collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:11:13 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Richard E
[Today at 10:08:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:08:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rougegorge
[Today at 10:08:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Jane
[Today at 10:05:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:04:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV82EC
[Today at 10:04:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV82EC
[Today at 10:03:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Consultation Group meeting - minutes added  (Read 11139 times)

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
Re: Fans Consultation Group meeting
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
Sorry posted same post twice

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 09:32:00 PM »
If/when the parachute money from the top division runs out, to what extent are the AVFC board expecting to be in breach of FFP rules?

Why was the majority of this summer's  budget spent largely on players with no resale value?

To what extent are Steve Bruce's signings vetted by the board?

Does Wynness take responsibility for the pathetic failure to even challenge for promotion last season given the budget given to both RDM and Bruce?

If promotion is not achieved this season will Wynness resign?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 09:34:36 PM »
It used to be the case that they wouldn't comment on playing matters, does that still stand?

That's not a question for the meeting BTW.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 09:35:31 PM »
The school thing is good and bad. The tickets for schools they used was very good for kids that were Villa fans. However having been near large groups of school kids on a trip to VP a number of times, they can be a right pain. Most don't give a shit about Villa and if they're there for a 'glamour' game most of them are supporting the opposition.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »
It used to be the case that they wouldn't comment on playing matters, does that still stand?

That's not a question for the meeting BTW.

Pretty much so, and I can understand why.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 09:37:36 PM »
Not wanting to get into the catering spiral of the General Krulak period but it was noticeable that some kiosks were closed at some games this season and both programme kiosks in the Upper Holte were closed for the Norwich game which, from speaking to a senior steward,  seemed to be the result of a breakdown in communication about regular staff holidays. There were people trying to spend money and couldn't which can't be good for thst revenue stream in the long term.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 10:21:19 PM »
Dave, for me would be the same query as previous times, are there any plans to improve the PA/tannoy quality?  I sit in the Upper Doug and when anything is announced it is barely audible, when they try and speak over music it is way worse!  Having sat in Lower Trinity for the Watford game that seemed as bad....

Offline Skerra

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 10:40:13 PM »
Dave, If you get the chance, could you please ask if concession price will be given from next season, for over 65's for season tickets, in any part of the ground.
 I have asked the question but, reply I received a couple of months ago was, it was being discussed. However, I've heard nothing since.
Thanks

Online tomd2103

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »
Couple of minor things that have been mentioned before:

Could some kind of covering be put over the empty seats in the top tier of the Trinity Road stand when it is not open as a whole section of empty seats doesn't look great. 

Is there any way the Acorns logo could be put on children's kits seeing as they don't currently have a sponsor on them?

Maybe we could cover some of the empty seats at the top of the Trinity on occasions it is not officially open with some freebies to under privileged or poorly kids? I'm pretty sure any of us who are more fortunate who pay for ourselves and our kids wouldn't object to that. It would be far more heart warming looking and listening to them rather than empty silent seats.

Well yes that would be a good idea.  Dave and PWS have mentioned there have been some issues in the past with school groups, but if they were seated in what would otherwise be an empty top tier of the Trinity Road then that might negate some of those issues mentioned.

I forgot to add, that I was told at the start of last season that I couldn't buy a season ticket in the back rows of the lower North Stand because they weren't on sale as it was to be redeveloped to include a disabled section this summer.  I therefore didn't buy a season ticket and just bought individual tickets instead.  This season has come around and there has been literally no change at all (apart from the executive box windows finally having the ball marks cleaned off them that were there all last season).  What happened there?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 12:04:37 AM »
I think it would highlight the emptiness of the ground. As well as looking a bit shit, it might also put them off coming again as they wouldn't feel properly part of the atmosphere, if that makes sense.

I'd rather stick them in the North Stand (there's no atmosphere there either, but at least they'd be part of the crowd and wouldn't be exposed to the sort of uncouth behaviour practised by us louts in the Holte).

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 12:06:46 AM »
Oh, and Tom has a point (not often I say that 😉). How close is the club to meeting the targets set by Premier League clubs for accommodating disabled supporter (in the hope that we get promoted sooner or later)?

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 12:44:28 AM »
Can we ask about car stickers for season ticket holders please? I'm part of the pride and want to be one of 20,000 driving around promoting our club far and wide.

Secondly as part of the pride when will we be sorting out the painting of the railway bridge at Witton station that bears our colours ? I don't feel very proud about that and keep hearing about us and the regeneration of our area .

Thank you

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 12:58:11 AM »
Can we ask about car stickers for season ticket holders please? I'm part of the pride and want to be one of 20,000 driving around promoting our club far and wide.

Secondly as part of the pride when will we be sorting out the painting of the railway bridge at Witton station that bears our colours ? I don't feel very proud about that and keep hearing about us and the regeneration of our area .

Thank you

I was that just today. First time I've been to the club in a while and that bridge looks bloody awful. It wouldn't take much to fix that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 01:22:47 AM »
IIRC that was mentioned at a SCG I was at (while Lerner was still here) and I think it's because it's classed as owned by a rail company that we can't just paint it. Can't remember exact answer but got a feeling it's far from as easy to do as we'd imagine.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
The recent interview with Keith Wyness mentions developing the local area (if and when Villa Park is extended) - is there anything more the club can tell us at this stage, about their plans?

And who will this plan be enhanced should Birmingham be successful in it's bid to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games? Apart from just hosting a bunch of rough chaps with odd shaped balls.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal