collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 03:19:14 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Aston Villa Pre-Match thread  (Read 24872 times)

Offline auntiesledd

Re: Wolves v Aston Villa Pre-Match thread
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2017, 11:50:45 AM »
I'd be happy with a point - yet still hope we can find a way of snaffling all 3. Dare I dream the dream?

Hmmmmmmm...

UTV

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2017, 11:51:39 AM »
Inspired by a post on the Other Games thread, I thought this was interesting. Not just the oldest derby but the (joint) oldest league match.

http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/first-ever-football-matches/

Offline postal

« Reply #152 on: October 14, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »
A draw would be ok, but I think it will show how far we have come as a team to be more robust.
 Wolves might just have a little more.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #153 on: October 14, 2017, 12:13:58 PM »
Wolves traditionally bigger than  the Villa is like saying we are bigger than Man United or Real Madrid.
Are you saying we are not? :-\ :'(

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2017, 12:18:30 PM »
We took an away following last year to their place bigger than some of their home gates in the 4th division. And some of them are actually serious when they ponder if they're bigger.

Deluded. They're utterly deluded.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2017, 12:28:32 PM »
To say they have shit support is rubbish, since the last 34 seasons they've only spent 4 seasons in the top flight and over the last few seasons have still averaged around 20k. During that time even dropped into the 4th tier of English tier. Gotta be one of the most loyal fans in the country.

Regarding size would put them alongside Blues as the 2nd biggest clubs in our area.

Villa Lew they have always had home support when they were in the 1st Division in the 70's their attendances  were on a par with Coventry's

Online frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »
Just setting off from deepest Sussex and feeling unusually confident. Could this be the day we overtake Bristol City?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2017, 12:44:13 PM »
To say they have shit support is rubbish, since the last 34 seasons they've only spent 4 seasons in the top flight and over the last few seasons have still averaged around 20k. During that time even dropped into the 4th tier of English tier. Gotta be one of the most loyal fans in the country.

Regarding size would put them alongside Blues as the 2nd biggest clubs in our area.

Villa Lew they have always had home support when they were in the 1st Division in the 70's their attendances  were on a par with Coventry's

Yeah, but their crowds only looked low because the ground was in two separate posts codes back then. Or something.

Offline Bungle

• http://www.loftys-stores.co.uk
« Reply #158 on: October 14, 2017, 01:10:42 PM »

Yeah, but their crowds only looked low because the ground was in two separate posts codes back then. Or something.
At sometime around then a new stand was built behind the existing one, and when it was complete the old was demolished leaving a gap between that and the pitch.  The capacity was probably not impeded, but I doubt it did much for the atmosphere.

Online LeeB

« Reply #159 on: October 14, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »

At sometime around then a new stand was built behind the existing one, and when it was complete the old was demolished leaving a gap between that and the pitch.  The capacity was probably not impeded, but I doubt it did much for the atmosphere.

They had two stands condemned for ages. The fucking tramps.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #160 on: October 14, 2017, 01:54:13 PM »
A game where the Villa can show the rest of the division some intent, win today and those above us will start to look over their shoulders. Come on the Villa.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #161 on: October 14, 2017, 01:58:36 PM »

They're much bigger than Blues, as are Albion. Which isn't really saying much.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2017, 02:41:38 PM »
A game I would love us to win. Not because of them being local, but because I think they are cheating big time on the FFP rules and the agent thing with 3rd party ownership - something is seriously amiss there and will wash out eventually. Dodgy.

However, as they have 3-4 players that would probably fetch 15-25 million I fully expect us to get a pasting. Pace hurts us and they have it.

Online LeeB

« Reply #163 on: October 14, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »

They're much bigger than Blues, as are Albion. Which isn't really saying much.

I believe Warwick Davis is much bigger than Vern Troyer.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #164 on: October 14, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »
Been in pub ten minutes and won seventy quid on the horses. It's our lucky day!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal