collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers Post-Match Thread  (Read 38648 times)

Online AlexAlexCropley

Re: Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers Post-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2017, 05:40:56 PM »
That was an awful performance and shows why Bruce will ultimately come up short.

Yeah, because all of the competition in this division play like a combo of Brazil 70/ Holland 74 every single week.
Do they?
Bolton didn't and could easily have got a draw.

If my aunts had bollocks.

LOL. And we could easily have won 2-0 had Kod passed when he should have. Swings and roundabouts. We won, thats it. And if you give me winning over playing like Brazil, I'll take winning first and then playing like Brazil. When Leeds won the league title, I dont think they cared much about either how they played or how they were perceived.
Which title? I would argue they were attractive to watch all three times

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »
Win's a win and up to top 6. Improve the performance, but not going to complain at 12 from 12.

We're not top 6.

Oh yeah 7th, but we're getting there. Next game against Wolves is going to be very interesting.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2017, 05:45:06 PM »
The ref was utterly deplorable.

I've mentioned before how bad some of the refs are in the Championship but this one was the worst I recall. As shockingly crap as he was it doesn't excuse how pointless we were today. A game where you're grateful for the 3 points and try and bleach the game from your memory. Thank god for the international break, it couldn't come at a better time.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
It certainly didn't sound like sparkling fare today, but another 3 points & a clean sheet isn't to be sniffed at. Here's hoping for a similar outcome in the showdown with Wolves.

UTV

Offline Diablo

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2017, 05:46:44 PM »
That was an awful performance and shows why Bruce will ultimately come up short.

Yeah, because all of the competition in this division play like a combo of Brazil 70/ Holland 74 every single week.

We're closer to El Salvador 70/ Zaire 74!!
👏👏👏

Hahaha! Superb!

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2017, 05:47:05 PM »
4/5 points max coming in October, in my opinion.

Why be so gloomy after 14 points from 18 and 4 wins on the bounce, SilhillVilla Villa75?

I thought it was an argubot?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »
This is one of those games that come Monday we won't care how we played, we took the points. Winning is lovely

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2017, 05:49:21 PM »
Ugly win but the three points is all that matters. The referee was an absolute joke today I'd like to see the red again I didn't think it was. Interesting to see Terry having us kick into the Holte again first half, not the first time he's done that this season. Good to go into the break with a win next month will be the real test of where we are.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2017, 05:54:19 PM »
Win is a win!

Performance was poor, do genuinely feel sorry for Whelan & Hourihane, in front of them is still not quite right as they look up and see 4 stood in a row not really moving for them - there is a definite role for someone to play centrally as a 10 linking the centre of midfield to the forwards, whether that is a Snodgrass or Grealish when fit? So difficult to get the balance right.

What the hell was Kodjia doing not squaring that ball to Adomah? Got out of jail winning the penalty but hope was an appalling bit of play.

Referee - haha!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 05:59:40 PM by Gareth »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2017, 05:57:34 PM »
4/5 points max coming in October, in my opinion.

Why be so gloomy after 14 points from 18 and 4 wins on the bounce, SilhillVilla Villa75?

Lovely to have his boundless optimism and enthusiasm on board again.

Offline shipscat

• I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 06:01:39 PM »
The ref had a certain Mr Mainwaring quality to him.Even his kit captured the vibe of it.You can tell he had that vague feeling of incompetence when both sides were agast at his levels of (in)ability

Although,from my view Kodija appeared miles offside for his one on one..Which we gained the penalty from the resulting corner.

Very pleasing that the Terry/Chester axis of destruction appears to be extremely solid now.Also,honourable mentions to Snodgrass (combined well with Elhomandy in the second) and Hourihane who both looked lively.Thought Whelan did well mopping up too,despite the murmurs around me.

We've now got a platform for the hard slog ahead,and whilst we can't afford another  winless run,followed by Brucie back to basics,we have put ourselves in the pack.With momentum.Good

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 06:02:38 PM »
We ground out that victory and I don't think anybody could argue.

We dominated without threatening.

I felt we were a little jaded to be honest. Whelan looked slower, Davis seemed fatigued as he couldn't hold the ball up and his touch was poor.

Hourihane was a bit too deep for me. There was no protection from the constant fouling; climbing, pushing, shirt pulling and that abomination of a referee, crikey. I cannot see what Taylor was sent off for, he appeared to win the ball. I will have to see it again.

No real threat from them until the 90th minute and we got good blocks in.

I thought the subs were the right ones to make. When we stopped playing it so direct, we moved the ball a lot quicker and could have scored a couple, actually working their keeper.

The performance was nowhere as slick as Burton, but we found a way to win. That defence as well is solid as a rock.

Highlights are up on sky - here - it's a definite red for me, studs up a foot off the floor, it's the same stupid challenge he made against Coleman in the wales/ireland game.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
If we go up, we'll look back at that win as to how we did it. We had to work for it and we're going to get those now and again. I'm really pleased with it.

And yes, the ref was diabolical.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »
Every night Before he goes to bed, Bruce should offer up a prayer and thank the lord for Kodjia.

It’s no coincidence that our successful September has coincided with his return to the team, and it was only his magic feet today that caused them Bolton problems that gave us the win.

Yes, it’s nice to grind out results when you are not playing well, but fucking hell it was boring.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:14 PM »
Happy with another 3 points and another clean sheet, onwards and upwards.
And some are still whining when were winning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal