collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre-Match Thread  (Read 10791 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2017, 11:15:27 AM »
Does Carlton Palmer still play for them?

Haha. I watched a video of him recently and he was a little upset about something Le Tissier had said about him. I can't remember the context, though.

Enjoy the match, Aftab!

3-1 to us I reckon.
haha cheers Nik. You too.
And
Matt Le Tissier = Footballer
Carlton Palmer =  Anything but

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »
I'm actually feeling cautiously optimistic about today (!), so I'm going our boys to snaffle a cheeky 2-1 victory.

UTV!

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2017, 11:35:03 AM »
Does Carlton Palmer still play for them?

Haha. I watched a video of him recently and he was a little upset about something Le Tissier had said about him. I can't remember the context, though.

Enjoy the match, Aftab!

3-1 to us I reckon.
haha cheers Nik. You too.
And
Matt Le Tissier = Footballer
Carlton Palmer =  Anything but

Cheers mate!

I'll be buying Sheff Utd tickets soon, and taking my wife to her first Villa match on December 23rd. If I remember correctly, you'll be in Australia at that point enjoying the cricket. Hopefully I'll be back home in May to either celebrate automatic promotion or for a victory at Wembley in the playoff final.

Was Carlton Palmer really that bad? My memories of Le Tissier were usually of him scoring last minute goals against us when I was about 10.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2017, 11:40:38 AM »
Carlton Palmer was the sort of player you needed if you were playing a Le Tissier type. Oh and he scored a last minute screamer against us once. Palmer that is, Le Tissier did it all the time.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »
Someone’s told me they’ll be a bugler playing The Last Post right before the match today. Fuckin hell.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2017, 11:59:40 AM »
We will win this by two goals. And any danger of getting the inevitable ban of rim gk done early so the rest of us can just talk football?
football has a sub culture, a social side  some of us are very proud of our north Birmingham roots, for some Aston Villa =North Birmingham, but anyone can support them our supporters are different but equal. Why would want to ban a fellow villa fan for being different to you.   I don't say you shouldn't support villa as you are not north Birmingham,  you can be the individual you are and that applies to me too.

I don't need a lesson on support and where they come from. I have lived both here and further south long enough.

I just want you to drop the tedious "they are all ******, I hit them when I was younger" thing on every thread you post on.

Fair enough? Particularly given this one is about the match today.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2017, 12:00:14 PM »
Someone’s told me they’ll be a bugler playing The Last Post right before the match today. Fuckin hell.

Had it the last few seasons IIRC.  Is there a particular problem with it seeing as the club have stated that they will be acknowledging Remembrance Day at the game today?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 12:35:15 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2017, 12:04:30 PM »
No one gives a shit if you, or anyone, are from North Brum or the North Pole. Being Villa is all that matters.

Online Skerra

« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 12:07:58 PM »
Seems that Kod, Onomah & Snoddie all doubts for today but, Jack & Lansbury may be in the squad.
We do have options though so line up will be interesting. UTV

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
Remember playing against Calton Palmer as a kid.  He came on as a sub and we told him in no uncertain terms why he was on the bench. Years later and who had the last laugh..!!

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2017, 12:31:01 PM »
Remember playing against Calton Palmer as a kid.  He came on as a sub and we told him in no uncertain terms why he was on the bench. Years later and who had the last laugh..!!

He was at my school and sometimes couldn't get into our sixth form team. He is the ultimate example of application over talent, fair play to him. He got on a YOP scheme at the Albion and worked his socks off and ended up playing for England.

Great quote about him from some manager or other that I heard was that he covered every blade of grass on the pitch...mainly because his first touch was so bad.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2017, 12:33:19 PM »
Carlton Palmer, have we not signed him yet?

Offline rim gk

« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »

He was at my school and sometimes couldn't get into our sixth form team. He is the ultimate example of application over talent, fair play to him. He got on a YOP scheme at the Albion and worked his socks off and ended up playing for England.

Great quote about him from some manager or other that I heard was that he covered every blade of grass on the pitch...mainly because his first touch was so bad.
I think he used to play for a few Sunday Smethwick teams. Then moved up one level and played for albion.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »
Yep thick Mike. ..fair play to him. His first touch was cap but he worked his socks off and you can't knock that. A bit like Alan Hutton.

Offline rim gk

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
Cp also came out in big rons defence after the comment that got him the sack from itv.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal