collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208417 times)

Offline DeeBoy1

Re: Jordan Amavi - gone again
« Reply #1635 on: October 04, 2017, 10:39:24 PM »
Agreed. Absolute pearler mate!

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1636 on: October 05, 2017, 01:32:00 AM »
He hasn't even been that good in the games I've seen.

Marseille conceded loads of goals in the games he's been played and he's been booked a few times so pretty much the same as he was here.

Shows he was wise to move on though as I imagine he'd have been 476th in the French LB pecking order if he'd stayed as a back up championship player.

Yeah, I mean, I was confident he'd do well but it comes off to me a bit like an English player being called up because they kinda do okay for one of the top 4 teams.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1637 on: October 05, 2017, 10:44:26 AM »
Fabian Delph refers.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #1638 on: October 05, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »
Yeah, I mean, I was confident he'd do well but it comes off to me a bit like an English player being called up because they kinda do okay for one of the top 4 teams.

Or West Brom

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1639 on: October 05, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »
If Amavi is getting in the France squad then I will be betting on them not getting out the group phase at the next tournament they qualify for.

Terrible player that we are well shot of.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #1640 on: October 05, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
If Amavi is getting in the France squad then I will be betting on them not getting out the group phase at the next tournament they qualify for.

Terrible player that we are well shot of.

I'm willing to bet France will win the world cup regardless.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1641 on: October 07, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »
Apparently his deal is now permanent meaning we will get our cash early.  Great if true.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1642 on: October 07, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
If it’s true that the game permanent deal for 8.9m has gone through that’ll surely help the FFP and maybe free up a few quid in January if we need a reinforcement or two

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #1643 on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:52 PM »
And he was on the team-of-the week. Saw highlights of the game last night, and he had a great tackle on Mbappe almost through on goal.

They will keep him, and we get some of our dosh back.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #1644 on: October 23, 2017, 06:28:07 PM »
If that means we can sign another target man and left back in January, then happy days.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1645 on: October 23, 2017, 07:56:19 PM »
Left back and pacey, powerhouse midfielder, please.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1646 on: October 23, 2017, 08:22:46 PM »
How bout that 20M Tone?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1647 on: October 23, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »
If that means we can sign another target man and left back in January, then happy days.

Not sure it does. Maybe pay for Snodgrass. But I reckon we're close to wire on FFP still
stil

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1648 on: October 23, 2017, 10:18:37 PM »

Jordan Amavi has spoken of his disappointment at not being able to regather his form for Aston Villa before leaving for Marseille.

Amavi suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury while on international duty in 2015 which ended his maiden season in England.

This frustratingly came after a promising start to his Villa career, but by the time he was ready to return the claret and blues found themselves in the Championship.

Left-back Amavi left Villa for good this summer, heading back to Ligue 1 where he his performances have seen him break into the senior national squad.

But despite this, he looks back on his time at Villa Park with a sense of “what if”.

“To play and not be able to show what I was capable of, with Aston Villa and in the English second division, at that time, it was hard, yes,” Amavi told L’Equipe .

“It was frustrating not to be able to regain all my abilities. I knew I needed almost as much time out with the injury to get back to 100%.

“The coach, Roberto Di Matteo, believed a lot in me. But my body did not respond as before. I couldn’t do the same things: take the ball, go ahead, strike, centre the ball.
Aston Villa's Jordan Amavi during the defeat to Reading

"Wolves were better and it sticks in your throat" - Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce's full post-match transcript

“And then there was a change of coach with the arrival of Steve Bruce. I had a little softening off then, which was normal after I stopped for nine months.

“The coach even thought I had problems at home, when not at all!”

Bruce, who signed Neil Taylor last January, was reluctant to let Amavi go in the window and would have retained him but for the money Marseille offered.

“There’s been talk all summer,” Bruce said after the initial loan deal came about in the summer.

“I want to wish him the best of luck. He’s a smashing pro.

“He had a horrific injury, unfortunately at the wrong time for him.

“Since I’ve been at the club he’s one of those where he’s never been a problem.

“However the money that we’re getting obviously is good business for both parties and we wish him the best of luck.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordan-amavi-former-aston-villa-13764209

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal