collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Great Weekend for English Sport  (Read 3738 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Great Weekend for English Sport
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »
you have to remember that Mercedes f1 team are based in brackley not Germany so I wonder where there taxable earnings are paid.
david coulthard what a nice guy but I wonder how much of his wealth is based in Monaco at least one expensive hotel that's for sure and the list will go on and on

I love Hamilton btw

The engines are made in Brixworth, just around the corner from me, and the same village where my youngest goes to nursery.  I play football on a Tuesday night with one of the senior technical directors, and he reckons that Hamilton isn't well liked by the team, but is admired because they think he's an absolute genius.

Sounds like me and work!

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 08:54:30 PM »
you have to remember that Mercedes f1 team are based in brackley not Germany so I wonder where there taxable earnings are paid.
david coulthard what a nice guy but I wonder how much of his wealth is based in Monaco at least one expensive hotel that's for sure and the list will go on and on

I love Hamilton btw

The engines are made in Brixworth, just around the corner from me, and the same village where my youngest goes to nursery.  I play football on a Tuesday night with one of the senior technical directors, and he reckons that Hamilton isn't well liked by the team, but is admired because they think he's an absolute genius.

A mate works at Williams and their view, from the industry, is he is a complete See You Next Tuesday.  Takes the credit when things go well, but its always someone else's fault if he doesn't win.   It's a bit of a leap but that kind of aligns with his moral stance in avoiding tax.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 08:57:05 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 06:01:49 PM »
BUMP.

I told you so 😛

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »
I get you don't like Hamilton, and share your dislike of tax avoiders, but in much the same way as the last revelations were turned into the Jimmy Carr Show, Hamilton is a handy distraction from the real culprits.

He has a bunch of tax advisors who will know about the Isle of Man's dodgy aircraft leasing stunt. I'd guess his accountants put every trip down as a business expense rather than Hamilton ordering them to, but either way the problem is the Isle of Man. The "government" and tax officials there were more than happy to have people at Ronaldsway at stupid o'clock in the morning to sign off yet another private jet and hand over yet another tax rebate. They aren't being questioned til their ears bleed because we'd rather doorstep Lewis Hamilton.

Wonder which celeb will shift the focus of the next leak.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 03:44:01 PM »
I don't disagree. But somebody started a thread and mentioned Lewis Hamilton, so I responded by giving my opinion of him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal