collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Preston North End v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 17329 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Preston North End v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
I don't know who scouted Davis at Biggleswade but they deserve a pay rise. It is exactly what this "Villa Engine" should be focused on.

Seems we found the starter motor in any event.

My worry is that Davis is the keys to this team, as it were. Lose them and your motor goes nowhere. We must get a similar type as cover in January. Like Hugill from Preston.

I think Davis is definitely the key to our recent form.  Not sure that ugly fucker from last night is an adequate stand in though !!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2017, 08:58:41 PM »
A really professional performance. Two good goals and some fine individual performances

Offline Madferret62

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2017, 10:08:37 PM »
Villa gave a competant performance last night. Before you all get carried away you might want to consider that you beat a team 2-0, were just about matched in the second half ( btw Davies should have seen red) by a team that cost £1.5M to put together. The crowd of 14k last night was an above average gate (we only came to see the Villa of course) so we will never compete in gate receipts and we are not too far behind in the league, add to that we are suffering a drop in form and had 4 first choice defenders out and still managed to keep it to 2 puts the “ brilliant” Villa display in perspective.

A fair result, but Villa are a long way off being a promtion side.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
Villa gave a competant performance last night. Before you all get carried away you might want to consider that you beat a team 2-0, were just about matched in the second half ( btw Davies should have seen red) by a team that cost £1.5M to put together. The crowd of 14k last night was an above average gate (we only came to see the Villa of course) so we will never compete in gate receipts and we are not too far behind in the league, add to that we are suffering a drop in form and had 4 first choice defenders out and still managed to keep it to 2 puts the “ brilliant” Villa display in perspective.

As all my Preston colleagues told me today boys against men. Of course we have more resource than Preston,  why you quite feel the need to come on a villa forum to tell us that I don't know. The performance was adequate for what we needed to do. At any point in the end half we could have upped our game and scored more. We didn't need too

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »
You didn't match us at all. We weren't in second gear second half, we were in stop mode waiting at lights, yawning and checking our teeth in the rear view mirror. That was the equivalent of dealing with your solitary tactic of lumping a big hoofball diagonally to Hugill which we dealt with comfortably.

You were utterly clueless and a bigger stroll about we've seldom had.

You're supposed to be a decent side and we brushed you away without really trying.

As for Davis being sent off, what for? Bullying the Preston kids?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:21:02 PM by Ads »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »

Long way off.....have you seen the league table?  Btw...There aren't many, if any, on here that would argue that Villa should be anywhere close to Preston in the league table given the gap in resources available to both clubs.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2017, 10:32:59 PM »
Whisper it Stu but we have some bloody good youngsters to bring on.
I was disappointed that O'Hare didn't make the bench last night. He was one of our few decent players at Wolves and has just scored a hat-trick for the u23's

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2017, 10:38:41 PM »
Re madferret62 get over yourself, stop bawling and accept that you were beaten by the better team. Be content with the fact that you beat the bluenose sc-m earlier in the season.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2017, 10:41:30 PM »

Six points off to be exact.

For what its worth I thought Prestons frontline was the best I have seen all season (including Wolves). It just so happened you ran into our defence, which is in very good form currently.

Also, I know other fans are welcome here but I really dont see the point in your post.

I cant imagine this time last year logging into whatever passes for Preston fan websites and telling them not to read much into their victory. I mean, why would you care what I think?  So I wonder why you give a damn about us and what we think? We dont care about you lot at all.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:09:32 AM by ciggiesnbeer »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2017, 07:00:53 AM »
It's called free speech, that quaint old concept of a democracy where people have equal voices, and whilst I don't agree with him or her, they have every right to an opinion that differs from mine.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2017, 08:48:37 AM »

As all my Preston colleagues told me today boys against men. Of course we have more resource than Preston,  why you quite feel the need to come on a villa forum to tell us that I don't know. The performance was adequate for what we needed to do. At any point in the end half we could have upped our game and scored more. We didn't need too
I'm not sure about this.  Given how tight this league is goal difference may become key and if we were that capable of scoring more then we bloody well should have.  I remember Gary Neville as pundit once saying on a half time analysis of a fairly one sided game, "at this point my Man United team would have had one thing on our mind - goal difference."  That's a winning mentality.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »

Six points off to be exact.

For what its worth I thought Prestons frontline was the best I have seen all season (including Wolves). It just so happened you ran into our defence, which is in very good form currently.

Also, I know other fans are welcome here but I really dont see the point in your post.

I cant imagine this time last year logging into whatever passes for Preston fan websites and telling them not to read much into their victory. I mean, why would you care what I think?  So I wonder why you give a damn about us and what we think? We dont care about you lot at all.

Preston's frontline better than Wolves'. Can I have a toke?

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
I don't know who scouted Davis at Biggleswade but they deserve a pay rise. It is exactly what this "Villa Engine" should be focused on.

Seems we found the starter motor in any event.

My worry is that Davis is the keys to this team, as it were. Lose them and your motor goes nowhere. We must get a similar type as cover in January. Like Hugill from Preston.

Totally agree.  A loan of that type would probably be a smart move and then we can see where we are in the summer.   

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2017, 08:57:37 AM »
It's called free speech, that quaint old concept of a democracy where people have equal voices, and whilst I don't agree with him or her, they have every right to an opinion that differs from mine.

I don't think anyone is questioning that, it was more a query about why they would bother to voice that opinion on another club's forum.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »

I don't think anyone is questioning that, it was more a query about why they would bother to voice that opinion on another club's forum.

I know the number of posts might be a clue but he's been here before under different circumstances! That's Mr Amfy! That post is the result of a conversation we had when I said how delighted everyone was with the performance and he said he didn't think it was that good and Villa, not only with the resources, but the actual players we've got, should be doing much better. The post is actually made, in a way, partially as a Villa fan. Read it again in that context and it's not so far off what some of us post on other weeks!

For my part I realised that whilst I am generally not as distraught/angry at poor performances as some others on here, and can usually find something to be positive about, I am exactly the same about good ones & it's just that I don't think in extremes. I thought we started brilliantly but faded badly and Preston could have got back into the game if they had been able to risk throwing everything forward more - but with 3/4 of the defence out they couldn't. I saw a game where we showed what we are capable of in patches, and in patches, it was better than what we've seen before. However, just like any other week I'd say a 'better' (or less injury hit) side were given enough opportunities by errors and failure to press to have got back into that game.

I do think we are starting to be more 2 steps forward one back than the other way around. It's a steady improvement and I'm happy if a little bored.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal