collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Jack Grealish by Ads
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by kieron
[Today at 07:21:31 AM]

Re: Jack Grealish by ROBBO
[Today at 07:12:45 AM]

Re: Tom Fox announced as new Villa CEO by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 01:36:26 AM]

Re: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:52:09 AM]

Re: Tom Fox announced as new Villa CEO by eamonn
[Today at 12:51:16 AM]

Re: Chelsea Away by Brassneck
[Today at 12:17:31 AM]

Re: Chelsea Away by QuintonVilla
[November 18, 2019, 11:26:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keinan Davis  (Read 61209 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Keinan Davis
« Reply #720 on: October 22, 2019, 04:16:23 AM »
The problem with Davis and its not his fault as he gives 110% is that he is not good enough at this level.  He is given a certain amount of leeway as he is one of our own but please don't let sentiment get in the way

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #721 on: October 22, 2019, 05:36:29 AM »
Heís not really one of our own is he?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2020
« Reply #722 on: October 22, 2019, 06:05:07 AM »
Well, his contribution was insignficant on Saturday.
If he were a new Firmino, happy days! I just don't see that at all.

He is a good footballer and I'd love him to succeed .... but I'm not sure he's quite got it.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 18.07.2017
« Reply #723 on: October 22, 2019, 06:07:20 AM »
As an impact sub he suits us at the moment. Heís strong, works hard and in the few minutes he was on on Saturday had one turn where he beat a couple of defenders and the keeper made a good save. I think heís fine in that role for where we are now.

Online themossman

• GM : 14.02.2018
« Reply #724 on: October 22, 2019, 08:51:58 AM »
He always tries hard and always does good things when he comes on but a striker without goals is a luxury we canít afford. He couldnít score in the championship so itís asking a bloody lot for him to turn into a striker who can score in the PL.

Offline amfy

• GM : 24.06.2020
« Reply #725 on: October 22, 2019, 09:11:13 AM »
Not so sure.

He is only 21 years old and although his scoring record of 2 goals in 39 appearances doesnít look at all impressive, his record of 2 goals in 3 England under 20 appearances is a bit better.
I have a feeling that a fair proportion of his Villa appearances have been for substitute cameos of 10 - 20 minutes. I canít remember him actually having a run in the team to find his feet, and I think he has looked a better player as time has gone on. He looks fitter and his movement is better.

I seem to remember a fair few players that we deemed not good enough or overrated at 21 that seem to have done OK in the end.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #726 on: October 22, 2019, 10:48:07 AM »
Not so sure.

He is only 21 years old and although his scoring record of 2 goals in 39 appearances doesn’t look at all impressive, his record of 2 goals in 3 England under 20 appearances is a bit better.
I have a feeling that a fair proportion of his Villa appearances have been for substitute cameos of 10 - 20 minutes. I can’t remember him actually having a run in the team to find his feet, and I think he has looked a better player as time has gone on. He looks fitter and his movement is better.

I seem to remember a fair few players that we deemed not good enough or overrated at 21 that seem to have done OK in the end.

Wise words.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #727 on: October 22, 2019, 10:54:22 AM »
I'd like to see him start ahead of Wesley, I think we'd look far more dangerous going forward.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #728 on: October 22, 2019, 11:04:16 AM »
I think there's a player in there, but as with any young striker at any club, he really needs to take his chances if he's to make it with us.

He'll continue to get sub appearances in the league and he'll get full games in the cups - if he continues to struggle to put the ball away then there can't really be any suggestion come end of season that he hasn't had the opportunity. Assuming he stays clear of injury between now and then.

Would absolutely love to see him become a player for us, but equally could see him leaving to join a Championship side in the summer. Could go either way, and only he can ensure that doesn't happen.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #729 on: October 22, 2019, 11:07:56 AM »

He is a good footballer and I'd love him to succeed .... but I'm not sure he's quite got it.

His shot helped win us three points. If it had been off target Brighton would've taken 40 seconds over the goal kick and it would've finished 1-1.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #730 on: October 22, 2019, 11:10:49 AM »

His shot helped win us three points. If it had been off target Brighton would've taken 40 seconds over the goal kick and it would've finished 1-1.

I haven't seen this discussed anywhere actually (apologies if I've missed it), but I did find myself wanting to ask both during and after the game: Wtf was that bonkers goal-kick tactic they were using for the entire second half?

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #731 on: October 22, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »
Watching the Sheffield United game David McGoldrick actually did a good job as striker who could drop into midfield area and help keep possession and win free kicks.

I remember years back Stoke always playing Sidibe as a second striker and that working quite well for their system.

Hardly any strikers below the elite ones even score 15 goals in premier league these days so I'm a bit bemused people writing him off simply because he dosen't score. Strikers can impact games in other ways.

On Saturday he was away from goal and managed to turn, hold off some defenders and get a good shot on target that was well saved. We then scored 30 seconds later so he helped us get three points.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #732 on: October 22, 2019, 11:20:05 AM »
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/torschuetzenliste/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2018

This is list of last season.

Just 8 players scored more than 15 league goals and obviously with Aubameyang, Salah, Kane, Mane, Hazard....Vardy etc you're talking about the best attackers in world.

Below that guys like Mitrovic, Ashley Barnes,Rondon,  Ayoze Perez, Firmino, Son, Glenn Murray all getting 11-12.

With the greatest will in the world I can't see Kienan getting to that figure but as season progresses if he can score 4-5 goals and say 3 of them are 1-0 winners he'd have done o.k considering he won't be starting many matches.

What the numbers do show is for all the criticism so far Big Wes is doing fine in the scoring stakes. Already 33% there for the 11-12 figure.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #733 on: October 22, 2019, 11:36:38 AM »
Focusing on Davis he hasn't had the level of coaching at academy to seniors that others have had and sometimes that shows.
It depends how the central striker wants to be used . Sole purpose as a goal machine Keinan is way off. But someone who contributing to overall play and linking up and assisting then he can be that guy.
Certainly it's challenging ,at this level, for him to get 10 goals.
There is growth potential there and it's tricky because his contract is up in the summer.
Ideally he have more playing time experience minutes in say Championship but needs dictate him part of our squad.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #734 on: October 22, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »

Exactly this.
Once he settled down he also took the ball on half way line with a defender at his back turned and shrugged him off as well as passing a midfielder and direct ran towards goal whilst running with the ball he saw where to play it but he played an over weighted pass  out wide left which slowed the attacking progress but he still made a pass to villa team mate.
Davis created that with his raw power and directness.
All his passes found a team mate.3 times he passed.
Overall he had 6 touches he did ok. Didn't foul anyone .
It would have been 7 touches but Grealish passed it into his feet and the ball when under him! Think that would have been his 1st or 2nd touch.
Level wise would need loaning out. Like Andre Green a bit of development and he could be something