collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Aston Villa Pre-Match thread  (Read 24705 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Wolves v Aston Villa Pre-Match thread
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2017, 11:22:06 PM »
3-1 to Villa. Wolves won’t stop us.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
Nailed on away win. FTF

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2017, 11:25:43 PM »
I'm worried about left back. I imagine it will be Hutton, against possibly the best player in the league

They're weak at set pieces so I fancy Snoddy to set up Terry, Chester or Davis to score
Do you think Bruce might go 3 at the back?

Don't think so after the experiment at Bristol City.  From listening to WM over the past few weeks, they apparently play a 3-4-3 but lack a real focal point up front.  I fear us getting overrun in midfield with just Whelan and Hourihane in there,

Offline Damo70

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2017, 11:35:23 PM »
2-1 to Wolves. I hope I'm wrong. I might even have a bet on Wolves just to jinx them.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2017, 11:36:06 PM »
2-1 to Wolves. I hope I'm wrong. I might even have a bet on Wolves just to jinx them.

Make them the last game on your acca, that usually does the trick!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2017, 11:52:33 PM »

Make them the last game on your acca, that usually does the trick!

Just for you, if for some reason Wolves are not the last Championship team on the coupon I will write my Championship selections onto a plain slip and put Wolves as my last selection.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2017, 05:05:19 AM »
As a sign of how far we have fallen, I’ll be happy to get a draw with Wolves. It doesn’t
Sound right saying that, but i’d Be happy with 1-1. Usually when we play them,
A draw feels like a loss, not now though. A win would really make me think we’ve turned the corner.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 06:40:31 AM »
Our form doesn't count as we only battered Barnsley and Burton. It appears to be lost on them as to who they've recently played.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2017, 06:53:30 AM »
wolves fans at work are really confident

They reckon if we allow them to play there normal quick passing game we will not have a chance. One of them reckons the way to beat Wolves is to play like Cardiff did against them earlier this season, to get stuck in to them, and not give them time on the ball

Therefore based on the above I can see us losing 2-1, a tough run of games coming up for Bruce.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »
They also seem to think the best centre half in the league, by an absolute mile, is our weak link. Their adolescent front three are unplayable. We're a bunch of cloggers. We will get battered. Apparently.

I don't know, maybe we will get beat. But to be fair the last time we played them we won 3-0 and won the Super Cup in the process.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2017, 07:35:51 AM »
That site has some delusional Dingles on it. Read the stadium expansion thread.
Was reading that the other day, comedy gold. Saying they should be aiming for a 60,000 stadium and could eventually fill it every week because 'wim massive'. The irony is lost on them however that on the 'Aston Villa attendance' thread they're all getting excited because they've sold 27,000 tickets, but still haven't managed to sell out.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
That site has some delusional Dingles on it. Read the stadium expansion thread.
Was reading that the other day, comedy gold. Saying they should be aiming for a 60,000 stadium and could eventually fill it every week because 'wim massive'. The irony is lost on them however that on the 'Aston Villa attendance' thread they're all getting excited because they've sold 27,000 tickets, but still haven't managed to sell out.

They're a bunch of cretins on that site, the irony of those two threads is completely lost on them. They might beat us Saturday, but they're nowhere near as good as they think. Same old Wolves, I don't mind them when they're not on form, they're down to earth normal fans. But when they string a run together they think they've turned into Barcelona. They have no idea what we're capable of, this will be a close game and I really hope we knock them down a peg.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2017, 10:25:09 AM »
2-0. Back to earth with a bump.

Offline maigrait

• GM : 12.07.2019
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2017, 10:29:19 AM »
Heart says 2-2. Head says probably 3-1 to them. I hope not, brother is a Wolves fan - it'll be endless ribbing...

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2017, 10:44:26 AM »
Wolves fans are great; the right ones can provide hours of fun. When they're doing badly, which is most of the time, their capacity for self-delusion is immense. No club, ground or set of supporters can match theirs and they're like Manchester United in their belief that nothing can touch them and everyone else is jealous. A modicum of success and they're on their way to world domination - again, because beating a handful of post-war eastern European clubs in friendlies was way better than Real Madrid's five successive European Cups. Chorley never happened, they'll argue until they're puce that they never got crowds of three thousand and if you disagree me an yow ahtside now. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal