collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Norwich City Post-Match Thread  (Read 25610 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Norwich City Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2017, 11:01:49 PM »
Im glad hes had a rant. As it puts him under pressure for Friday to be positive and get a result. Imagine how stupid he will look if we revert to tyoe. Im not sure Tony will be impressed either
Good point.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2017, 11:02:01 PM »
Whilst yesterday's result was welcome, I'm certainly not expecting miracles & Norwich were pretty poor. Bruce has had 10 month's & delivered very little to date. 

But what was clear & has been clear for month's, was the need for someone up front to hold the ball up, allowing the midfield to get forward.
Not sure it was clear to the manager. Football is a simple game but we seem to have had a run of managers who prefer to complicate and confuse. Sherwood bucked the trend when he first came, playing to our strength at the time.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2017, 11:25:17 PM »
Result 4 - 2 ! Wow just great!
So good to have a win and a massive plus was Davis up front . Real good efforts .
Hourihane really came to fore with his strikes on Saturday and very happy not just as a follower but for lad himself.
Great great finish by Green for his goal and things are looking on up.
I really hope this isn't a one-off or only for home performances but for those away days where villa faithful rightly rewarded.
I didn't like look of goals conceded in fact not at all but of course the 4 strikes and maybe more was a real deal. Up the villa !

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2017, 12:03:03 AM »
Whilst yesterday's result was welcome, I'm certainly not expecting miracles & Norwich were pretty poor. Bruce has had 10 month's & delivered very little to date. 

But what was clear & has been clear for month's, was the need for someone up front to hold the ball up, allowing the midfield to get forward.
Not sure it was clear to the manager. Football is a simple game but we seem to have had a run of managers who prefer to complicate and confuse. Sherwood bucked the trend when he first came, playing to our strength at the time.

We'll see if he has learnt anything.  For me there was a clear blueprint on Saturday going forward in terms of formation and style of play.  It waits to be seen if he can build on it or reverts to his previous square pegs in round holes approach. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »
Green needs to stay behind for half an hour a couple of times a week to work on his finishing, especially with his head. He could easily have 5-6 goals this season. Which shows how good he is at being in the right places. Learns to finish he will be scary.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2017, 12:47:44 AM »
I don't get why he taken in this approach. He completely misses the point. Happy you got a win Steve but you got lucky with your selection. It could all go shit shaped next week. We've put up with 40 games of mainly bland, shit mediocrity and yes you have spent millions your fucking chancer. I hope you prove us all wrong but this again feels like a false dawn because we've had so many of them with you and over the last few years.
What a fucking stupid comment.  Chancer?  Yeah he has been mostly poor at Villa but calling someone with his experience and record a 'fucking chancer' makes you look a complete bellend.

After 40 odd games in charge and millions more than any other team in the division in spending, we sat bottom of the league. For him to have a go at the fans demonstrated he had no idea what we have been through. He's very lucky to be where he is. He should remember that. Now all he's done is set himself up for more criticism. Like everyone I hope he has happened upon a magic formula. Let's see if he has at the end of this week.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2017, 12:48:48 AM »
I don't get why he taken in this approach. He completely misses the point. Happy you got a win Steve but you got lucky with your selection. It could all go shit shaped next week. We've put up with 40 games of mainly bland, shit mediocrity and yes you have spent millions you fucking chancer. I hope you prove us all wrong but this again feels like a false dawn because we've had so many of them with you and over the last few years.
Still moaning

Feel free to tell us all why everything is suddenly wonderful.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2017, 10:22:33 AM »
We played really well so pleased with the win and the performance of Davis really impressed me Hourihane's getting the match ball was pleasing Andre's first goal for Villa was sublime let's hope we can carry on playing like that for the rest of the season.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »
I don't get why he taken in this approach. He completely misses the point. Happy you got a win Steve but you got lucky with your selection. It could all go shit shaped next week. We've put up with 40 games of mainly bland, shit mediocrity and yes you have spent millions your fucking chancer. I hope you prove us all wrong but this again feels like a false dawn because we've had so many of them with you and over the last few years.
What a fucking stupid comment.  Chancer?  Yeah he has been mostly poor at Villa but calling someone with his experience and record a 'fucking chancer' makes you look a complete bellend.

After 40 odd games in charge and millions more than any other team in the division in spending, we sat bottom of the league. For him to have a go at the fans demonstrated he had no idea what we have been through. He's very lucky to be where he is. He should remember that. Now all he's done is set himself up for more criticism. Like everyone I hope he has happened upon a magic formula. Let's see if he has at the end of this week.
oh I agree he deserves criticism for his time in charge - it has been very disappointing with little sign of improvement before Saturday.  It was just your turn of phrase that I thought was inappropriate.  He has had a bit of a stinker with us but he's hardly a chancer.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2017, 11:21:35 AM »
If Villa had won 10-0 yesterday there would still be people having a moan about the manager, I haven't seen or read anything of what he said after the match, I don't really care I just know I thoroughly enjoyed a Villa performance for the first time in what felt like years.

Perhaps an indication of how poor we have been for years is that my son who has been going for 9 years to Villa Park declared it the best league performance he's seen. We really have been to some terrible matches.
to be fair to Bruce- I read a couple of Matt Kendrick tweeted mail articles about Bruce on Houriane and Davis. He was very positive about both and seemed to hint that he will set us up to be more attacking this season. Hopefully this result will give him the confidence to persevere with some of the younger players.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #220 on: August 21, 2017, 12:16:07 PM »
We played really well so pleased with the win and the performance of Davis really impressed me Hourihane's getting the match ball was pleasing Andre's first goal for Villa was sublime let's hope we can carry on playing like that for the rest of the season.

Everything darren said!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #221 on: August 22, 2017, 07:30:13 AM »
A clean sheet would have been nice but it's good to see us win.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2017, 04:15:49 PM »
Wow!

Best performance since the 3-2 against Everton, two and a half years ago. We could have scored any number of goals.

It was a bit like turning up to a Quaker meeting, expecting declarations of Peace and Love, then the head guy breaks out the AK-47s and says, "Let's kick ass, mother*ckers!!"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal