collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Two years ago today (13th Sep 2015)  (Read 3300 times)

Online Deano's Mullet

Re: Two years ago today (13th Sep 2015)
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 06:56:09 AM »
I honestly think we'd still have gone down regardless of if we'd won that game. Let's face it the team was shocking. As for the game itself though yes it was all too predictable once they scored their first.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 07:17:39 AM »
I'm amazed we blew it that day, it's obvious what he wanted the players doing.

Wow, this is the same time as the substitution I highlighted earlier. Doesn't look in control does he??

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 08:30:29 AM »

A Tic-Tac man rehearsing for a part in a Monty Python semaphore sketch.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »
After all our summer transfer dealings I was actually excited about how the season would go. I was looking forward to mid table at least after a few years of struggle. Looking back now those optimistic days of mine seem as long ago as when I believed in Father Christmas.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »
After all our summer transfer dealings I was actually excited about how the season would go. I was looking forward to mid table at least after a few years of struggle. Looking back now those optimistic days of mine seem as long ago as when I believed in Father Christmas.

Me too. With Sherwood in charge I thought we'd lose a few but win a few as well with plenty of goals. We were right but unfortunately they were all at one end every game. The kit was nice at least.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 06:38:21 PM »

Me too. With Sherwood in charge I thought we'd lose a few but win a few as well with plenty of goals. We were right but unfortunately they were all at one end every game. The kit was nice at least.

The kit was nice because it never got dirty.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 10:28:03 PM »

I'm not sure if it was the moment when it all became inevitable, but it was the day that proved Sherwood was a chancer and out of his depth.

Sherwood gets plenty of flak on here (plenty of it justified) but that game we played really well for an hour (outplaying that seasons champions) and the goal Gil scored was fantastic.

Some of the spells in games we had under Sherwood we looked a very decent side going forward (Palace away just before we had another decent half but couldn't score and then defensive errors killed us).

Of course it all fell apart from that day and our league form collapsed.

Edit: Just realised Kante didn't start for them that day and he came on at 0-2. Probably as crucial for Leicester not just winning the game but getting him integrated into the team.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »

Wow, this is the same time as the substitution I highlighted earlier. Doesn't look in control does he??

I always thought he was trying to make the point to the players about turning over play quicker as the Leicester goals were flying in (he mentioned that in his emotional interview afterwards) but given the score it actually seems to me he was gesturing at the ref he wanted the subs on in very exaggerated fashion.

Offline Canadian Villa

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »

I always thought he was trying to make the point to the players about turning over play quicker as the Leicester goals were flying in (he mentioned that in his emotional interview afterwards) but given the score it actually seems to me he was gesturing at the ref he wanted the subs on in very exaggerated fashion.

He's doing a gesture that you would tell 11 years old's to run around a bit and create space.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal