collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Sheffield Wednesday Post-Match Thread  (Read 22228 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Aston Villa v Sheffield Wednesday Post-Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:29 PM »
Have you considered the possibility that, maybe just maybe rim gk is perhaps on a wind up?

And if he was, what would be the point in that? Surely people are not that bored.
in their world people like us don't exist, that's why they think we're just a wind up.
People like what exactly?
the working man who like to have a laugh and a pint at football on Saturdays.

I work, I had a few pints on Saturday and I had a laugh with some very decent folk in the pub before and after.
Yet I didn't feel the need to spend the game chanting about northern bastards and staring at a fat bloke's moobs.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
You're obviously not a proper fan like Rimmsy.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2017, 02:34:07 PM »
Bruce fucked up playing two in midfield on Saturday, especially when one of the two was a 33 year old who'd already played two games that week. They had far far too much space in the middle in the first half.

It was quite clear what they were doing when they had the ball - one of their strikers dropped deep (or occasionally one of the wide players pushed inside) to make a midfield three, meaning Whelan and Hourihane were always outnumbered in there.  I honestly can't recall anyone getting near enough to Bannan to tackle him all game. 

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »
Bruce fucked up playing two in midfield on Saturday, especially when one of the two was a 33 year old who'd already played two games that week. They had far far too much space in the middle in the first half.

It was quite clear what they were doing when they had the ball - one of their strikers dropped deep (or occasionally one of the wide players pushed inside) to make a midfield three, meaning Whelan and Hourihane were always outnumbered in there.  I honestly can't recall anyone getting near enough to Bannan to tackle him all game. 
That sounds suspiciously like 'tactics' and 'game management' to me; haven't seen that around B6 for several years ....

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »

That sounds suspiciously like 'tactics' and 'game management' to me; haven't seen that around B6 for several years ....
I beg to differ mate - we see it all the time at B6! Just not from the management of the team playing in claret and blue! >:(

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »

I beg to differ mate - we see it all the time at B6! Just not from the management of the team playing in claret and blue! >:(
You're right, of course!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
Lansbury is shit. I hope that bit is true

True dat.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2017, 06:44:42 PM »
I can't be arsed with pulling the game apart but Terry will be a big miss. We have to keep in touch to New Year and then use the Amavi money to beef out the squad with a couple of players (ideally a decent central defender and another target man striker). If we have the cash to take Woods off Brentford then pony up. Or swap him for Hogan.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
you could of posted the script of the game before Saturday
bannan controls game
bannan in acres of space
bannan pinging ball about with no villa player near him
then repeat for any away team with player with a bit of nous about him

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2017, 07:29:48 PM »
bannan controls game
bannan in acres of space

Bannan performs as an Ashley Westwood mini-me.

It was all easy passing the ball about around the half way line because they had the comfort of that freak start. If he was doing that for us he would have half the crowd screaming at him.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »
bannan controls game
bannan in acres of space

Bannan performs as an Ashley Westwood mini-me.

It was all easy passing the ball about around the half way line because they had the comfort of that freak start. If he was doing that for us he would have half the crowd screaming at him.

Bruce seems to, like you, think that letting a player like that have all the time and space they like on the halfway line isn't anything to worry about but we very rarely win games when a player does that job reasonably well so maybe the territorial advantage it gives teams actually does impact the game.  I agree that a lot of Villa fans would be screaming at a player for doing that but they're the same sort of people who think that winning games and playing good/effective football are separate things so we should just ignore the latter because we can't afford to lose games.  Everyone can have an opinion, that's fine, it doesn't mean they're all equally valid though and, in my opinion, people who shout "get it forward" after 4-5 passes in midfield have no idea how the game works and are the reason that morons like Owen and Shearer can be paid to be 'experts'.

Offline class-of-82

« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2017, 08:19:14 PM »
bannan did have half the crowd screaming at him when he was with us, only difference was that with sheff weds he had players running into space which when with us he didn't.
every ball seemed to drop to a weds player which wasn't by chance
I said to the guy sat next to me in upper holte that Snodgrass don't run into space because he hasn't got the pace and adomah does not seem to have the know how skill call it what you like to actually beat a full back
we don't have a player on the pitch that has the nous that a bannan does until jack came on
I honestly think we been kidding ourselves that the team is functioning but unless he finds a way to find a place for those two players I think we going to struggle without kodjia in the team

Offline class-of-82

« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2017, 08:24:49 PM »
the other player I missed out which should be in is callum o hare

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2017, 10:40:56 PM »
bannan controls game
bannan in acres of space
Bannan played well against us on Boxing Day at Villa Park for Palace 4 years ago. And that was under Pulis!

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2017, 12:27:54 AM »
You're obviously not a proper fan like Rimmsy.

Rimmsy Coresackof aka Nick the Knife? Diamond geezer who loved a bit of orchestrated mayhem back in the day.

Drinks in the Bacchus Bar before home games and we often share a taxi to the ground.

He has gone wrong in his mental tank in recent years and often tries to start chants based on the surreal telly vizeeon program the Mighty Boosh on coaches to away games about Shamans and such.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal