collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Re: Short term - back up to Davis by Breezeblock
[Today at 09:12:49 AM]

Re: Short term - back up to Davis by Dave
[Today at 09:06:36 AM]

Re: The All-New Patronise The Plucky Little Neighbours Thread. by Damo70
[Today at 08:49:00 AM]

Re: Bruce out? by Ads
[Today at 08:42:59 AM]

Re: Keinan Davis by Ads
[Today at 08:41:26 AM]

Author Topic: Celta Vigo Fined for Low Attendances  (Read 689 times)

Online Richard E

• coach
  • GM : 06.02.2017
Celta Vigo Fined for Low Attendances
« on: September 20, 2017, 12:54:17 PM »
<Insert sarcy Villa/Blose etc related comment of your choice here.>

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/20/celta-vigo-fined-la-liga-low-attendances/

Online cdbullyweefan

• prolific poster
  • I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 19.01.2017
Re: Celta Vigo Fined for Low Attendances
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »
Good idea if it forces fans to lower their prices. Hopefully the same rules will be applied consistently though, there were only 51,645 at the Nou Camp yesterday.

Online Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »
Maybe attendances in La Liga would be better if they shared out the money more fairly as opposed to letting Real and Barca negotiate seperate TV deals to the rest of the league.

Offline Ad@m

• coach
  • GM : 19.01.2016
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »
Maybe attendances in La Liga would be better if they shared out the money more fairly as opposed to letting Real and Barca negotiate seperate TV deals to the rest of the league.

That changed in 2015 - Spanish TV rights are now sold via collective bargaining.  Not sure how the money's split though - Real and Barca probably still get the lion's share.

Offline Toronto Villa

• prolific poster
  • GM : 04.05.2016
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 05:49:43 PM »
I wanted to go see Barcelona vs Españyol while I was over recently. The game ended up being moved from Sunday to Saturday so instead of watching Messi bag a hat trick I watched us stroke ourselves at home to Brentford. Anyway...online the cheapest ticket was shown at €125 which was fucking outrageous. Then watching the highlights there was loads of empty seats. Pisses me off that fans actually want to go to games but the prices shown are ludicrous. Mind you as a comparison cheapest tickets for El Classico, a mere €875.

Offline Chris Jameson

• prolific poster
  • DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »
From my only previous visit I think that basically all (or most) of the tickets are taken up by season ticket holders who then are able to put them on sale if they decide not to go to the game. I was struggling to get two tickets together but spotted nearer the time of the match seats suddenly became available.

Offline Ad@m

• coach
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:00:55 PM »
I saw Barcelona thump someone (can't remember who) in a league match a few years back and just bought tickets from one of the Barca club shops in the town centre the day before.  They weren't outrageously priced either.

Offline SoccerHQ

• prolific poster
  • GM : 19.05.2016
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 11:17:27 PM »
There's a stall on Las Ramblas, sells all the merchandise and also the match tickets.

Like Adam has said you can get tickets there for most league games for 40/50 quid. Only El Clasico and the knock out Champions league games are no goes.

I watched them play Getafe 18 months back and the tickets for the Arsenal game 3 days later in the CL were double/triple the price in many sections.

It's funny actually watching the game. We deride Man. United/Liverpool for all their far east support but watching behind the goal at Camp Nou the majority were English accents so obviously tourists watching like our group was.

Interesting what percentage of their regular crowd are dyed in the wool Catalans and how much the tourist aspect inflates their crowd for many games.

Offline Ad@m

• coach
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 11:18:54 PM »
Yep, when I was there the atmosphere was dreadful, which I suspect was down to half the stadium being tourists.

Offline SoccerHQ

• prolific poster
  • GM : 19.05.2016
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »
Yep, when I was there the atmosphere was dreadful, which I suspect was down to half the stadium being tourists.

It was the same for Getafe (ended 6-0). Fans only raise themselves for the Madrid games or needing to score 4 goals in 5 minutes to knock out PSG from the champions league.

Funnily enough exactly the same thing we criticism Man. United and Liverpool for!

Camp Nou is an amazing stadium though. Wouldn't want to sit right at the top though.

Offline Ad@m

• coach
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 11:25:21 PM »

It was the same for Getafe (ended 6-0). Fans only raise themselves for the Madrid games or needing to score 4 goals in 5 minutes to knock out PSG from the champions league.

Funnily enough exactly the same thing we criticism Man. United and Liverpool for!

Camp Nou is an amazing stadium though. Wouldn't want to sit right at the top though.

Better now than 20 years ago when it was a terrace!

Offline KRS

• international
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 05:09:52 AM »
Went to Barcelona for a long weekend and the Camp Nou for a game in January. A pair of tickets online via Viagogo for the second tier behind the goal cost approx €150. It was pretty cold with and the atmosphere was pretty dead apart which is why I suppose they have the guy on the mic orchestrating things at the front. Got to see Messi and Suarez score a few goals in a comfortable 5-0 win...and we were sat next to a couple from tut north.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:14:51 AM by KRS »

Offline Des Little

• coach
  • GM : 05.02.2017
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 01:15:37 PM »
The Nou Camp is like a theatre, full of camera happy day trippers.  WhenI went with a few lads the other year, we got told to sit down for standing up and clapping a goal. 

Offline Comrade Blitz

• player manager
  • GM : 11.07.2017
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 01:22:02 PM »
Yep, when I was there the atmosphere was dreadful, which I suspect was down to half the stadium being glory hunters.

Fixed that for you.