collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: AVFC Lions Clubs  (Read 9287 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: AVFC Lions Clubs
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:50 AM »
Yep no point in organised travel from Manc, just as easy, unbelievably, on the M6 or cheap split Ticket Trains.

Online Neil Hawkes

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »
Thanks Legion, that list is great.
I will contact AVSC Cyprus Andreas Georgiou; after my trip.

Offline exigo

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 10:02:12 AM »
People are right in that there is a much better road structure (until you reach J6a) but seeing so many Villa on trains travelling back to Crewe and Manchester still makes me think someone needs to take the bull by the horns or in our case the Lion by his mane. 

If villa fans in Preston/Newton Le  Willows/ Dorset- Bournemouth can organise regular travel, then there must be scope from the bigger cities.

Most Saturdays you can get the train from London to Birmingham for £11. Where's the attraction in organised travel there?

Exactly this. And it's massively quicker – I can be home through the door in SE1 before 7:30 after a 3pm kick-off.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
Anyone know if there is Berkshire group? I live in West Berks and would be good to car share now and again.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 03:29:37 PM »
Without knowing for sure, I would think that a lot of the UK distance  Lions Clubs are suffering not only from the relegation directly but from the lack of 3pm kick offs.

Shame that London being such a large city/area cannot organise travel on a  weekly basis but I suppose people have much more choice as to time off activities  as well as the expense of modern day football.

When we started the new London Lions we were told there were 10,000 exiled Villa fans down here for the taking, "build it and they will come" we were told. We've built it but despite, between, the four of us (North, East, South and West London) having over 500 members there's only enough interest to get 2/3 coaches a season. We have (almost) our own bar in Elephant and Castle and the London Lions Football Team doing the rounds. We're spreading the love but people have other priorities.   

Of those 10,000 exiled Villans, only 5 of us managed to get to Millwall on that Friday night. They'll all want Wembley tickets though........

Kingthing does a great job of herding the London Villa cats, sorting tickets, sorting pubs out, getting oversized Lions flags knocked up.I wouldn't be going to half the games if it wasn't for him.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »
Without knowing for sure, I would think that a lot of the UK distance  Lions Clubs are suffering not only from the relegation directly but from the lack of 3pm kick offs.

Shame that London being such a large city/area cannot organise travel on a  weekly basis but I suppose people have much more choice as to time off activities  as well as the expense of modern day football.

When we started the new London Lions we were told there were 10,000 exiled Villa fans down here for the taking, "build it and they will come" we were told. We've built it but despite, between, the four of us (North, East, South and West London) having over 500 members there's only enough interest to get 2/3 coaches a season. We have (almost) our own bar in Elephant and Castle and the London Lions Football Team doing the rounds. We're spreading the love but people have other priorities.   

Of those 10,000 exiled Villans, only 5 of us managed to get to Millwall on that Friday night. They'll all want Wembley tickets though........

Kingthing does a great job of herding the London Villa cats, sorting tickets, sorting pubs out, getting oversized Lions flags knocked up.I wouldn't be going to half the games if it wasn't for him.

Oh shut ya face.

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 06:30:40 PM »
Wasn't gonna star a new thread but may as well put it in here.

Anyone know if there's any Villans in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)? Am off to Vietnam and Cambodia soon for three weeks and will be in Saigon for the Blues game.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »
Wasn't gonna star a new thread but may as well put it in here.

Anyone know if there's any Villans in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City)? Am off to Vietnam and Cambodia soon for three weeks and will be in Saigon for the Blues game.

Not far enough away from there for my liking.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »

Oh shut ya face.

I'm not complimenting you, I'm accusing you of facilitating almost a decade of misery

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 09:10:04 PM »

Oh shut ya face.

I'm not complimenting you, I'm accusing you of facilitating almost a decade of misery

There's more coming your way . It'll be the Christmas outing soon.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »
I come from Preston every game but the cost of organised travel e.g. at least £10-15 a game is prohibitive when you have 3 kids.  Much cheaper to drive £15quid petrol and 5 parking. If I was on my tod I would look to go in  club

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »
Kingthing, where do you watch TV games?

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 12:03:37 PM »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 12:24:56 PM »
Cheers Mate
I am sometimes in town when the match is on.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »

Oh shut ya face.

There's more coming your way . It'll be the Christmas outing soon.

Brilliant - can we hold it in Millwall?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal