collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keith Wyness  (Read 141345 times)

Offline stuart445

Re: Keith Wyness
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
My new boss at work happens to be a former pro footballer and a short term contracts director of football.  Really clued up and knows lots of people.  Gave me a story about his club hosting the pre-match meal for the Villa Directors.  Steve Round took his son, Wyness took a mate along with him,  my boss felt that they were not professional enough for such a big club. He came away thinking that there is absolutely zero football knowledge on the Villa Board.  He described Steve Round is a frustrated coach and lacks depth of knowledge in how to run a whole football club. My boss once interviewed Bruce for a job and describes him as a serial survivor but needs money, lacks personality.  He feels that Villa are easy to mug off due to the lack of nous on the Board. I agree with him.

I find it strange that under Lerners regime people were saying we had no football knowledge at board level (which was 100% correct). But now we have Wyness who is a former CEO of Everton, Steve Round who is a qualified football coach and Bryan Little as an advisor, so the lack of football knowledge on the board line is clearly 100% incorrect.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »
As to his football knowledge and looking after the playing side of things I have no idea how competent he is. However my brother in law has met him regarding a project Villa have been looking at and he says he''s a really nice professional chap. The brother in law meets with lots of top board members from large companies around the world so he has a good understanding of professional people.  Like I said I have no idea about the football capabilities but I know the brother in law would be quite happy to do business with him.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2018, 02:00:13 AM »
My new boss at work happens to be a former pro footballer and a short term contracts director of football.  Really clued up and knows lots of people.  Gave me a story about his club hosting the pre-match meal for the Villa Directors.  Steve Round took his son, Wyness took a mate along with him,  my boss felt that they were not professional enough for such a big club. He came away thinking that there is absolutely zero football knowledge on the Villa Board.  He described Steve Round is a frustrated coach and lacks depth of knowledge in how to run a whole football club. My boss once interviewed Bruce for a job and describes him as a serial survivor but needs money, lacks personality.  He feels that Villa are easy to mug off due to the lack of nous on the Board. I agree with him.

I find it strange that under Lerners regime people were saying we had no football knowledge at board level (which was 100% correct). But now we have Wyness who is a former CEO of Everton, Steve Round who is a qualified football coach and Bryan Littleas an advisor, so the lack of football knowledge on the board line is clearly 100% incorrect.

Small yes, Little no.   :o :o

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
Surely now the dust has settled on Saturdays poor effort it is time for Keith & Dr Tony to address the support & show some true leadership-always seems the going gets tough the radio silence kicks in.

Personally I’d like to see a statement that addresses;
-an acknowledgment that the approach this season has failed, don’t want an apology just to know that they aren’t patting themselves on the back saying bad luck, not to get top 2 was failure, to not win the play-off made that abject failure and they should say it.
-future of the manager, if he is staying make it clear now not 2/3 weeks down the line, if he is going hopefully it similarly won’t be a long drawn out process.
-future of key players, let’s face it of the seniors Jack & Chester are the ones we want to know are staying, dont leave it rumbling all summer. 
-address the elephant in the room, what does FFP mean for next year? nobody expects to be told the budget but it’s lazy management to let the same old suspects in the press write their Armageddon articles of fire sales and transfer embargoes without giving some true context.

Will they do it & control the message or do we have a summer of rumour upon rumour.....

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2018, 12:27:36 PM »
Don’t hold your breath.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2018, 12:30:03 PM »
Surely now the dust has settled on Saturdays poor effort it is time for Keith & Dr Tony to address the support & show some true leadership-always seems the going gets tough the radio silence kicks in.

Personally I’d like to see a statement that addresses;
-an acknowledgment that the approach this season has failed, don’t want an apology just to know that they aren’t patting themselves on the back saying bad luck, not to get top 2 was failure, to not win the play-off made that abject failure and they should say it.
-future of the manager, if he is staying make it clear now not 2/3 weeks down the line, if he is going hopefully it similarly won’t be a long drawn out process.
-future of key players, let’s face it of the seniors Jack & Chester are the ones we want to know are staying, dont leave it rumbling all summer. 
-address the elephant in the room, what does FFP mean for next year? nobody expects to be told the budget but it’s lazy management to let the same old suspects in the press write their Armageddon articles of fire sales and transfer embargoes without giving some true context.

Will they do it & control the message or do we have a summer of rumour upon rumour.....

I agree Gareth.  Clear and decisive leadership is required and i would hope they will have reached a decision in the next couple of weeks at the latest.  I also want to see some joined up thinking, so that if FFP is going to be an issue and we are going to have to rely on bringing younger players through going forward, then we bring in a manager who has a track record of doing that.   

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
Do the financial accounts for this season close on Thursday?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »
Year end 31 May but don’t expect to see them until Feb 2019.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2018, 12:53:58 PM »

Just goes to show how thin the line between success and failure is when you read some of these posts.

If we'd beat Fulham over 90 minutes at Wembley apparently their manager would be considered a failure.

Bizarre.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2018, 12:55:15 PM »
Every time I see this bloke's name I get confused and think it's that Rolling Stone who was going out with a 14 year-old.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:35 PM »

Just goes to show how thin the line between success and failure is when you read some of these posts.

If we'd beat Fulham over 90 minutes at Wembley apparently their manager would be considered a failure.

Bizarre.

Considering the resources he has had to work with, I don't think he would have been and I'm pretty sure he would have been highly sought after by a number of top flight clubs. 

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »

Bizarre.

Did you watch the game? We wouldn’t have scored if we were still playing now.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2018, 01:14:50 PM »
Wyness and co will know now what the Financial position is and the FFP situation.

I think they will be too scared to share the cluster fuck of the mess we are in with the fans.
Expect radio silence and a lack of candidness, in the mean time Doctor Tony has fucked off back to China.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2018, 01:16:58 PM »
Every time I see this bloke's name I get confused and think it's that Rolling Stone who was going out with a 14 year-old.

Well he'd know about working with youth tbf.

I hate myself.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2018, 01:21:16 PM »
Year end 31 May but don’t expect to see them until Feb 2019.

Obviously not but all financial transactions after the end of the month will go into next years accounts.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal