collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheffield Wednesday Post-Match Thread  (Read 22367 times)

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

Re: Aston Villa v Sheffield Wednesday Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »
We had to lose sooner or later. We get over it and move on to the next game. Not particularly worried.

I can't deny I'm not happy I won't see John Terry in a Villa shirt for a while though. (I'm aware he's probably improved us, but I still can't stand the bloke and wish we'd never signed him. A person like that should never be allowed to play for a club like us - it's a principle thing - I seem to recall last time he went off injured at Villa Park we all shouted 'wanker' in unison as well as telling him we knew what he was (is)).

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2017, 07:13:54 PM »
We had to lose sooner or later. We get over it and move on to the next game. Not particularly worried.

I can't deny I'm not happy I won't see John Terry in a Villa shirt for a while though. (I'm aware he's probably improved us, but I still can't stand the bloke and wish we'd never signed him. A person like that should never be allowed to play for a club like us - it's a principle thing - I seem to recall last time he went off injured at Villa Park we all shouted 'wanker' in unison as well as telling him we knew what he was (is)).

Ffs can’t we give it a rest with the tiresome anti-Terry talk on here. He’s our player and he’s probably our best player as well. We need to get over it.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2017, 07:14:17 PM »

Well maybe you should leave your prejudices aside,he has been outstanding for us and I fear for the defence now.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »
Elphick. Gulp.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2017, 07:20:59 PM »

yes its such a long time since we lost.

Online Joe S

• GM : 09.05.2024
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »

Absolute shambles, I disagree. By all accounts he has added value to the team and performed well. Shame on you!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2017, 07:28:22 PM »

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
Well... damn it.

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »
Disappointing performance. Despite a run of good results we are still unable to control a game from midfield. Most sides have a pivotal midfielder, the go to man who makes himself available and runs the team. We don't, and we haven't had one for years. Barry Bannan ran the game today. He was always in space, got them out of trouble at times and was creative. In comparison, our midfield is slow and lacks urgency.

Offline villabear

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 07:49:19 PM »
Why was manor road chippy closed,  disgrace.

Surely no more? Please.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 08:02:56 PM »
Bruce and the players share equal blame for that shocker...

Hogan from the start, WHY ?
Playing too deep (again).
No pressing high up the pitch.
[edit] and now I find out he knew Snodgrass had fractured ribs and still played him - that borders on criminal

Some of the players couldn't even pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate.
O'Hare or Grealish should have started instead of Hogan, in the Onomah role.

...and although it didn't affect the result, a special mention for one of the most incompetent refs I've seen for a while. He looked a bit like Phil Dowd and refed like him too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:05:15 PM by CT Villan »

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 08:11:35 PM »
Bruce and the players share equal blame for that shocker...

Hogan from the start, WHY ?
Playing too deep (again).
No pressing high up the pitch.
[edit] and now I find out he knew Snodgrass had fractured ribs and still played him - that borders on criminal

Some of the players couldn't even pass the ball 5 yards to a teammate.
O'Hare or Grealish should have started instead of Hogan, in the Onomah role.

...and although it didn't affect the result, a special mention for one of the most incompetent refs I've seen for a while. He looked a bit like Phil Dowd and refed like him too.
100% all the above

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2017, 08:12:54 PM »
I can't stand Terry, but he's going to be a loss to the side. And if folks still don't like him they're fully entitled to say so.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2017, 08:19:03 PM »
Your attacking midfielder who had a fine game three days ago is unable to play today due to injury. Do you replace him with:

a. A talented attacking midfielder who has recently recovered from injury and is an ideal like-for-like replacement?

b. A talented young lad from the reserves who scored a hat-trick earlier this week and who knows how to link with your main striker, as he has played numerous games with him at age-limited levels?

c. A striker who has scored one goal since January and has looked something of a misfit, despite costing a very large fee?

Your name is Steve Bruce. What do you do next?

Offline rim gk

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2017, 08:20:43 PM »
Not many birds in the Sheffield Wednesday crowd, the nearest to a pair of boobs was the fat bold bloke who watched the whole game with his top off.

How is the seventies?
Ray Graydon running down the wing, then a good old carry on film, great.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal