collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports  (Read 38030 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2017, 01:07:52 PM »
I’ve got to be honest, having more diverse hooligans than Small Heath isn’t high up on my list of reasons to be proud of the Villa.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
When you hate your rivals more than you love your own club - you know something is not right.  Its not even historic, a lot of blues remain  like that today.  Very sad.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 12:55:56 AM »
When you hate your rivals more than you love your own club - you know something is not right.  Its not even historic, a lot of blues remain  like that today.  Very sad.

Sad but true

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 01:08:50 AM »
rim gk with respect you are talking loads of bollocks.

Offline rim gk

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
What am I taking bollox about? As I have made a few posts on this thread.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 09:15:51 AM »
The Blues in the late 70s was very right wing with the chaps out of the trooper the older lot had a notable lad of colour from Handsworth  J**o . Villa had a few black lads in the steamers but the advent of the C Crew seen a really multicultural set of lads who terrorised the right wing Blues .

Cuddles and his family was always Blues so they went on a recruitment drive from the black lads of the ramp who used to get a torrid time from Villa .

They joined up with Cuddles and some other young lads more for the thieving opportunity but became embroiled in the FV side . There was a calculated ploy to call Villa racists and many believed them despite the likes of BD and B and cast of others following Villa .

It was at that time a huge myth as there was stickers up town saying Kill the N******r Danny .

To this day there is still resentment with the older Blues and the influence of Cuddles ect .

Very strange how town tuned from a pretty even if not slightly more Villa to a Blues stronghold by 1984 , arrests .apathy and general moving on from FV within the ranks at Villa was also to blame .

For some of us Town was a very bad place as the Blues lot never forgot . Many of us were attacked on our own and even with wives and girlfriends 1987 seen parity regained by then I was well gone from FV

A mate of mine was in the Transport Police around that time and they covered the shopping centre and ramp. I remember him telling me about the Zulus but at the time they had no football affiliation and were basically just a gang of petty criminals. Then I started hearing the name a couple of years later associated with the Noses and wondered what the link was. Not my scene at all, much more interested in a few drinks and having a laugh, but still interesting to know how things evolved.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »
No point glamourising or judging which team has more/fewer/harder/more diverse/longer lasting/whatever hooligans. It's a horrible element of the sport which is thankfully mostly a thing of the past. To say that Birmingham's are more racist or whatever than ours is a ridiculous notion too. How do you measure that? How do you quantify it? We've all heard mindless racist morons down at Villa, I'm sure there's sadly the same issue as Blues. I don't think it's anything anyone should try point scoring about. Hopefully it's only about what happens on the pitch from now on. Even if I am living in Cloud Cuckooland.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 09:39:28 AM »
Apologies may be a bit strong but it’s on your insinuations that somehow Blues are more racist than the Villa. There was lot of racism inside and outside VP directed at “non white” Villa fans by some fellow Villa fans.

Offline rim gk

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 10:25:20 AM »
Apologies may be a bit strong but it’s on your insinuations that somehow Blues are more racist than the Villa. There was lot of racism inside and outside VP directed at “non white” Villa fans by some fellow Villa fans.
yes that did happen now again, but not on the scale made out  by blues, in fact 70s and 80s it happened at nearly all grounds. Blues Were more racist that villa and other midlands clubs pre zulu days.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 10:27:46 AM »
yes that did happen now again, but not on the scale made out  by blues, in fact 70s and 80s it happened at nearly all grounds. Blues Were more racist that villa and other midlands clubs pre zulu days.

This is the pointless kind of point scoring you expect from them. Racism is a part of the game that isn't in the English game to the extent it once was, lets just be thankful for that shall we?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »
Our racists are better than their racists.

John Terry 78 England caps.
Lee Bowyer 1.

Take that, Small Heath!

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »

Lee Bowyer 1.

Take that, Small Heath!

Made me laugh. Just hope that daft racist flag isn’t seen at the shithole the only points the blues will get on Sunday

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 11:32:59 PM »

Lee Bowyer 1.

Take that, Small Heath!

Made me laugh. Just hope that daft racist flag isn’t seen at the shithole the only points the blues will get on Sunday
you

I agree , do you concur with my assessment WW as I think we moved in similar circles a long time ago

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 08:46:27 AM »
Has it aired yet? - I'm abroad at the moment but would be keen to watch it on my return. Where will it be available on catch-up?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Tomorrow I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal