collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports  (Read 38381 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Villa vs Birmingham Football Rivalries Show on Sky Sports
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 11:25:44 AM »
They have nothing, whatsoever, to boast about on the pitch so they have to invent off-field "victories" based around class, race or locality.

We have more middle class fans than them, but we also have more working class fans. We have more white fans than them, but we also have more fans from ethnic minorities. We have more fans from further afield than them, but we also have more fans in Birmingham.

Other than a tiny section of Solihull and bits of the A45 corridor, we have more fans everywhere. That's why we play in one of the World's most famous stadia, and they play in a hovel.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:37:22 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline rim gk

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 11:35:24 AM »
They have nothing, whatsoever, to boast about on the pitch so they have to invent off-field "victories" based around class, race or locality to boast about.

We have more middle class fans than them, but we also have more working class fans. We have more white fans than them, but we also have more fans from ethnic minorities. We have more fans from further afield than them, but we also have more fans in Birmingham.

Other than a tiny section of Solihull and bits of the A45 corridor, we have more fans everywhere. That's why we play in one of the World's most famous stadia, and they play in a hovel.
Top post, plenty  of Villa in South Brum, Hall Green, Sheldon even A.G . I knew an old Villa lad for a bit who used to referee in C.Wood and said nearly all the kids used to turn up to the game in Villa tops.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
There are plenty of Villa in The Wood, and here in Yardley, too. It really annoys a lot of noses when I tell them where I'm from. 😁

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 12:09:02 PM »
Villa V Scum Heathh has no football traditions , its just about the rivialy and hate between the fans
Whats unique about this rivalry is the bitterness and low levels blues fans sink. They have tried to create racial division in the 80s and 90s between our clubs. Villa's black and Asian fans have suffered the most at blues fans with taunts "you support a racots club" Ive heard it myself.

While forgetting that 90% of Birmingham skinheads in the 1978-81 period supported them. So either Birmingham's skinhead scene was uniquely multi-cultural, or round about 1982 they all had a Damascene conversion.   

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 12:16:47 PM »
They have nothing, whatsoever, to boast about on the pitch so they have to invent off-field "victories" based around class, race or locality.

They have nothing, whatsoever, to boast about on the pitch so they have to invent off-field "victories" based around class, race or locality to boast about.

Top post, plenty  of Villa in South Brum, Hall Green, Sheldon even A.G . I knew an old Villa lad for a bit who used to referee in C.Wood and said nearly all the kids used to turn up to the game in Villa tops.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if any of their oft repeated myths make it on to there.  In truth, it is probably one of the few real derbies in the country where there has been a big gap in terms of the level of the two clubs.  Apart from a few years in the top flight, their natural home for some time has been the lower reaches of the second tier and we've only sunk to that level a couple of times in the over 40 years. I started going to the Villa in the mid 80's and by the time I reached my 20's, we'd only been in the same division as them once.  I love the way Dean Saunders points that out to Robbie Savage at the 4.40 mark on this video. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 02:21:26 PM »
Villa V Scum Heathh has no football traditions , its just about the rivialy and hate between the fans
Whats unique about this rivalry is the bitterness and low levels blues fans sink. They have tried to create racial division in the 80s and 90s between our clubs. Villa's black and Asian fans have suffered the most at blues fans with taunts "you support a racots club" Ive heard it myself.

While forgetting that 90% of Birmingham skinheads in the 1978-81 period supported them. So either Birmingham's skinhead scene was uniquely multi-cultural, or round about 1982 they all had a Damascene conversion.
Only if the Council would pay for it.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 05:38:54 PM »
Football wise and in the pitch our main rivalry has to be with olbion   Blues fans live in a time warp enough said !

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:01 AM »

Before the Zulus I was told by the few noses round our way that their skinhead mob was called the Apex. I understand it was very much a white mob so no idea how Cuddles and his mates appeared on the scene.

Offline Sunny Villa

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 04:37:36 AM »
The Blues in the late 70s was very right wing with the chaps out of the trooper the older lot had a notable lad of colour from Handsworth  J**o . Villa had a few black lads in the steamers but the advent of the C Crew seen a really multicultural set of lads who terrorised the right wing Blues .

Cuddles and his family was always Blues so they went on a recruitment drive from the black lads of the ramp who used to get a torrid time from Villa .

They joined up with Cuddles and some other young lads more for the thieving opportunity but became embroiled in the FV side . There was a calculated ploy to call Villa racists and many believed them despite the likes of BD and B and cast of others following Villa .

It was at that time a huge myth as there was stickers up town saying Kill the N******r Danny .

To this day there is still resentment with the older Blues and the influence of Cuddles ect .

Very strange how town tuned from a pretty even if not slightly more Villa to a Blues stronghold by 1984 , arrests .apathy and general moving on from FV within the ranks at Villa was also to blame .

For some of us Town was a very bad place as the Blues lot never forgot . Many of us were attacked on our own and even with wives and girlfriends 1987 seen parity regained by then I was well gone from FV

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »
Don't know where to put this have just moved to Oz does anyone know where I can see the game in the Sydney or Woolangong area.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
On next Tuesday Sky Football Channel 403 Virgin 503 HD or 513 at 7 pm for 1/2 hour. Would have thought, allowing for the 'pain in the neck adverts', you would need a minimum 1 hour to do it justice, still looking forward to it and thanks Deano for letting us know about it.
>:(, my Sky says Revisita De La Liga. :o.
However, I've just clicked +24 hours, and it seems to be on Wednesday on my telly.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 12:01:08 PM by four fornicholl »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
Mine too. It was on Tuesday. They must have moved it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2017, 12:19:59 PM »
Mine too. It was on Tuesday. They must have moved it.

Should know by now that Villa/sha is always moved. 

Offline rim gk

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 12:56:43 PM »
The Blues in the late 70s was very right wing with the chaps out of the trooper the older lot had a notable lad of colour from Handsworth  J**o . Villa had a few black lads in the steamers but the advent of the C Crew seen a really multicultural set of lads who terrorised the right wing Blues .

Cuddles and his family was always Blues so they went on a recruitment drive from the black lads of the ramp who used to get a torrid time from Villa .

They joined up with Cuddles and some other young lads more for the thieving opportunity but became embroiled in the FV side . There was a calculated ploy to call Villa racists and many believed them despite the likes of BD and B and cast of others following Villa .

It was at that time a huge myth as there was stickers up town saying Kill the N******r Danny .

To this day there is still resentment with the older Blues and the influence of Cuddles ect .

Very strange how town tuned from a pretty even if not slightly more Villa to a Blues stronghold by 1984 , arrests .apathy and general moving on from FV within the ranks at Villa was also to blame .

For some of us Town was a very bad place as the Blues lot never forgot . Many of us were attacked on our own and even with wives and girlfriends 1987 seen parity regained by then I was well gone from FV
I lived in witton in the 80s and so did some of the villa youth of that time. Though they older than me I do know a bit about them, they were giving the racist label by blues, there was a divide with what was going to going on down the blues but not to the extent it was made out by blues.  I remember a bit of racist graffiti in witton along side villa graffiti, but that's it. Racist graffiti was common on the south side of the city too. Even about 14years ago I was coming home from work and saw zulu graffiti under a bridge and then a remark about descendants of Pakistan.  As villa youth witton they grew up along side a big Asian community in the 80s, I don't remember any problems or tension. Aston park in the 80s had loads of white kids s playing down local and non local. Never any issues.

Offline rim gk

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
... There was some racism down villa in the 80s but racism down blues pre zulu days was more.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal