collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Invincibles vs Forest post-match thread  (Read 16984 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Invincibles vs Forest post-match thread
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2017, 10:44:06 AM »
They had more possession we made better us of ours. They play a lot of neat football around the half way line but other than the period after half time I thought we mostly picked them off as soon as they advanced further. Of course I would love to see a more adventurous style but first and foremost I want us to win. A good chance now for another 2 wins this week which would likely see us in the top 6.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
Passes the ball for fun...in their own half and square. Yet another side who are utterly toothless in possession. All the penetration of a damp wheatabix.

There's a lot of teams like that in this division.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:22 AM »
Passes the ball for fun...in their own half and square. Yet another side who are utterly toothless in possession. All the penetration of a damp wheatabix.

There's a lot of teams like that in this division.

It works against us on their home grounds.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2017, 11:00:51 AM »
The absolute top teams in the division need both possession through keeping/passing and penetration. So I am hoping by January February we are doing that otherwise we will hang around 8th, 9th, 10th.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »
The absolute top teams in the division need both possession through keeping/passing and penetration. So I am hoping by January February we are doing that otherwise we will hang around 8th, 9th, 10th.

I think playing like we are will be plenty good enough for the top 6 but we need a bit extra for automatic promotion.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
Just me who thought Terry should've done better for the goal?

Surprised how easily Murphy held him off and then turned. Think that is what surprised Chester aswell as he just stood still and allowed the shot to come in.

Going on the highlights Murphy seemed to bully our centre halves. Walked through them for the goal but had other great chances.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
Pleased with the win, but we've only papered over some pretty big cracks. For me, there is not enough pace and movement in the midfield and the defence is starting to worry me as well. The quality we do have in Adomah, Kodja and Horihane's left foot, won us the game.

That said, there seems to be a good team spirit and we have improved from the early slump.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2017, 12:13:16 PM »

Surprised how easily Murphy held him off and then turned. Think that is what surprised Chester aswell as he just stood still and allowed the shot to come in.

Going on the highlights Murphy seemed to bully our centre halves. Walked through them for the goal but had other great chances.

Not quite, Whelan played the perfect through ball to Murphy!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:14:47 PM by Villafirst »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2017, 12:25:45 PM »

Sorry what other great chances? Watching it at VP yesterday I thought he was the biggest donkey in their team.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »

Sorry what other great chances? Watching it at VP yesterday I thought he was the biggest donkey in their team.

He is a good striker at this level.

50 goals in 127 games for Ipswich

Has 5 in 9 for Forest.

I wouldn't have had an issue with us signing him as a cheapo targetman option before the emergence of Davis.

With the way we play he'd have been a much better value signing than Hogan anyway.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »
They had more possession we made better us of ours. They play a lot of neat football around the half way line but other than the period after half time I thought we mostly picked them off as soon as they advanced further. Of course I would love to see a more adventurous style but first and foremost I want us to win. A good chance now for another 2 wins this week which would likely see us in the top 6.

Agree with this Chris. Forest made the game dull at times with this non threatening possession football from one side of the pitch to the other.

They must have passed it in their own half 150+ times. The game would have been better for both sides if they'd tried to hit their striker earlier but I think we'd have probably found more space and created more opportunities if they'd done that.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2017, 12:47:37 PM »
Whilst a win is always welcome the performance was little better than the Brentford game.  I went with a mate who is a Leeds fan and we both found much of the game boring.   I can't understand why we are not going for the throat at home, especially when we are a goal to the good.  We just cede possession and impetus way too frequently.  We only won because of two moments of rare quality amongst the general mediocrity.  I don't think we deserved to win that to be honest, but I'll take it.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »
Forest had us camped in our own half before we scored. At that point I thought we were being dominated but the goal opened up the game and we played the better football, creating chances to increase the lead. Second half we were poor and I couldn't see how we were going to get another. We forced Forest to start their attacks from their keeper and full backs which must have drained them having to start all over again from scratch.

It was three important points, an ugly win but we are at least climbing the table. There's not a great deal of comfort to take from the performance and still tonnes of work to do at Bodymoor Heath. My fear is we'll be good enough to reach the play offs but not for promotion.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2017, 02:00:05 PM »
I'm really pleased with the three points we need to continue the momentum on too Burton and get another win we are within touching distance of the playoffs lets keep getting these wins I thought Kodija played well he had a hand in both of our goals when he gets back to full fitness he will score lots of goals again.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »
Guessing it's already been said but Snodgrass, smaller nads than Downing!?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal