collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre-Match Thread  (Read 10787 times)

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield Wednesday Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2017, 12:43:15 AM »
Does Carlton Palmer still play for them?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2017, 01:17:13 AM »
Great. Keep us updated on actual and potential fights.
you some kind of grass?i was referring to the 1987 league cup game.

We all have the potential to be a grass. Even you.
you only grass on a nonce.

Or a verge.

By my reckoning I owe you one cigarette for your initial piece of advice, but given that you overlooked something that I then pointed out to you, then we're even. However, you did imply that you had the status of a trusted adviser initially, so it is standard for me to ask for a penalty snout on top of the quid pro quo agreement already established, without which I will have no option but to seek recompense via the ombudsman under the Tucker Jenkins ruling of the ECHR.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2017, 08:36:53 AM »
Their manager seems to have been under pressure all season. After a couple of play off failures and Sheffield United's form this season (including their derby win against Wednesday) the fans are frustrated. Let's hope he is under even more pressure after todays game.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2017, 08:42:16 AM »
Comfortable 3-0 win today. Jedinak, Elmo and Davis.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
I've predicted defeats in the last 2 so I'll continue that theme in the hope that we get something from this too. Seriously though I think we're hard to predict at the moment, it really depends how the opposition play. I think we're at the stage where we can cruise to comfortable wins against teams that lack any quality or are not 'at it' but I don't have enough confidence in us to meet fire with fire when we play a team that have a few good players and are 'up for it', and I still think we'll drop points.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »
Can’t see anything other than a win today

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2017, 08:58:56 AM »
We will win this by two goals. And any danger of getting the inevitable ban of rim gk done early so the rest of us can just talk football?

Offline rim gk

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2017, 09:06:07 AM »
We will win this by two goals. And any danger of getting the inevitable ban of rim gk done early so the rest of us can just talk football?
football has a sub culture, a social side  some of us are very proud of our north Birmingham roots, for some Aston Villa =North Birmingham, but anyone can support them our supporters are different but equal. Why would want to ban a fellow villa fan for being different to you.   I don't say you shouldn't support villa as you are not north Birmingham,  you can be the individual you are and that applies to me too.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:25:22 AM by rim gk »

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
Just win villa.I'll say it quietly but I may be able to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Just hope I don't get hit by a bloody train now though.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
football has a sub culture, a social side  some of us are very proud of our north Birmingham roots, for some Aston Villa =North Birmingham, but anyone can support them our supporters are different but equal. Why would want to ban a fellow villa fan for being different to you.   I don't say you shouldn't support villa as you are not north Birmingham,  you can be the individual you are and that applies to me too.

Engaging in breathless rough and trouble with a load of sweaty Northerners is not "culture". And Villa come from all over Birmingham, and beyond.

Now feel free to comment on the actual match and stop boring everyone with your fisty tedium.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »

Engaging in breathless rough and trouble with a load of sweaty Northerners is not "culture". And Villa come from all over Birmingham, and beyond.

Now feel free to comment on the actual match and stop boring everyone with your fisty tedium.

Seconded

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2017, 10:22:31 AM »

That's a bit 1970's isn't it?  I thought the modern way is to do a bit of pavement dancing while shouting "come on", then getting straight on to social media claiming a 'result'. 

Offline TonyD

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2017, 10:47:20 AM »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Does Carlton Palmer still play for them?

Haha. I watched a video of him recently and he was a little upset about something Le Tissier had said about him. I can't remember the context, though.

Enjoy the match, Aftab!

3-1 to us I reckon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:56:09 AM by Axl Rose »

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2017, 10:51:41 AM »
think we will win 2 0

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal