collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Small Rodent
[Today at 10:57:27 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:55:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:51:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 10:51:03 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Richard
[Today at 10:47:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:44:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:44:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 10:43:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Pups Post-Match Thread  (Read 31007 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Wolves v Pups Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 07:36:16 PM »
Whelan is completely shot. To do the role he's meant to you need energy.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2017, 07:38:15 PM »
It's the lack of reaction that worries me. Anyone who watched the first half could see where that game was going and did Bruce do anything to change the game? No nothing.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2017, 07:38:34 PM »
Anyone still think we've got the best squad in the division by a country mile?
I think it is a lot better than that performance.
The problem is the Manager, it’s been obvious for a long time.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2017, 07:38:40 PM »
The midfield was absolutely hopeless and Whelan put in the worst central midfield performance I've ever seen.

I'm getting tired of saying it but why the hell is Whelan playing as a bloody box to box midfielder? Put him in as a defensive midfielder and he's fine. Today, yet again, he players in front of Hourihane. And as night follows day, Whelan is completely knackered after 45 minutes.

I can't even get angry anymore, today was so bloody predictable. The only thing that keeps me going is Tactics Dim will be gone by the end of the month.
I hope you’re right.

Offline cdward

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:00 PM »
We were outplayed and outscored by the better team. Wolves are the best team in this league, they will get automatic promotion.
They had a bit of luck for the first when Elmo slipped, but he had already lost his man as he was standing too far away from him when the cross came in, and was always playing catch up. What about touch tight marking!
Their second was lucky that it dropped to him from Huttons clearance, and had a hint of handball when he controlled it before scoring, but can't really complain, they dominated us and the score was a fair reflection of the game.
We look strong defensively, but lacked any real threat going forward.
We have enough to finish in the play offs though, i will take that.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:38 PM »
Thoroughly well beaten.  The difference in pace between the two sides was really stark.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:45 PM »
The midfield was absolutely hopeless and Whelan put in the worst central midfield performance I've ever seen.

I'm getting tired of saying it but why the hell is Whelan playing as a bloody box to box midfielder? Put him in as a defensive midfielder and he's fine. Today, yet again, he players in front of Hourihane. And as night follows day, Whelan is completely knackered after 45 minutes.

I can't even get angry anymore, today was so bloody predictable. The only thing that keeps me going is Tactics Dim will be gone by the end of the month.

Gone by the end of the month? I'd be surprised if he's gone by the end of the season!  :(

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40:24 PM »
It's the lack of reaction that worries me. Anyone who watched the first half could see where that game was going and did Bruce do anything to change the game? No nothing.

Good solid performance at half time according to a few on here though.

Most of us could see how this one would pan out given the complete lack of ambition in the first half.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2017, 07:42:07 PM »

Good solid performance at half time according to a few on here though.

Most of us could see how this one would pan out given the complete lack of ambition in the first half.

It was very obvious the way that game was going. 4-4-2 with our lack of pace and energy is suicide.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2017, 07:43:18 PM »

I didn't think that Whelan was played as a box to box midfielder at all today. Did he get into the box?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2017, 07:43:52 PM »
Poor second half. We never came out. I thought we got it massively wrong with the selection and system although first half nothing of note happened.

Neves ran it for them but he was allowed to as we were so out numbered in midfield. Onomah should have started and they wouldn't have been able to ghost behind if Wehaln was just screening.

The ball was recycled too cheaply and big players like Snoddgrass and Kodjia were dire.

That second half though. Christ. The goal was coming a mile away. We just couldn't get out.

Far too much time on the ball and space...because the energy was low brought on by the system gifting them too much time and space.

We need to have been braver and changed a winning side.

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:11 PM »
Our performance was really embarrassing.  We are seventh in the League and our Manager has been in charge for a year.  I would think that is a perfect position for the Board of Directors to review the Managers performance taking into account the money we have spent on Transfer Fees and wages compared with our rivals.
Is our manager capable of gaining us promotion ?
If the answer is that we think he isn't then this is the perfect time to sack him. We would be acting from a position of relative strength and giving the new Manager a chance of a run at promotion including the January window.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »

I didn't think that Whelan was played as a box to box midfielder at all today. Did he get into the box?

He's just getting back in to position right now for kick off after the first goal. The Slug, completely immobile.

Online billhicks

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »
Not to make excuses but how many of their team were on international duty the last fortnight not many so they had two full weeks of training to get ready for one match

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2017, 07:46:01 PM »
If he insists on playing CH as the deep midfielder then surely he has to be paired with JO. At least he has energy and is a threat. Whelan, if he has to play has one purpose. To sit deep and pass sideways and break up play. If he's not being asked to do that then he's of no use.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal