collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keith Wyness  (Read 141303 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Keith Wyness
« Reply #825 on: July 23, 2018, 07:22:27 PM »
Aye, if he had such a problem with xia's plans you'd think he'd have resigned before the shit hit the fan or refused to go along with it in the first place. It may not have been his idea to gamble everything on promotion but he sat there taking the money until it was obvious to anyone with a brain it was going down the pan.  Bleating now that he's getting blamed for following orders - well a few people have used that defence before without much success

They weren't Xia's plans. They were his. I would happily agree that Xia was naive and reckless. But it was that fat prick that was the architect of the plan to overspend our way up.

At least he wasn't telling fibs at the Trust AGM in March. There was a Plan B if we didn't go up. I just didn't expect it to be deliberately grind us into Administration so you can force a cheap sale to your mates and take a nice financial kick back when it happens.

In case he is feeling litigious, said Stan Collymore....

well if that's true and i have no reason to doubt your sources, then Wyness' bleating is even more self-serving. I am staggered that he was given that much rope to run the show though.
You could say that of Lerner’s trust in MON.
Business operates in a framework of due process and trust: we have not had both for a very long time, given the wastefulness of the last 15 years or so.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #826 on: July 23, 2018, 10:34:04 PM »
The above is more evidence that it will be critical that both of these new owners put in place a solid management structure. Randy hired poorly and trusted people who ultimately let him down badly. Xia the same even if we supposedly hired a “football man”. These fellas are smart and minted which I hope translates into really excellent football and business decisions going forward at Aston Villa.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #827 on: July 23, 2018, 10:43:53 PM »
To be fair if you boss gives you instructions as to how you are to do your job and you follow those orders and it goes tits up it isn't totally your fault. I suppose it depends on how much he did off his own back and how much, if at all he stood up for himself if he disagreed with the owners orders.

If you're a statutory director, in the eyes of UK law it absolutely is your fault/responsibility to fix.

Also Xia, as the owner, must have provided proof of the ability to support the club for a minimum of the next 12 months.  It can't really be anybody else's fault but Xia's when that support fails to materalise.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #828 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
It's why Wyness has brought a tortious interference claim rather than constructive dismissal apparently

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #829 on: July 24, 2018, 12:43:19 AM »
It's why Wyness has brought a tortious interference claim rather than constructive dismissal apparently

What a tort!
Although if he has been interfered with something should be done. Down with that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:25:49 AM by adrenachrome »

Offline Diablo

« Reply #830 on: July 24, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »

So I looked up tortious interference and came across this...

If you’re still asking yourself, “what does tortious interference mean,” look no further, below is a simple and concise tortious interference definition and example by author of the Dictionary of Modern Legal Usage Bryan A. Garner. Garner, speaking to legendary New York Times wordsmith William Safire defined tortious interference as the following, “Say you had a contract with Joe Blow, and I for some reason tried to get you to break that contract…Or say that Pepsi has an exclusive contract with a hotel chain to carry Pepsi products, and Coke tries to get the hotel to carry Coke despite that contract. That’s tortious interference.”

Is Wyness saying he was sacked for trying to carry out details listed in his contract/job description?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:25:07 PM by Diablo »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #831 on: July 24, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »

I agree. Wyness is a tortoise.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #832 on: July 24, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »

I agree. Wyness is a tortoise.
I am trying desperately to come up with puns relating to those hard shelled reptiles - The only one I can think of was that "Terry Paine" played for Southampton :)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #833 on: July 25, 2018, 07:27:31 AM »
Following the tortious interference claim I understand that Wyness will be heading north of the border this winter to try his luck at Scottish club Hibernation as they make a bid for the Scottish Premier Turtle :)

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #834 on: July 25, 2018, 08:02:16 AM »

So I looked up tortious interference and came across this...

If you’re still asking yourself, “what does tortious interference mean,” look no further, below is a simple and concise tortious interference definition and example by author of the Dictionary of Modern Legal Usage Bryan A. Garner. Garner, speaking to legendary New York Times wordsmith William Safire defined tortious interference as the following, “Say you had a contract with Joe Blow, and I for some reason tried to get you to break that contract…Or say that Pepsi has an exclusive contract with a hotel chain to carry Pepsi products, and Coke tries to get the hotel to carry Coke despite that contract. That’s tortious interference.”

Is Wyness saying he was sacked for trying to carry out details listed in his contract/job description?

I thought it was the fat f***** complaining about somebody stopping his cake supply.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #835 on: July 25, 2018, 10:05:48 AM »
It is quite clear why Wyness got the sack, if stories this week about having to pay for their own meals are true (of course they are) he was caught not paying for his pies and cake, it was in his contract, all the pies and cake he could eat for free. Charlatan. Sue him Wyness Sue

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #836 on: October 05, 2018, 01:24:05 PM »
Sorry if this is old news but, I've just seen a tweet from Wyness saying how it was privilege to have worked with Bruce and how he's a brilliant man-manager etc.  The comments are a joy to behold.  I'm sorry I can't link it but I see Jon Crofts was a responder, perhaps he can oblige.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #837 on: October 05, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »
Sorry if this is old news but, I've just seen a tweet from Wyness saying how it was privilege to have worked with Bruce and how he's a brilliant man-manager etc.  The comments are a joy to behold.  I'm sorry I can't link it but I see Jon Crofts was a responder, perhaps he can oblige.

Ha! I'll see what I can do.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #838 on: October 05, 2018, 01:31:21 PM »

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #839 on: October 05, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
Here's a Link to it.  Hope it works.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal