collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Birmingham City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 26978 times)

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
Re: Birmingham City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2017, 02:18:28 PM »
When was last time we played well there regardless.of the result?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2017, 02:18:29 PM »
That was 90 minutes my life I wont get back. SB got what he wanted today, so frustrating though because when we actually pressed and passed after the changes, we created a couple of chances. No excuses for the hoof up to Kodjia for most of the match, he was living off scraps for most of the game. Still don't see what Snodgrass brings to the team, seems too slow to me.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2017, 02:19:33 PM »
Whelan was man of the match and he was useless. I don’t like a lot of our players but Kodjia irritates me more than most of them.

Really? He stood up to a very tough physical battle in the middle pretty much on his own for 60 minutes until Jedinak came on. I thought he did well.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
The point keeps us going, overall it was bloody poor though. Not a great advert for the 2nd City.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
I don’t have a problem with Whelan performance, he kept challenging, kept getting fowled and wa over run in midfield as they had more numbers.
Bruce as usual took to long to put an extra body in there, when we did we got into the game.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »
Blues were better than I expected we were way below our standard. Omunamh and Hourihane particurly poor, the latter should get a kick in the bollocks for nearly giving them the game.
Typical that we got free kicks in good areas once Hourihaine was subbed. I reckon he'd have buried the last one

Save that there wouldn't have been a free kick in that position at that time, had he remained on the pitch.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »
The point keeps us going, overall it was bloody poor though. Not a great advert for the 2nd City.

Local derbies are shit basically.
Thought we created the best chances and should have put a couple away. Really pleased to see Jedinak back, we always look a more solid team with him in it. Davis holds the ball up well and we keep possession because of it. I hope they both start on Wednesday.

PS - I hope Small Heath get done by the FA for their scummy fans continually throwing things at our players wether it be those pathetic small time clappers, bottles and coins. They’re the scum of the earth.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »
Fair result in the end. We never play well here and today was no exception.

Could have been 3 down start of the second half, but then Jedinak came on and steadied it and we could have had 3 or 4.

Point away from home is always decent enough when you're winning at home.

Big game Wednesday and I hope Kodjia is fit.

Felt we got into a rut of knocking it long for their number 4 to swallow up.

Onomah, Kodjia, Snodgrass, Hourihane and Adomah all collectively poor. Hopefully Kodjia is not badly injured.

Six points off Barcelona in 2nd and well in the Play Offs. Not too bad so far.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2017, 02:24:53 PM »
I agree with the points above that this was going to be a tough away game. Blues were always going to raise their game and we should be happy with a point. Next week they'll be back to shit again, and Villa should look ahead to giving Preston a bad time.

I wasn't overly impressed today but wouldn't be quite as negative as some about it. We will, however, lose at Preston. We also will not get promoted this season, you don't get promoted playing at the overall level we have this season so far, our midfielders with the exception of Adomah have been at best inconsistant, at worst utter shite.

My one glimmer of hope is that Jedinak makes a comparable difference to our performances for the rest of this season as he did for the last 25 mins today, and that he stays fit, and that Kodjia shakes off this setback and comes back roaring for the whole of the remainder of the season.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2017, 02:25:22 PM »
I don’t have a problem with Whelan performance, he kept challenging, kept getting fowled and wa over run in midfield as they had more numbers.
Bruce as usual took to long to put an extra body in there, when we did we got into the game.

He was kicked and elbowed all over the place today with barely protection from the useless ref.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2017, 02:25:29 PM »
Blues were better than I expected we were way below our standard. Omunamh and Hourihane particurly poor, the latter should get a kick in the bollocks for nearly giving them the game.
Typical that we got free kicks in good areas once Hourihaine was subbed. I reckon he'd have buried the last one

Save that there wouldn't have been a free kick in that position at that time, had he remained on the pitch.
Very true

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2017, 02:29:33 PM »
I'd have taken a point before the game but not if we played for one.

Disappointing. Not the worst result though.

Just OK.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
Cotterill dismissing us hitting the crossbar twice because “they were just counter-attacks”...

Yeah okay, mate.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »
Today saw the importance of Terry and Chester as a very effective partnership, the fight of Whelan - a real warrior - and the difference Jedi makes.

But nothing much creatively.

A Steve Bruce team. Sadly.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2017, 02:31:34 PM »
2,078 villa
So,22,330 noses in their best crowd of the season
Pa-the-tic

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal