collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The kids are alright  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: The kids are alright
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 08:37:12 AM »
Given what we learned from last night's game, should the club make any more acquisitions before the end of the month?
Should we now not integrate the two squads from Saturday and last night and maximise the chances of some of the kids actually coming through to become regular first-teamers?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 08:54:39 AM »
Given what we learned from last night's game, should the club make any more acquisitions before the end of the month?
Should we now not integrate the two squads from Saturday and last night and maximise the chances of some of the kids actually coming through to become regular first-teamers?
Absolutely we should. There's some real young talented players coming through who should be given their chance. Young hungry and eager over mercenaries any time for me. Even Mcormack seems to have had a bit of a wake up call. He looked leaner and sharper last night.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:24 AM »
If we're going to play with four attacking midfielders there'll be plenty of opportunities for grealish and a good few for O'Hare

Think RHM may need to go on loan

Don't think Bjarnason will be here this time next year
Maybe. But he looked much improved last night.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »
I am not sure if we can make a call based on playing Wigan reserves however I agree with your sentiment.

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2017, 12:27:30 PM »
Mitch Clark played well I thought. Personally I didn't even notice he was right footed until the second half. Went on few decent runs too.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2017, 08:56:52 PM »
Doyle-Hayes caught my eye much more than the other two. Classy passer

Offline jwarry

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Bruce saying none of them will be let go this window, I should bloody hope not, there are a bunch of wasters that need to go not the up and coming talent!

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
Mitch Clark should be right-footed, as he is a right-back.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2017, 01:01:20 AM »

That's not how it works these days. Once it was the key skill of a full back to force a wide player outside and then use their best foot to make the tackle/block to stop the cross.
Now,  they are more inclined to let them cut inside because the centre is packed, in which case tackling with the good foot is reversed.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2017, 01:56:50 PM »

That's not how it works these days. Once it was the key skill of a full back to force a wide player outside and then use their best foot to make the tackle/block to stop the cross.
Now,  they are more inclined to let them cut inside because the centre is packed, in which case tackling with the good foot is reversed.

I was having this conversation at the game on Saturday.

The issue with the latter option is that teams are more frequently putting wingers on the "wrong" side so that they can cut in and ping the top corner, a la Andre Green on Saturday.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »

I was having this conversation at the game on Saturday.

The issue with the latter option is that teams are more frequently putting wingers on the "wrong" side so that they can cut in and ping the top corner, a la Andre Green on Saturday.

And Ashley Young

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal