collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2017/18 by Axl Rose
[Today at 05:28:22 AM]

Re: Bruce out? by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:07:23 AM]

Re: The Cricket Thread 2017 by OzVilla
[Today at 04:34:28 AM]

Re: Bruce out? by jeowje
[Today at 04:06:23 AM]

Re: Bruce out? by Toronto Villa
[Today at 03:02:02 AM]

Author Topic: International Football 2017/18  (Read 4586 times)

Offline Clampy

• prolific poster
  • GM : PCM
Re: International Football 2017/18
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
I'm  usually pretty defensive of referee's on here when contentious matters arise, but that decision against N.I.  last night was amongst the worst I have ever seen.  Handball has to be seen to be intentional and deliberate and if that joker last night cannot tell the difference then he has no right to officiate at a football match ever again at any level.  He should be removed from all lists with immediate effect.

I thought he was piss poor all game. Some of the fouls he was giving against Lafferty were laughable, or laffertyable.

Offline dcdavecollett

• reserve
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
It WAS Elleray who gave the six-second free-kick against Jamo.

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
I'm  usually pretty defensive of referee's on here when contentious matters arise, but that decision against N.I.  last night was amongst the worst I have ever seen.  Handball has to be seen to be intentional and deliberate and if that joker last night cannot tell the difference then he has no right to officiate at a football match ever again at any level.  He should be removed from all lists with immediate effect.

Not just the handball, which was an awful decision but the Swiss guy should have been sent off early in the game. He wiped out the Irish player. The ref bottled it because it was very 'early doors'. I am convinced that if that had happened an hour into the game he would have been shown a red card.

Although with that excuse for an international referee, possibly not.

Offline dave shelley

• coach
  • GM : 06.02.2017
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2017, 10:13:11 AM »
Since posting that, I've been thinking about what I said.  I have actually seen one that was worse and it was given against the Villa.  I think it was back in the late sixties early seventies at Villa Park but sadly I can't remember the opposition. I do remember the incident though, it happened down the Witton End, Fred Turnbull ended up sprawled on his back after a challenge with both his arms in a cruciform position, the ball squirmed loose and rolled over Turnbull's hand and the next thing we knew the dumb click of a referee was awarding a penalty.  Cue stunned silence then mayhem.  Any old 'uns throw any light on this?

Offline dcdavecollett

• reserve
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2017, 09:01:56 PM »
Sounds like the Notts County game to me, which was on MOTD.

It was a deliberate handball by Fred, in my opinion, that prevented a goal.

Offline dcdavecollett

• reserve
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21:47 PM »
Oh, and Tommy Hughes saved the penalty!

Offline dave shelley

• coach
  • GM : 06.02.2017
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:25 PM »
Oh, and Tommy Hughes saved the penalty!

Not the game I'm thinking of then as I remember the penalty being scored and we lost.

Offline devilla

• first team
  • GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2017, 08:53:36 PM »
Anybody watching the England game? What a load of garbage.

Offline four fornicholl

• international
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2017, 09:07:13 PM »
Anybody watching the England game? What a load of garbage.
Rick Stein for me.

Offline Damo70

• player manager
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2017, 09:20:29 AM »
I think MON will quit. I like him a hell of a lot more than most on here but he doesn't tend to stick around to turn things around when they start going wrong. I think he will retire.

Chris Coleman is signing a new contract with Wales apparently. Which mean firstly they have offered him more money and secondly his thinly veiled attempts to invite other offers by publicly 'considering his opinion' for months haven't resulted in a tempting offer from elsewhere.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:22:20 AM by Damo70 »

Online ciggiesnbeer

• coach
  • Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 29.04.2016
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2017, 07:54:07 PM »
Since posting that, I've been thinking about what I said.  I have actually seen one that was worse and it was given against the Villa.  I think it was back in the late sixties early seventies at Villa Park but sadly I can't remember the opposition. I do remember the incident though, it happened down the Witton End, Fred Turnbull ended up sprawled on his back after a challenge with both his arms in a cruciform position, the ball squirmed loose and rolled over Turnbull's hand and the next thing we knew the dumb click of a referee was awarding a penalty.  Cue stunned silence then mayhem.  Any old 'uns throw any light on this?

No but a "appalling refereeing decisions against Aston Villa" thread sounds awfully tempting to start... remember when Helenius had his shorts literally pulled down in the box by some Spurs twat in front of the ref and he gave no penalty? Outrageous.

Offline dcdavecollett

• reserve
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
It was Vertongen who was the guilty party.

Happily for all concerned, the ref played advantage to a player with his shorts round his ankles! I wonder why he didn't score...