collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Aston Villa Pre-Match thread  (Read 24820 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Wolves v Aston Villa Pre-Match thread
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
Wolves fans are great; the right ones can provide hours of fun. When they're doing badly, which is most of the time, their capacity for self-delusion is immense. No club, ground or set of supporters can match theirs and they're like Manchester United in their belief that nothing can touch them and everyone else is jealous. A modicum of success and they're on their way to world domination - again, because beating a handful of post-war eastern European clubs in friendlies was way better than Real Madrid's five successive European Cups. Chorley never happened, they'll argue until they're puce that they never got crowds of three thousand and if you disagree me an yow ahtside now. 

It wont surprise you then that we're shit as we've only beat Barnsley, Burton and Forest (who coincidentally are the three sides they've beaten in their last four games) and on their march towards Premier League glory will need to share our ground with us while they build a 60,000 seater.

And no, I am not joking.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 01:03:05 PM »
I can see a 0:0 here

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
Terry will be fully rested as will Whelan and Hourianne as neither had any game time.

The game hinges on 2 issues

1. The troublesome LB slot - either of Hutton or Bjork will really weaken us - even though only a kid we should put Clark there or DeLaet who is used to that role
2. Bruce's mentality. If he goes to sit back and soak up then we could be in trouble - I really think the best way to nullify their attack is to make them worry about ours more.

The most important thing for me is that over the recent turn up in results I am really looking forward to this game - really make a change from being a chore.

Queue a miserable defeat  :(

If we go there to attack they'll counter us and rip us to pieces on the break. Bruce's usual soak up pressure and take our chances would suit us more here. Kodjia, Adomah and Snodgrass are key for us here, we need to take our chances.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
Wolves fans are great; the right ones can provide hours of fun. When they're doing badly, which is most of the time, their capacity for self-delusion is immense. No club, ground or set of supporters can match theirs and they're like Manchester United in their belief that nothing can touch them and everyone else is jealous. A modicum of success and they're on their way to world domination - again, because beating a handful of post-war eastern European clubs in friendlies was way better than Real Madrid's five successive European Cups. Chorley never happened, they'll argue until they're puce that they never got crowds of three thousand and if you disagree me an yow ahtside now. 

It wont surprise you then that we're shit as we've only beat Barnsley, Burton and Forest (who coincidentally are the three sides they've beaten in their last four games) and on their march towards Premier League glory will need to share our ground with us while they build a 60,000 seater.

And no, I am not joking.

Hopefully they decide to rebuild the ground and are forced into a groundshare with Albion, though I can't see anyone letting them groundshare, least of all Albion. Then they'd come back to their 60,000 seated stadium completely unable to half fill it.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2017, 02:06:55 PM »
Facts are they're 2nd in the league, playing their best football for years and they're playing the biggest team in the region on Saturday. Yet they can't hit 30,000 and are wetting their pants at selling 27,000 home tickets. If roles were reversed how many would we get? I reckon we'd have got 36/37k maybe more, if we were 2nd in the league.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »
Facts are they're 2nd in the league, playing their best football for years and they're playing the biggest team in the region on Saturday. Yet they can't hit 30,000 and are wetting their pants at selling 27,000 home tickets. If roles were reversed how many would we get? I reckon we'd have got 36/37k maybe more, if we were 2nd in the league.

When we are 2nd

Offline Villa75

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »
If our team falls apart just because Taylor is out we really are fucked this season.

Do people really think our success, or not, hangs on such a delicate thread?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2017, 04:47:15 PM »
If we go there to attack they'll counter us and rip us to pieces on the break

Any reason why we can't hit them on the counter and rip them to pieces ? It's Wolves we're playing not Madrid  ;D

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2017, 04:47:25 PM »
A fifth win on the slap, and an away win at that? Against the second team in the league? In a derby? On telly? Hmmm. Doesn't sound very Villa, does it?

If we win I'll consider that corner well and truly turned. I just can't see it, though. 2:0 to the dogheads.

We have turned a corner. We will win.

Please believe it.

2-1 Villa.

The Kodge will score from open play.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2017, 04:49:04 PM »
If our team falls apart just because Taylor is out we really are fucked this season.

I don't know, but it's about time Taylor got some long overdue praise. Came in, seemingly unwanted by most, got his head down and to me has been as good a left back as we've had in years. Solid, unspectacular but a perfect fit

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2017, 04:55:12 PM »

I don't know, but it's about time Taylor got some long overdue praise. Came in, seemingly unwanted by most, got his head down and to me has been as good a left back as we've had in years. Solid, unspectacular but a perfect fit

Absolutely. I can't think of too many games where i've come away thinking he's been poor.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »
Should be a real test of whether Bruce has turned the corner with us or we've just been recent flat track bullies.  Based on what I've seen of us I fear the latter and I'm going for a 2-0 defeat.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »
Must say that Taylor has been a plus for us. Never going to be a headline grabber but at this level he does what he is supposed to do.  ... He does his job

Offline russon

« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2017, 06:59:11 PM »
2-0 Wolves. One (or four) swallows do not a summer make.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2017, 07:03:36 PM »
I am looking forward to it. We have played some pretty entertaining stuff recently. Should be a good game.

As for Wolves, well they are the least annoying other local club of decent size so thats something :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal