collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keith Wyness  (Read 141274 times)

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
Re: Keith Wyness
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2017, 04:05:04 PM »
All leave cancelled?  What the effing hell does that mean?  and what difference will that actually make to the running of the first team? 

You're taking it literally. It is a figure of speech which suggests that everyone is giving 100% to improve things. Hrs not saying they're eating Xmas dinner at BMH or something.

Even Micah Richards?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
My new boss at work happens to be a former pro footballer and a short term contracts director of football.  Really clued up and knows lots of people.  Gave me a story about his club hosting the pre-match meal for the Villa Directors.  Steve Round took his son, Wyness took a mate along with him,  my boss felt that they were not professional enough for such a big club. He came away thinking that there is absolutely zero football knowledge on the Villa Board.  He described Steve Round is a frustrated coach and lacks depth of knowledge in how to run a whole football club. My boss once interviewed Bruce for a job and describes him as a serial survivor but needs money, lacks personality.  He feels that Villa are easy to mug off due to the lack of nous on the Board. I agree with him.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:32:53 PM by Newby »

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »
My new boss at work happens to be a former pro footballer and a short term contracts director of football.  Really clued up and knows lots of people.  Gave me a story about his club hosting the pre-match meal for the Villa Directors.  Steve Round took his son, Wyness took a mate along with him,  my boss felt that they were not professional enough for such a big club. He came away thinking that there is absolutely zero football knowledge on the Villa Board.  He described Steve Round is a frustrated coach and lacks depth of knowledge in how to run a whole football club. My boss once interviewed Bruce for a job and describes him as a serial survivor but needs money, lacks personality.  He feels that Villa are easy to mug off due to the lack of nous on the Board. I agree with him.

I’m always wary about stories from vague sources.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:08:48 PM by XXVilla »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2017, 04:36:31 PM »
Its more the absence of exposure to anything other than the poorly prepared cheese cake for desert that enables somebody to extrapolate an intricate understanding of how a corporate structure works, that has me wary.

That cheese cake really was poor.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2017, 04:59:32 PM »
All leave cancelled?  What the effing hell does that mean?  and what difference will that actually make to the running of the first team? 

You're taking it literally. It is a figure of speech which suggests that everyone is giving 100% to improve things. Hrs not saying they're eating Xmas dinner at BMH or something.

Even Micah Richards?

He's probably in his santa costume, screaming with laughter.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2017, 05:05:56 PM »
He's probably in his santa costume, screaming with laughter.

...and standing 10 yards away from the Christmas Tree where he should be standing.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »

You really know how to cheer a chap up.

Round has only been in a DoF role for 13 months so it's little surprise he knows/knew little about running a football club. As for being a frustrated coach, that I can fully believe as that's what he'd done for the previous 15 years.
Wyness I'd never call a football man.
Bruce lacks personality? Let's just say from his press conferences I wouldn't describe him as Mr Motivator but what he's like on match days I've no idea. Quite why he needs the money I fail to understand. He must have made a fair bit over the years and he has a place over here in Quinta do Lago that don't come cheap.

Did you boss mug us off last summer?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2017, 06:12:07 PM »
If someone shares itk's you can ignore and not scorn y'know.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2017, 06:17:52 PM »
I trust you weren't referring to me, Eamonn. FWIW I find Newby's insightful tale very believable.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
In what way Rudy?

I'm not itk by the way and don't pretend to be.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »
Message from the CEO.

keith wyness
keith wyness
@retsub12
Everyone doing all we can to get things back on track, all leave cancelled and every hard question being asked, together we must turn it round, everyone knows the reality

Not sure peoples holidays needs to be cancelled (always a panick move by any CEO like when they start focusing on work hours) but I am glad he is looking at the manager.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2017, 06:24:05 PM »
Does that mean extra time on the training field doing fuck all like the previous 18months?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2017, 06:26:35 PM »
Did one of the clubs he works with - I saw the list before you edited - sell us a player last summer? Just putting 2+2 together.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2017, 06:31:25 PM »
Nothing in Rounds CV suggests that he should be DOF at The Villa.
Note he fell out with Southgate at Boro.

Looks like the old boy network is in full swing where mediocre hires incompetance.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2017, 06:31:34 PM »
My daughter a month or two back took on a man whose CV claimed that he had previously been a director of Leyton Orient.  He proved to be both plausible and barking in equal measure.  Back on medication.  Him not me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal