collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132654 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
Great cross for the first goal

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »
Another good game. Love his determination and just how much he wants to play and win.

Is he a loan with an option to buy I wonder?
Hmmm...I will repeat words of my post above yours.

I think he's been better in the last 3-4 games.  I was very disappointed with him for the first month.

He’d not played much for a good while though, had he?

Oh indeed, I think there's plenty of reasons for it, but it was still a little worrying.  As I've said before, one of things that really bothers me about Villa is how often we buy experienced players and they take 7-8 games to settle in, that really shouldn't be the case as often as it is.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2017, 06:20:48 PM »
Snodgrass will do well for us this season and I am not averse to making it permanent if we go up. He takes it seriously.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #363 on: November 23, 2017, 06:23:57 PM »
Snodgrass will do well for us this season and I am not averse to making it permanent if we go up. He takes it seriously.

You almost make it seem that to be successful we need players with a winning mentality who actually give a shit. That's crazy talk and not the modern Villa way.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #364 on: November 23, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
I always think that when I hear about players "giving 100%" like we should be greatful they've done that.

Mind you, after the 2015/16 season we maybe should be grateful!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #365 on: November 23, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »
I also do not like to hear praise for "putting a shift in". They bloody well should anyway. But there is a difference between hard work and it meaning something to you. And it does with him.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #366 on: November 23, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
I also do not like to hear praise for "putting a shift in". They bloody well should anyway. But there is a difference between hard work and it meaning something to you. And it does with him.

Ahh, the Brett Holman conundrum.. running for the sake of running without adding anything to the game.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2017, 07:26:22 PM »

Ahh, the Brett Holman conundrum.. running for the sake of running without adding anything to the game.

I don't think you can level that at Snodgrass. Holman was, however, shit.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #368 on: November 23, 2017, 08:49:30 PM »

We have replaced Holman with Bjarnason though, so we've got that covered in the squad.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
Specifically on Snodgrass he reminds me of Milner in that he's a solid 7 out of 10 in every way but is completely unwilling to accept it and through sheer force of will he manages to be better than he should be.

That's not meant as a criticism of either of them, I think it's a fantastic attitude to have.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2017, 09:29:17 PM »
Specifically on Snodgrass he reminds me of Milner in that he's a solid 7 out of 10 in every way but is completely unwilling to accept it and through sheer force of will he manages to be better than he should be.

That's not meant as a criticism of either of them, I think it's a fantastic attitude to have.

That's a fair shout actually, and is a nice balance to have in your widemen.  The out and out flair one, and the less naturally talented but perhaps harder working one.  Similar in some ways to Young and Milner.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2017, 09:49:05 PM »
Snodgrass looked a lot sharper on Tuesday than he did before the international break.  Hopefully over his injury now. 

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2017, 11:44:45 PM »

Better than Tonev and Hogan.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Another good game. Love his determination and just how much he wants to play and win.

Is he a loan with an option to buy I wonder?
Hmmm...I will repeat words of my post above yours.

I think he's been better in the last 3-4 games.  I was very disappointed with him for the first month.

Agree with this

At Preston he had an assist and a goal but was still pretty crap for majority of the game - has certainly looked sharper lately but my jury is still out

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #374 on: November 24, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »

I like this analogy.  I was a massive fan of Milner and was pleased when we signed Snodgrass - I think he'll have a big impact on our season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal