collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Preston North End v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 17421 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Preston North End v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: November 02, 2017, 04:32:23 PM »
If Kodjia fit then the only place for him would be to replace Adomah on the LW and Adomah replace Snodgrass on RW.

Would definitely consider that for Saturday.  He got a goal and an assist last night, but I think Snodgrass has looked a bit off the pace for a few weeks now.  I too would go with Kodjia and Adomah either side of Davis in attack and maybe keep Snodgrass back for a cameo in the closing stages. 

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #136 on: November 02, 2017, 04:46:35 PM »
How did Maguire play up front for Preston last night guys? Only saw last 20 mins

The only thing I remember him doing was diving.

The one in the first half was a decent shout for a penalty but the one in the second half was as blatant a dive as you'll ever see. He should have got a yellow card.

it was only after several replays did I think it was a pen, Chester's "tackle" and the way the ball moved it looked like no foul to me in real time.

as we all know the ref who was right behind it gets to see it once and yes the 2nd one was a dive and he should of got a yellow for it...

UTV
The Doc

I thought he ran into Mr Chester's foot, falling almost before he touched it. Still 60/40 a penalty.

Good ref all round though, I thought.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #137 on: November 02, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Watching our performance last night I came away a little optimistic that we may gain promotion this season. However today I had a long chat with myself and realised that as a villa fan once optimism raises it's ugly head a swift kick to the balls usually follows.

Offline rim gk

« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2017, 05:41:34 PM »
We also missed a golden opportunity to put away a dreadful SHA team but never mind for now.
small heath scum lifted thier game it was thre cup final.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2017, 05:50:51 PM »
Excellent performance. I can't be arsed to break it down by individuals but an all round display. We look a totally different team with Davis leading the line. That injury crisis that meant he had to be thrown in may very well have saved Bruce's job.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2017, 06:19:02 PM »
Hear hear Stuart. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »
I also predict that you will see a very different Lansbury when he gets back in if we are going at teams. He can pass and might just unlock Hogan if he is needed in the coming months.

Hopefully, this financial fair play lark that means we can't throw cash around like confetti will mean we have to use the youngsters even if we do go up. Because there is some real talent in there.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2017, 06:36:31 PM »
Whisper it Stu but we have some bloody good youngsters to bring on.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »
I don't know who scouted Davis at Biggleswade but they deserve a pay rise. It is exactly what this "Villa Engine" should be focused on.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #144 on: November 02, 2017, 06:52:13 PM »
I also predict that you will see a very different Lansbury when he gets back in if we are going at teams. He can pass and might just unlock Hogan if he is needed in the coming months.

Hopefully, this financial fair play lark that means we can't throw cash around like confetti will mean we have to use the youngsters even if we do go up. Because there is some real talent in there.

I’ve given us on Lansbury, and Hogan for that matter.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #145 on: November 02, 2017, 07:20:52 PM »

I’ve given us on Lansbury, and Hogan for that matter.

I am sure you have. But you about as cheerful as a shit in a cereal bowl.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
I don't know who scouted Davis at Biggleswade but they deserve a pay rise. It is exactly what this "Villa Engine" should be focused on.

I said this a while ago. It was a bloody good spot.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »

Seems we found the starter motor in any event.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »

I said this a while ago. It was a bloody good spot.

Whereas the Stevenage coaches who ditched him probably aren't in employment any more!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »

Seems we found the starter motor in any event.

My worry is that Davis is the keys to this team, as it were. Lose them and your motor goes nowhere. We must get a similar type as cover in January. Like Hugill from Preston.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal