collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

Recent Posts

Author Topic: Keinan Davis  (Read 19941 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

• first team
Re: Keinan Davis
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 05:27:55 PM »
Kept moving and wanting all you can ask for

Online TheMalandro

• coach
  • GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »
Young and energetic. Bastard.

Offline Matt Collins

• coach
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »
I really thought we were making a physical presence up top - presumably why we're after Gallagher

Glad to hear he did so well and sounds like he definitely deserved a goal

Got to start v Bristol

Online ChicagoLion

• international
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 05:35:04 PM »
One game against a really, really bad Norwich side. I'll wait after he's played a good season to pass judgement, seen far too many Gardeners and Moores to get carried away yet.
Well let's hope this is a talent we nurture and grow, because there is obviously real talent there and I liked the fact that he was not intimidated physically.
It was a great performance and so refreshing to see a young Villa player do that.

Offline London Villan

• coach
  • GM : 08.05.2017
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »
He did the same against Brighton last season. Holds the ball up, lays it off and has a turn of pace/strength. Despite hourehans three goals Davis was my man of the match.

Offline Tuscans

• coach
  • GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 05:40:24 PM »
One game against a really, really bad Norwich side. I'll wait after he's played a good season to pass judgement, seen far too many Gardeners and Moores to get carried away yet.
Well let's hope this is a talent we nurture and grow, because there is obviously real talent there and I liked the fact that he was not intimidated physically.
It was a great performance and so refreshing to see a young Villa player do that.
Agree he was awesome on his full debut, involved in virtually everything on the highlights and gutted he never topped it off with a goal. But I'm still waiting on something similar from Grealish.

Offline aj2k77

• coach
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 05:43:07 PM »
So with the talk of us in for Sam Gallacher the dilema is do we loan someone elses talent and spend more money?

Or do we put our own first and save ££ at the risk though that he can't keep it up?

Offline West Derby Villan

• coach
  • GM : 01.05.2017
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 05:46:05 PM »
Strong and confident performance. In fact he was the difference in the whole team performance. His hold up play brought the midfield into the game and also a target to aim for. A pity he didn't get the goal he deserved but I doubt won't be long coming.

Offline KRS

• international
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »
So with the talk of us in for Sam Gallacher the dilema is do we loan someone elses talent and spend more money?

Or do we put our own first and save ££ at the risk though that he can't keep it up?
We should still go in for Gallagher. Gabby is shite and McCormack is a write off, so we need another option in addition to Kodjia, Hogan and Davis.

I'd go for the big man little man combo, with either Davis/Gallagher playing with Kodjia/Hogan...I can see any combination of those pairings working well and should create a consistent style of play.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:55:27 PM by KRS »

Offline LeeB

• player manager
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 06:05:02 PM »

They may have been poor, but he's just demolished players vastly more experienced than him. He was so much stronger than his opponent I thought Norwich had signed Ciaran Clark for a while.

Offline Somniloquism

• player manager
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »
Just seen the highlights. Wow.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• international
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 20.07.2016
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 06:06:13 PM »
My first notion of him was lacking awareness, as a poor back pass happened, he only looked, and then saw that it was a chance, and started running to late.

Then after that, he showed that he is the real deal, and I was surprised how he made his own space, worked hard, kept the ball, and had some great passing.

For me, he was the MOTM based on being biggest positive. Strong as hell and if they didn't have any respect at start, Norwich surely were shitting them selves after 15 minutes.

Offline Matt Collins

• coach
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 06:11:24 PM »
Davies is the new ciaran Clarke

Online cdbullyweefan

• prolific poster
  • I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 19.01.2017
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 06:14:29 PM »

Thanks for the input, Pollyanna.

Offline CT

• international
    • http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2017, 06:15:52 PM »
Hold up play was superb.

Well played young man!!