collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Most hated  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Most hated
« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2020, 04:17:31 PM »
Crikey no-one has mentioned the kit stealing, stadium stealing, (we won the World Cup), wannabee Mockney barstewards.

Hate them.
Thing is,until the triumvirate of evil and the stadium shenanigans I allways quite liked the cockney Pwopa football club, o gor blimey knees up mover brown little fuckers

As an away fan I found Upton Park to be the most intimidating ground to visit. Millwall was just grim. Although the only ground I encountered trouble on two seperate occasions was Oxford.

Offline Broughty-Villian

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2020, 07:03:34 PM »
Rangers/Celtic
Celtic/Rangers

er

Redscouse

Offline Rory Christopher

• GM : PCM
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2020, 08:45:53 PM »
I didn't include Leeds in my original. A grievous omission, I now see.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2020, 09:57:39 PM »
Not being from the Midlands, our local rivals (whether in reality or their imaginations) barely register past amusement value except when we're playing them. The Sheffield teams and Leeds fans telling me l should support my local team always made me laugh. So, for actual hatred, I am left with Liverpool (purely because of Stevie Me and Gerard "he's a very good actor" Houllier) and Blackburn, due to the dozens of people who bought Blackburn shirts and claimed to be big fans when they won the title despite being unable to find Blackburn on a map.

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2020, 10:07:20 PM »
On a slightly connected note, one of the senior management (Everton fan) in the company I work for told me he didn't like The Villa because of Brian Little. When I asked what he had done (expecting it to be something like the 77 League Cup Final or something like that) it turned out it was the last sticker he needed to complete his Panini album one year and he never got it.  Possibly the most irrational reason to dislike a team I've heard.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2020, 08:00:44 PM »
It'd be enough for me.

I have a weird fondness for Luton on the basis that they were the only team I completed.

Offline Rory Christopher

« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2020, 09:13:58 PM »
I've only ever tried one of those Panini things, in the late '90s. I saved my pocket money to buy the stickers, and after three weeks (and therefore three packets) I had six Jamie Redknapps, four Ray Parlours, and not a single Villa player. I gave up.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2020, 10:16:49 PM »
Definitely had Football 1978 and 1979 and started World Cup 1978. Used to to love getting the textured team crests.

Not sure what year it was (early 80s?) but I also had one with national airlines. The logos of the likes of Sabena and Olympic Airlines seemed very exotic as a kid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal