collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking a child to the game  (Read 5615 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Taking a child to the game
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 10:13:46 AM »
Does anyone know what time we'd have to get there to see the Villa team arrive on match day?  And do they stop for photos / autographs or just dash straight inside?

It's something my lad would like to do.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 01:03:12 PM »
Does anyone know what time we'd have to get there to see the Villa team arrive on match day?  And do they stop for photos / autographs or just dash straight inside?

Coach usually arrived between 12.30  - 13.00. If they are on time and enough people get their attention they will come over to the fence for autographs etc.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 03:56:35 PM »
In terms of parking, I would suggest Trinity Road (come in from the top end by the Church and the Mosque).  If you have a drive down there, there are usually some spaces to park on the road.  If you don't mind paying then you can park in the King Edward's school car park for £5.  Only a 5-10 minute walk from there and you do go past a couple of burger vans on the way (a hot dog is my young nephew's number one priority when he goes to a game!).     

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 01:37:07 PM »

Coach usually arrived between 12.30  - 13.00. If they are on time and enough people get their attention they will come over to the fence for autographs etc.

The players don't arrive by coach anymore for home games - they use their own cars.
Last one to arrive is usually around 1.00pm and yes, they do sign autographs and pose for pictures.
I'm pretty sure Aston Villa have stopped people waiting by the Corner Flag restaurant and you need to wait on the Trinity Road side of the players car park.

I'm also pretty sure Villa now have the players entering their car park through the North Stand car park.
I hope this helps

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 06:22:47 PM »
I am tempted to take Charlie to a game this year. He is cutting his teeth on occasional visits to watch Stourbridge at the minute. He is quite taken with fans singing and thought it was ace when the fans were lobbing flares on the pitch at the number 9 derby the other week. He was also rather animated and enjoyed joining in with "off" chants at a previous game. Given the above, I do worry I might have to punch someone next time we go to amuse him though!

He was gutted when I told him we lost to Wolves (Dylan in his class likes Wolves) but is friendly with a boy called Josh who supports Villa and Chelsea. Thinking about it, I probably ought to take Josh when we go as well!

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
I took my 5 year old to the Bolton game. He was really excited beforehand. He declared he was bored mid game (so were the other 32k) and has declined the offer of another game. Maybe next year!

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 11:34:34 AM »
Don't know if anyone else has suggested it but you could get the train to Aston and change there for Witton if you think the walk is too much?

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 06:52:09 AM »
He absolutely loved it.

He was gripped for the first half. His favourite player is ‘Alan’ but I presume that’s because it’s his Grandad’s name. Before kickoff he says he wants to be a record-breaking player for the club and win trophies, so all good there.

Seventy minutes in he’d had enough. With breathtaking astuteness for a first time viewer he commented ‘Aston Villa aren’t very good’ but ‘just need more practice.’  On the way back ‘I don’t mind Lichfield Wednesday (sic.) winning so their supporters are happy.’

He’ll be back.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »
Good work. Did you stick around for Samba's goal?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal