to him leaving, if he didn't believe in it then he should've been making it clear that it was wrong, not talking abut it like it was some revolutionary idea to not give a fuck about anything after the current season until we're promoted.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #816 on: July 22, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »
Wyness hired Bruce and backed him, he failed.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #817 on: July 23, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
Aye, if he had such a problem with xia's plans you'd think he'd have resigned before the shit hit the fan or refused to go along with it in the first place. It may not have been his idea to gamble everything on promotion but he sat there taking the money until it was obvious to anyone with a brain it was going down the pan.  Bleating now that he's getting blamed for following orders - well a few people have used that defence before without much success

They weren't Xia's plans. They were his. I would happily agree that Xia was naive and reckless. But it was that fat prick that was the architect of the plan to overspend our way up.

At least he wasn't telling fibs at the Trust AGM in March. There was a Plan B if we didn't go up. I just didn't expect it to be deliberately grind us into Administration so you can force a cheap sale to your mates and take a nice financial kick back when it happens.

In case he is feeling litigious, said Stan Collymore....

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #818 on: July 23, 2018, 07:57:32 AM »
Surely the potential admin was only because the cash from Xia dried up? Xia must have agreed to fund the project in the first place.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #819 on: July 23, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
The unanswered question is did the money dry up or was it used to fund things Xia had not approved.  I don't suppose we shall ever know.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #820 on: July 23, 2018, 08:15:15 AM »
Surely the potential admin was only because the cash from Xia dried up? Xia must have agreed to fund the project in the first place.

Yes. But it was Wyness' plan on how we slung cash at it. He was cashing in the family silver long before any issues with cash from China became apparent.

Xia is a reckless idiot for trusting the dodgy bugger but naive on that he didn't see pound signs in Keith's eyes. He got taken to the cleaners.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #821 on: July 23, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »
The unanswered question is did the money dry up or was it used to fund things Xia had not approved.  I don't suppose we shall ever know.

I don't think either are true. Xia is a strategy guy. Wyness was there to manage the money and implement it.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #822 on: July 23, 2018, 08:20:46 AM »
You answer my question Stuart.  The money crisis was generated.  It didn't just happen.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #823 on: July 23, 2018, 12:42:49 PM »

If you're a statutory director, in the eyes of UK law it absolutely is your fault/responsibility to fix.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #824 on: July 23, 2018, 06:51:51 PM »

They weren't Xia's plans. They were his. I would happily agree that Xia was naive and reckless. But it was that fat prick that was the architect of the plan to overspend our way up.

At least he wasn't telling fibs at the Trust AGM in March. There was a Plan B if we didn't go up. I just didn't expect it to be deliberately grind us into Administration so you can force a cheap sale to your mates and take a nice financial kick back when it happens.

In case he is feeling litigious, said Stan Collymore....

well if that's true and i have no reason to doubt your sources, then Wyness' bleating is even more self-serving. I am staggered that he was given that much rope to run the show though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal